Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing Travel out of country and re-entry after 485 filing. Various options of travelling and issues that need to be taken care of while filing and after filing 485.

Old 10-24-2007, 05:49 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pcjandyala is just really nice pcjandyala is just really nice pcjandyala is just really nice pcjandyala is just really nice pcjandyala is just really nice
Default Emergency AP (Advance Parole) I-131 on medical grounds

Hi

I wanted to publish my experience on emergency AP (I-131) travel document with local USCIS office

My father-in-law admitted into hospital back at home(India) and was going through major surgery. My wife was desperate to go India to provide her assistance as she was the eldest in the family. We realized that our visas are expired and filed the I-485 (EB based) in July-2007 (Got the receipt numbers though) and wanted to apply for emergency AP documents. We don't want to go through visa stamping in India as it's kind of pain to go through that (not interms of Embassy but interms of travel and dates availability etc

We visited local uscis (Through infopass) and asked them to expedite our I-131 applications which were applied as part of I-485 in July-2007 on medical grounds.
She provided us a fax number to fax the request which we did and waited for 2 days and no action from their side. one of my friends advised me to go through senator and congressman and contacted them and they too send the requests to expedite the request. Waited for 2 more days and finally gone though all forums and realized that we have to mention Emergency AP documents rather than asking them to expedite the pending applications(Pendignw tih Nebraska). We have taken again infopass and asked them it's emergency and provided the supporting doctor documents and luckily we got office supervisor. She is kind enough to talk to Nebraska center and asked us to come one day after to check the status.

We went to again next day and she said that they are not responding and decided to issue an emergency AP document but with new application+ fees.
I said that's fine and they processed in a day and got the documents.

Supporting documents submitted with new I-131 application
---------------------------------------------------------
1. I-131 application (Filled)
2. $305 fees check towards US department of homeland security(Please double check this with web site)
3. two passport size color photos
4. Passport copy
5. I-94 copy
6. H1B copy (they wanted to see the history of legal status so submitted previous H1B copies also)
7. medical reports

Things to remember:
-------------------------------
1. Infopass appointment: Take whatever date u get and explain them the medical emergency
2. Mention that you came for EMRGECNY AP documents on medical grounds
3. Don't hesitate to talk to supervisor

I thought of share with you so that if someone is looking for gudidance on emergency AP.

thanks

GC Category:- EB-2
PD:- Dec, 2004
140 :- Mar, 2007
485 :- July, 2007
131/765 Filed:- Aug , 2007
Receipt Numbers(485):- WAC-XXXXXXXXX
Receipts(131/765) :- LIN - XXXXXXX
EAD : Got it
AP : Got it
FP : Done
+++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.
+++++++++++
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:04 AM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2008
Compare
ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts
Default Appreciate your effort to share

Appreciate your effort to share with other about your experience. This is why IV forums are valuable for.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sudarshana_sg will become famous soon enough

Went to local USCIS office with I 485 receipt, I 131 receipt and death certificate, they asked for 4 passport size photographs, and asked me when I wanted to travel. They then had me fill out a new I 131, and issued me emergency AP valid for 1 yr, multiple entry. All in all it took abt 2 1/2 hrs. Moral of the story- if you have a valid reason, and supporting documentation that is irrefutable, this is not an issue, Make sure you have 4 passport size photographs with you when you go.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
satishbsk is on a distinguished road
Default Emergency

I did not pre apply when I was required a AP, went to Local USCIS with new application and death certificate and asked for emergency AP. Officer told to apply online and come back with Travel itenary, which I did and got AP in 2 hours but for only 1 month and single entry.