Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation
Click to log in with Facebook
Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation Gap in employment(paystubs) and the resulting problems during status transfer and green card filing.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:13 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
proline007 will become famous soon enough proline007 will become famous soon enough
Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by copsmart View Post
Did you try the Experian/Equifax/TransUnion website to pull the credit report? You have to pay but it is not very expensive.

So, you had 8 cards in total, thats interesting. Did you max out all 8 cards?
yes and I used credit cards to pay my school fee
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2008, 01:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
s_r_e_e will become famous soon enough s_r_e_e will become famous soon enough

15K balance all the 'default' interest will be a lot more now. It will be in your CR already. Paying off an old debt like this will not help your Credit Score or Financial state.

DO NOT PAY any credit fixing agencies. you can do all of it yourself. I am thinking you will be able to settle this for less than 9K in onetime payment.

See this.

http://debt-consolidation-credit-rep...rums/index.php

It could be bit overwhelming in the begning. persistence and patiance is the mantra of credit repair
________
Web Shows

Last edited by s_r_e_e; 09-15-2011 at 04:28 AM.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:44 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
proline007 will become famous soon enough proline007 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_r_e_e View Post
15K balance all the 'default' interest will be a lot more now. It will be in your CR already. Paying off an old debt like this will not help your Credit Score or Financial state.

DO NOT PAY any credit fixing agencies. you can do all of it yourself. I am thinking you will be able to settle this for less than 9K in onetime payment.

See this.

http://debt-consolidation-credit-rep...rums/index.php

It could be bit overwhelming in the begning. persistence and patiance is the mantra of credit repair
I would like to talk in detail. would you mind to email me at: proline007atgmail.com

Thanks

Old 09-11-2008, 01:58 AM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by proline007 View Post
yes and I used credit cards to pay my school fee
Hey Proline - like many people said, don't go to a credit fixing agency. I was in a similar situation (although my debt was not due to pay school fee - I just enjoyed too much and put all my flight tickets on my credit cards) and all of a sudden I was $20K in debt. First, I started making less than minimum payments and then I started falling behind in my payments. My interest rate sky rocketed and I was not in a position to pay off the debt. I was still in school then. I finally decided to go to a Debt Consolidation Agency (genuine ones don't charge you a penny - the one I approached said that after they talk to the credit card companies and structure my debt payment, they will require one month's payment as a deposit. If I kept my terms and paid off the debt, they would return the deposit - which they did). To make a long story short - I used their services and started making one payment to them every month and they split the payment to the different companies - and after I got out of school and I got a job - I started paying 60% of my net income to pay off the cards. It took me a total of 11 months to get out of debt. And it took me a couple of years to recover from bad credit scores. I learned my lesson the hard way but as a result have not been in debt for a long time (unless you consider the house of course :-) ).

My advice to you is - go to a debt consolidation agency - in your case, if the loan has been resold, they can try and get the amount you owed reduced. Good luck on getting out of debt. And don't entertain anyone who takes money from you to fix your problem. And research the agency before getting their help (google.com is your friend in this case).

Old 09-11-2008, 02:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
s_r_e_e will become famous soon enough s_r_e_e will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I would like to talk in detail. would you mind to email me at: proline007atgmail.com
Thanks
I am not an expert, and no experience with big debt. I did have an old telephone bill unpaid, which went into my CR, and that lead me to credit fixing forum.

There is no reason to hurry to pay this. You will not get a mortgage / car loan immediatly anyways.your 15K debt is nothing, they wouldnt have filed any lawsuites so soon.

You will need to put some effort and time to get things fixed. Start reading the forum and once familiar with basics, post your question there.

I would advice to use some of that 15K to get 2-3 SECURED credit cards (read more in the forum), so that you can start building your credit immediatly.

Take educated decisions so that you can get out of this with minimum damage.
________
PAXIL SIDE EFFECT

Last edited by s_r_e_e; 09-15-2011 at 04:29 AM.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:35 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Thank you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_r_e_e View Post
I am not an expert, and no experience with big debt. I did have an old telephone bill unpaid, which went into my CR, and that lead me to credit fixing forum.

There is no reason to hurry to pay this. You will not get a mortgage / car loan immediatly anyways.your 15K debt is nothing, they wouldnt have filed any lawsuites so soon.

You will need to put some effort and time to get things fixed. Start reading the forum and once familiar with basics, post your question there.

I would advice to use some of that 15K to get 2-3 SECURED credit cards (read more in the forum), so that you can start building your credit immediatly.

Take educated decisions so that you can get out of this with minimum damage.
SREE

I will do that and Thank you very much for your suggestions

Old 09-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute

For credit score and any details attached to your social security try
Privacyguard.com they will charge you 11$/month but you get to see unlimited time credit score from all agencies .

Old 09-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Compare
xlr8r is on a distinguished road

Go to http://www.creditboards.com/forums

There is a ton of info about credit repair and other related topics. Most of the people on that forum are very knowledgeable. I'd spend a week or two reading the posts before making any major decision about your situation.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
immieb2 is a jewel in the rough immieb2 is a jewel in the rough immieb2 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

I am committed to get rid of my CC debt as soon as I enter US next month. I am carrying enough funds($15 k) so that I can settle it in single payment.
I think you will get a better deal if you try this before entering US.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/11/2007
Compare
jingi1234 is infamous around these parts jingi1234 is infamous around these parts
Default Not A Good Idea To Pay Now

It is not a good idea to pay them now. DAMAGE is already done.

My brother was in the similar situation but he didnít pay only $70.00 to supid VERIZON for phone bill. They ruined his Credit hsitory and its been 5 years [it will stay for 7 years total]

Old 09-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts
Default Talk to ur creditors

Better to settle this debt before you enter.
I hope u do not run into issues at immigrations.

I am pretty sure that during the last 18 months they would have messed up ur credit score. The claim would have gone to Credit Recovery agency >> they can be pretty ugly ....check the status of ur debt and talk to ur creditors before entering the country so that u do not face any issues at immigrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by immieb2 View Post

Old 09-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default any problems during Immigration check at POE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by immieb2 View Post
Do you think I might face any problems at the PORT OF ENTRY? due to my current situation

Will I get better deal in terms of lowering the amount? IF I start negotiating with them from INDIA it self.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
mmanurker has a reputation beyond repute mmanurker has a reputation beyond repute mmanurker has a reputation beyond repute mmanurker has a reputation beyond repute mmanurker has a reputation beyond repute mmanurker has a reputation beyond repute mmanurker has a reputation beyond repute mmanurker has a reputation beyond repute mmanurker has a reputation beyond repute mmanurker has a reputation beyond repute mmanurker has a reputation beyond repute
Default card debt are civil matters and not criminal

I dont think that defaulting the payments on the credit card or any credit card debt are not criminal but they are civil matters hence it should not impact on your immigration. Though this is my opinion so get an legal opinion from immigration attorney.

Last edited by mmanurker; 09-11-2008 at 01:07 PM.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/11/2007
Compare
jingi1234 is infamous around these parts jingi1234 is infamous around these parts

Also I had a friend who had more than $30K in debt before leaving to India. He never paid anything.

He came back last year on H1B and he didn;t had any problems at the immigration.

After coming here you can never get any loans / Credit cards or buying a CAR etc. You have to pay cash [with debit card] every where ...

Old 09-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2006
Compare
a_tyagi26 is a jewel in the rough a_tyagi26 is a jewel in the rough a_tyagi26 is a jewel in the rough
Default Just live life

It will be best if you just come here. Take care of your housing, food, utilities first. Settle in your job and learn more about job and working environment. Try to find a car for your basic transportation. Try out some beater car for around $5000 paid in full. Once your life is settled in say 3-6 months, keep cash on your hand for emergency purpose.

Once you have all your things settled down, start talking to all the creditors by checking your credit report. See what the situation is for you to settle the debt. As lot of people have mentioned about lot of forums, so do make a comprehensive plan of what you are going to do about those credit cards. It cannot hurt to have extra knowledge while your in India. But your first priority should be about your own life and your job.

Credit score will only be important if you are going to take credit. If you are financially savvy, live within your means, and save from your income, then there is very little reason for you to worry about credit score at this stage. If you make decent living and save quite a bit money then credit score for you is pretty much useless. It might be important if and when you plan to buy a house or else its just a random number. How credit score can hurt on your ability to get an apartment on rent is totally different story.

So don't sweat on it and focus on your job and life. Goodluck.

Not a legal or financial advise, talk to lawyer or financial advisor for your individual requirements.

Last edited by a_tyagi26; 09-11-2008 at 01:33 PM.