Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
zamoo will become famous soon enough
Default Parental consent letter for kids visiting India

Hello All,

Sorry to ask question based on rumor(s). I have not been able to find any authentic information on official web-sites.

The rumor is : When a US citizen kid is traveling to India accompanied by only one of the parents who is not a US citizen (traveling on EAD/AP/H-1B, etc...or anything similar), the other parent needs to write a "To whomsoever it may concern" type of letter consenting to the US-citizen kid's travel.

True ? Not true ? Anyone having come across anything related to this ?

Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/24/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
dskhabra has a reputation beyond repute dskhabra has a reputation beyond repute dskhabra has a reputation beyond repute dskhabra has a reputation beyond repute dskhabra has a reputation beyond repute dskhabra has a reputation beyond repute dskhabra has a reputation beyond repute dskhabra has a reputation beyond repute dskhabra has a reputation beyond repute dskhabra has a reputation beyond repute dskhabra has a reputation beyond repute

I know if both parents are not travelling then you should always do this and get it signed from a notary...not sure when kid si travelling with one parent

Last edited by dskhabra; 05-25-2010 at 03:34 PM.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:37 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute
Default True to a large extent.

This is true. Even though they (Airline agent on US side) let you go without asking for this letter, it is always better to have it on you. The reason for this his that there have been cases of one parent taking the child away from the other parent against the wishes of the parent concerened, in cases of divorce and other familial problems. This is just a due care measure to try and stop this from happening.
I have seen this happen at the US-Canada land border crossings too, although a lot less.

Anyways, there is a very simple solution.
Compose a letter, where one parent expressly consents to letting his/her minor child/children to travel with the other parent to any destination, whether domestic to US, or international, by any means of transportation.

Type this up, go to your bank (banks usually have a Notary Public on their staff), and have the letter notarized. BOTH PARENTS WILL SIGN IN THE PRESENCE of the notary.

Something like this will do:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
----------------------

I, (your name here), resident at (your current address), hereby declare and affirm:

(1) That (your child's name) is my natural born son/daughter, whose date of birth is mm/dd/yyyy.
(2) That (your child's name) was born at (child's place of birth) and holds US passport (passport numer).
(3) That I have no objections to (your child's name) travelling to any destinattion, whether domestic or international, with his/her mother/father (mother's/father's name here), by any means of transportation.
(4) That (parent's name from (3) above, holds (US/Indian/or whatever passport number ######)

The above statements are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.

(your name here)

(Your Signature here)

(prove your cellphone number here)
Depending upon the state that you live in, the notary may need a particular verbiage, where they will place their stamp, so, check beforehand with the notary, then print that language at the bottom, after your signature.
Make two of these letters, one for you and one for your spouse.