Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 07-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
seeking_GC will become famous soon enough
Default Approved I140 transferred

Hi Everyone,
My I140 which has been approved for more than 4 years now was transferred from Texas to Nebraska.

Trying to find the method in USCIS madness - has this happened to anyone else also and any reason why they might suddenly have decided to do this?

One reason I can think of is my 485s are in NE so maybe they are trying to consolidate all information in one file??

Appreciate peoples inputs.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/25/2005
Compare
DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute

Same thing happened to me. I had posted it last week. My VSC approved 140 got transferred to TSC last week and today got email that the case is now pending. 485 was orignally filed at VSC that got transfered to TSC in March 2007.
Do you think something is cooking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeking_GC View Post
Hi Everyone,
My I140 which has been approved for more than 4 years now was transferred from Texas to Nebraska.

Trying to find the method in USCIS madness - has this happened to anyone else also and any reason why they might suddenly have decided to do this?

One reason I can think of is my 485s are in NE so maybe they are trying to consolidate all information in one file??

Appreciate peoples inputs.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light
Default what do you think of your employers?

is it in any shape size or form possible that you would put your I-140 employer into a bracket of potentially fraudulent companies? or did you have sub labor? anything you can think of that your employer may not have toed the line as far as the law is concerned? i am not suggesting that fraud investigation is the cause of these happenings... i am in fact wondering if that could be the case... if you think your employers were super lawful, then who knows what USCIS is doing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLStart View Post
Same thing happened to me. I had posted it last week. My VSC approved 140 got transferred to TSC last week and today got email that the case is now pending. 485 was orignally filed at VSC that got transfered to TSC in March 2007.
Do you think something is cooking?
I-140 AD: Jan 2008
I-485 RD: July 20 2007
I-485 ND: Sept 29 2007
EAD: on second EAD
have used AC21

Old 07-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/25/2005
Compare
DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute

The reason for transfer as per email was that the jurisdiction is now TSC But why now? why not transferred along with 485 in 2007?
Orignal poster,
what was your message in email/online status?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_shark View Post
is it in any shape size or form possible that you would put your I-140 employer into a bracket of potentially fraudulent companies? or did you have sub labor? anything you can think of that your employer may not have toed the line as far as the law is concerned? i am not suggesting that fraud investigation is the cause of these happenings... i am in fact wondering if that could be the case... if you think your employers were super lawful, then who knows what USCIS is doing!!

Old 07-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Default email contents

This is the content of the email I received.

Receipt Number: WACXXXXXXXXXXX
Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER
Current Status: Case Transfered to Another Office for Processing

On July 28, 2009, we transferred this case I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER to our LINCOLN, NE location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow the instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 to update your address. You can use our processing dates to estimate when your case may be processed by following the link below. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case by registering in the link below.
If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at USCIS Home Page under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

=========================

DSLStart can you please post the contents of the email you received?

Last edited by seeking_GC; 07-28-2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: .

Old 07-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/25/2005
Compare

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing because it has jurisdiction over the case.
On July 23, 2009, we transferred this I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
[
QUOTE=seeking_GC;560723]This is the content of the email I received.

Receipt Number: WACXXXXXXXXXXX
Current Status: Case Transfered to Another Office for Processing

On July 28, 2009, we transferred this case I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER to our LINCOLN, NE location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow the instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 to update your address. You can use our processing dates to estimate when your case may be processed by following the link below. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case by registering in the link below.
If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at USCIS Home Page under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

=========================

DSLStart can you please post the contents of the email you received?[/quote]

Old 07-29-2009, 12:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
kannan is on a distinguished road

I too got the same two mails. First mail on 20 th and last mail on 22 nd.Mine is approved from Texas on JAN 2006.My PD is Nov 2005,but I used only PD to apply I-485.My current AOS is from another company.Did you or your lawyer get any postal mail?

Last edited by kannan; 07-29-2009 at 12:32 AM.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/25/2005
Compare

No contact with old attorney since I changed job. Do you see any chance of our PD becoming current for next month, hence this activity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan View Post
I too got the same two mails. First mail on 20 th and last mail on 22 nd.Mine is approved from Texas on JAN 2006.My PD is Nov 2005,but I used only PD to apply I-485.My current AOS is from another company.Did you or your lawyer get any postal mail?

Old 07-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare

I would be very surprised if it became current in the next month.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Default update

update on my case after I posted...

I called up my previous HR contact from my old company ( I have moved employers using AC21 after getting my EAD ) and she said that the old company was revoking older I140s as their newer ones were getting rejected due to the fact that there were too many I140s already filed by the company.She wasnt sure if my I140 was also revoked.

I spoke to my lawyer and she mentioned that there should be no impact on my case since I moved after my 140 was approved and my 485 was pending for more than 6 months as per AC21 rules.

I also called up USCIS customer service and the lady mentioned that my 485 is pre-adjudicated.

...Now I am not sure if the I140 revocation by my previous company would have any impact on the preadjudicated status of my 485 app. I plan to take a infopass appointment and see if that helps. Will provide updates after my infopass appointment...