Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing Travel out of country and re-entry after 485 filing. Various options of travelling and issues that need to be taken care of while filing and after filing 485.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
virgorulz is infamous around these parts virgorulz is infamous around these parts
Default Urgent Help needed - Wife I 94 expired

Dear Guys,

I am in a peculiar situation,my Wife is on h4 (Expiry Sep 2012).

But her I 94 validity is up to Sep 2010. But some how I overlooked and I didn't see that one since long.After seeing today I realized that her I- 94 was expired long back ( 1 yr 4 months ago). Right now what are options for me, since we are expecting that our PD will become current in a month or two.( In order to apply for medicals she has to stay in USA)

1) Does my wife have to leave the country immediately?
2) Can I apply her I 94 again stating the we didn't see that one long back ?
3) Can I apply her H4 again and get the h4 and I 94 latest.

Does any body have the similar situation before, or any body knows what I have do.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PERM12 has a reputation beyond repute PERM12 has a reputation beyond repute PERM12 has a reputation beyond repute PERM12 has a reputation beyond repute PERM12 has a reputation beyond repute PERM12 has a reputation beyond repute PERM12 has a reputation beyond repute PERM12 has a reputation beyond repute PERM12 has a reputation beyond repute PERM12 has a reputation beyond repute PERM12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Call Your Attorney!!

Not sure if you went through H1 transfer or extension ..but at the time you were to apply for your wife's extension too. so the new I94 will be attached to I797 approval for extension. If it really missed then not sure how your employer / Attorney could have overlooked...

But if i were you i will call my Attorney ASAP.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
virgorulz is infamous around these parts virgorulz is infamous around these parts
Default Advise needed

Actually after completion of my first 3 years h1 ( and her h4) we both applied for extension, I got H1 for 1 year( up to sep 2010) but she got her h4 for 3 years( up to sep 2012), after that we both went to India for stamping, and stamping happened based on my h1 validity ( up to sep 2010 for me and my wife) and we both came back to USA.

After that I applied for h1 extension in sep 2010 and got 3 years extension(along with my new i 94 for 3 years), since my wife is having the h4 validity up to sep 2012 my employer advised not to apply her h4,that is where i overlooked the issue until today morning,her i 94 got expired in sep 2010 itself,

Can you please advise me what i have to do immediately....

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgorulz View Post
Actually after completion of my first 3 years h1 ( and her h4) we both applied for extension, I got H1 for 1 year( up to sep 2010) but she got her h4 for 3 years( up to sep 2012), after that we both went to India for stamping, and stamping happened based on my h1 validity ( up to sep 2010 for me and my wife) and we both came back to USA.

After that I applied for h1 extension in sep 2010 and got 3 years extension(along with my new i 94 for 3 years), since my wife is having the h4 validity up to sep 2012 my employer advised not to apply her h4,that is where i overlooked the issue until today morning,her i 94 got expired in sep 2010 itself,

Can you please advise me what i have to do immediately....
Unfortunately she is out of status. Unfortunately this may cause issues with I485. Please call your Attorney (irrespective of whether you find good advise in this forum or not).

Good Luck!