Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 04-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future
Default When the priority date becomes current ...

Now that PDs are advancing every bulletin, I think it's a good topic to discuss about what if anything one can or should do when the PD becomes current and your I-485 is pending.

My understanding is that there is nothing an applicant has to or can do once the PD becomes current. It just depends on the service center, the receive date of the I-485, and may be just a little bit of luck. Having said that, I just wanted to hear some experiences from the folks whose PDs have recently been current and if they did anything like taking a infopass appointment, initiate service request, or anything of that nature. Please share your experience. By the way, my PD became current in May bulletin.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2007
Compare
wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all
Default Sitting on the anxious seat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCard_Dream View Post
Now that PDs are advancing every bulletin, I think it's a good topic to discuss about what if anything one can or should do when the PD becomes current and your I-485 is pending.

My understanding is that there is nothing an applicant has to or can do once the PD becomes current. It just depends on the service center, the receive date of the I-485, and may be just a little bit of luck. Having said that, I just wanted to hear some experiences from the folks whose PDs have recently been current and if they did anything like taking a infopass appointment, initiate service request, or anything of that nature. Please share your experience. By the way, my PD became current in May bulletin.
----
My EB2 PD became current in May 08 Visa Bulletin.
I am on the anxious seat -- checking online status and Prority Processing Times atleast three times a day.
Hope Lady Luck will smile on all of us soon!

Old 04-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future

Is it true that the service center won't look at the case until the processing date has become current? In other words, does the USCIS not even assign an officer to the case and initiate background check until the PD has become current? I am just wondering at what point does your case gets assigned to an officer.

By the way, is your processing time also current?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellwisher02 View Post
----
My EB2 PD became current in May 08 Visa Bulletin.
I am on the anxious seat -- checking online status and Prority Processing Times atleast three times a day.
Hope Lady Luck will smile on all of us soon!

Old 04-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Priority Date
:
May-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/27/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute optimystic has a reputation beyond repute

You follow the posts of Gurus like 'googler' who are in the same boat and doing pioneering research in the area of "PD versus Processing Date mess"
FP - 2007 Sep
AP - 2007 Dec
FBI Namecheck -- ?? (How to find out?)
FP -- Cleared ?? (How to find out?)

Old 04-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I wish there was a degree awarded for these kind of research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimystic View Post
You follow the posts of Gurus like 'googler' who are in the same boat and doing pioneering research in the area of "PD versus Processing Date mess"

Old 04-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2007
Compare
wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCard_Dream View Post
Is it true that the service center won't look at the case until the processing date has become current? In other words, does the USCIS not even assign an officer to the case and initiate background check until the PD has become current? I am just wondering at what point does your case gets assigned to an officer.

By the way, is your processing time also current?
---

Processing date is April 30th 2007. I am hoping it moves forward in April 08 update which is yet to be posted. Wishful thinking, huh?

Old 04-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

From it appears that Nebraska service center is only processing EB3 cases filed prior to April 2007 but their processing date indicates that they are processing cases filed in June 2007. My PD is current but RD is not. It looks like there are so many stars that have to align perfectly for you to get your greencard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellwisher02 View Post
---

Processing date is April 30th 2007. I am hoping it moves forward in April 08 update which is yet to be posted. Wishful thinking, huh?

Old 04-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of

I shall revisit this thread in ten years. Please keep it going till then.
I-485 delivered to NSC 8 August 2007
Receipted at TSC 2 October 2007