Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 10-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2006
Chargeability
:
Canada
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2006
Compare
RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of
Default How about another flower campaign to leaders of both houses?

Since we are waiting for anything to start how about getting the attention of the leaders of both the Senate and House, let’s send flowers to both the majority and minority leaders.

What do you think guys…….. nothing to loose and this would be a good momentum builder.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyK View Post
Since we are waiting for anything to start how about getting the attention of the leaders of both the Senate and House, let’s send flowers to both the majority and minority leaders.

What do you think guys…….. nothing to loose and this would be a good momentum builder.
Pls join your state chapters at this time. It is important for further action items we are planning.

Last edited by pappu; 10-05-2007 at 01:41 PM.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Pls join your state chapters at this time. It si important for further action items we are planning.
Can you please provide some more info on 'further actions' and if those are being targeted to specifically generate results in next month?

Old 10-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by another one View Post
Can you please provide some more info on 'further actions' and if those are being targeted to specifically generate results in next month?
It is very important that people join the State Chapters first. For successful campaigns, it is very essential that we operate in a tree structure.

Yes, if you want to do a flower campaign, go ahead and do it, no one stops you from doing it.

If you join a State chapter, we will be able to do stuff in a more organized manner.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
It is very important that people join the State Chapters first. For successful campaigns, it is very essential that we operate in a tree structure.

Yes, if you want to do a flower campaign, go ahead and do it, no one stops you from doing it.

If you join a State chapter, we will be able to do stuff in a more organized manner.

I am all for creating State chapters and organizinig activities (specially after being the only one representing my state on lobby day).

But the clock for this congress is ticking, and we all believe that nothing is going to happen next year. So i would like to know if there is anything specific in the pipeline to help us in the next month, and towards which we can all focus on next 2-3 weeks? It's just a question and i don't have any suggestions yet.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
ss_col is on a distinguished road
Default How do you post a new question

Can someone tell me how to post a new question. I dont seem to find that option anywhere

Thanks

Old 10-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by another one View Post
I am all for creating State chapters and organizinig activities (specially after being the only one representing my state on lobby day).

But the clock for this congress is ticking, and we all believe that nothing is going to happen next year. So i would like to know if there is anything specific in the pipeline to help us in the next month, and towards which we can all focus on next 2-3 weeks? It's just a question and i don't have any suggestions yet.
The issue here is, when IV announced the rally and some action items sometime back - the expectation was that all the members on board can do the rally. But we got only 2000 people for the rally - the number could have been a lot higher.

For campaigns to be effective, efforts must be organized, we definitely do have plans for more campaigns, but the biggest challenge now is to organize ourselves. We need to build a a strong membership base.

I can tell you, things are happening - a lot fo things are happening, core is working tirelessly.

We must support pro immigration bills by phone calls, web faxes, meeting lawmakers, spreading messages - if we want to do things effectively - it has to be properly organized.

Yes, things are coming up in the next few weeks. Call someone from core and talk to them.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/14/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold
Default How about a cross-country relay?

People can carry something that represents us and pass it on to the next person and so on... just like the Olympic torch.

We can have public gatherings to cheer on the folks doing the running.