Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 09-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
immi_enthu is a splendid one to behold immi_enthu is a splendid one to behold immi_enthu is a splendid one to behold immi_enthu is a splendid one to behold immi_enthu is a splendid one to behold immi_enthu is a splendid one to behold immi_enthu is a splendid one to behold
Default Potential Waste of Visa Numbers. AGAIN.!!! In FY 2007

Oh Law Firm Update :

Quote:
09/28/2007: Depressing News for the Year-End Backend 485 Delays and Potential Waste of Visa Numbers for FY 2007

Unconfirmed sources indicate that two days before the end of FY 2007, there may be a substantial number of 485 applications for which visa numbers are available but have yet to be adjudicated, indicating that some visa numbers could be wasted this year. We know that the Service Centers have been working day and night and did not have enough resources to deal with the crisis which was brought about by the recent Visa Bulletin fiasco. We just hope for the better new fiscal year that will start from October 1, 2007.

Last edited by logiclife; 09-28-2007 at 09:30 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
h_shaik is a name known to all h_shaik is a name known to all h_shaik is a name known to all h_shaik is a name known to all h_shaik is a name known to all h_shaik is a name known to all
Default Make a complient to Congress Woman Joe Lofgren

If the information is correct and authentic can IV make a complient to Zoe Lofgren who played significant role in July 2007 Visal bulletin fiasco. I hope she might respond in the similar way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by immi_enthu View Post
Oh Law Firm Update :

09/28/2007: Depressing News for the Year-End Backend 485 Delays and Potential Waste of Visa Numbers for FY 2007

Unconfirmed sources indicate that two days before the end of FY 2007, there may be a substantial number of 485 applications for which visa numbers are available but have yet to be adjudicated, indicating that some visa numbers could be wasted this year. We know that the Service Centers have been working day and night and did not have enough resources to deal with the crisis which was brought about by the recent Visa Bulletin fiasco. We just hope for the better new fiscal year that will start from October 1, 2007.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Unfortunate!!

Quote:
Oh Law Firm Update :

This is horrible. We need to know how many numbers have been wasted due to notorious inefficiency of USCIS. This also raises an important question why DOS does not allocate the entire 140,000 on Oct 1st when there is tremendous backlog in the system. Also, it is ridiculous that USCIS does not release the Number of backlogged applicants in its system.!!

Last edited by HV000; 09-28-2007 at 08:54 PM.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/28/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/28/2005
Compare
raj3078 is a jewel in the rough raj3078 is a jewel in the rough raj3078 is a jewel in the rough

This is just Sad.....

Old 09-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh Law Firm Update :

wow. just wow. I dont know what to say. These guys NEVER learn.

huge retrogression, massive backlogs, lives on hold for years, all for this precious resource called a visa number, and they waste them again this year!

Even after ombudsman took them to task in his report.

Even after all the publicity of this issue.

Lawmakers dont allow recapture and USCIS keeps wasting them year after year.

This is sickening...

Old 09-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Ram_C is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Shame on them

not that it makes a huge difference, are they atleast trying to use some of the visa numbers by working over this weekend???

CA State Chapter : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SC_Immigration_Voice/

Old 09-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_C View Post
not that it makes a huge difference, are they atleast trying to use some of the visa numbers by working over this weekend???
they are working overtime on receipting (see the FAQ). Wish they stop receipting for these last 2-3 days and use up ALL the visa numbers. Everyone should be put into I-485 approval work. If there are people stuck in NC, see if any of the June/July filers manage to pass the FBI database without a hit.

A receipt notice coming 2 days late is not a big deal. If a visa number is not used up, its lost, gone forever!

Old 09-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold

Receipting people are not the ones adjudicating the cases. They are different people. So there is no used stopping the receipting.

If this news is true, then we can see "wild" approvals before the end of September. Some people with complete cases may overtake others.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunRN View Post
Receipting people are not the ones adjudicating the cases. They are different people. So there is no used stopping the receipting.

If this news is true, then we can see "wild" approvals before the end of September. Some people with complete cases may overtake others.
Its already end of September, today is the last working day for the month of Sep and moreover do you think the IOs at USCIS are determined to allocate/ use all the visa numbers for this fiscal year??? HELL NO , they give a rat's a** about it and that is why we din't see any "wild" approvals.

Last edited by Ram_C; 09-28-2007 at 09:20 PM.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:23 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold JunRN is a splendid one to behold

They are working overtime for it, hopefully 24 hours as well. This is my fear even before this announcement that visa numbers be wasted again.

Maybe we can volunteer to adjudicate each of our own case...lol!

Old 09-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunRN View Post
They are working overtime for it, hopefully 24 hours as well. This is my fear even before this announcement that visa numbers be wasted again.

Maybe we can volunteer to adjudicate each of our own case...lol!
or may be recent EADs (ex H4 visa holders) will do a better job

Old 09-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dates

They can do "wild" approvals, however, they have to do it as per September visa bulletin. IF they dont have enough approvable 485s that are as per the Sept visa bulletin and if the approvable "ready to go" cases are past the priority dates of September bulletin, then they will be sitting unapproved as they CANT do any kind of "wild" approval.

Keeping all dates current in Sept (like july, but intentionally this time around) could have made is easier on USCIS to have more choice and easily find "ready to go" cases to assign and consume all visa numbers.

Last edited by logiclife; 09-28-2007 at 09:36 PM.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

In , it was mentioned that three weeks ago, there were still 26,000 visas available as per official reply from USCIS to an inquiry. I cannot imagine how USCIS can use up all those in just three weeks. For this reason, I believe that there will be "wild" approvals this weekend.

What makes us mad is by end-June, DOS and USCIS said that no more visas are available and made July VB unavailable. Good that there was reversal of this VB and we're able to apply.

What more can we do but "sigh". Atleast for my case, I will get the interim benefits which I badly need.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:36 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife View Post
They can do "wild" approvals, however, they have to do it as per September visa bulletin. IF they dont have enough approvable 485s that are as per the Sept visa bulletin and if the approvable "ready to go" cases are past the priority dates of September, then they will be sitting unapproved as they CANT do any kind of "wild" approval.

Keeping all dates current in Sept (like july, but intentionally this time around) could have made is easier on USCIS to have more choice and easily find "ready to go" cases to assign and consume all visa numbers.
Then we can see a lot of EB2/EB3 approvals then from ROW and Philippines.

Last edited by JunRN; 09-28-2007 at 09:41 PM.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future
Default july 2nd week-end

[quote=JunRN;175492]They are working overtime for it, hopefully 24 hours as well.
Let us hope like on july 2nd week-end (when they worked on sat-sun to make 60,000 visa numbers available and adjucated even when name checks were not cleared for many applicants) these guys are working the same way this weekend ......

Last edited by sheela; 08-01-2008 at 12:33 PM.