Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajeshalex is infamous around these parts rajeshalex is infamous around these parts rajeshalex is infamous around these parts rajeshalex is infamous around these parts
Default Informing Legal Firms/Lawyers regarding Sept 18th Rally

Ask your lawyers to send this message to all their clients and post on their website:
============================

Immigration Voice To Organize A Peaceful Rally Of high-Skilled legal Immigrants In Washington D.C.

Immigration Voice, a grass-roots advocacy group of legal highly skilled immigrants will be organizing a historic, first ever rally of skilled workers in Washington D.C. on Tuesday, September 18th, 2007.

Thousands of high-skilled, legal immigrants like Doctors, Engineers, Scientists, MBAs and other professionals from all over the country are expected to participate in this unprecedented rally in the nation's capital.

Immigration Voice urges the legal high-skilled immigrant community to come and show their support for this cause. More information is at http://www.immigrationvoice.org

Rally Path

Rally participants will assemble at the Washington Monument at 9 AM for registration and announcements. The rally will start by 11 AM and reach the capitol building by 12:30.

Why?

If thousands of high-skilled immigrants have decided to get to the streets in protest and to draw attention to the legal immigration process, it means two things:

* One, the immigration process for legal high-skilled professionals is really broken.
* Two, these skilled professionals, despite all the setbacks and the hoops that the system has made them jump through, love this country, its freedom and want to grow permanent roots here.
* With this peaceful rally, these legal high-skilled professionals want to draw the attention of the US lawmakers, the immigration bureaucracy and the American public towards their current painful long wait times and seek immediate solution.

Will The US Lawmakers Act Before It Is Too Late?

The question here really is that will the US lawmakers and the immigration bureaucracy pay attention to their demands of a fair treatment or will they wait until it is too late? According to a recently published study by researchers from Harvard, Duke and New York universities, if steps to alleviate the backlog of green cards are not taken soon , the US faces a very real prospect of "reverse brain-drain". This report can be found at http://www.kauffman.org/immigration.

According to the report, there are over 1 million foreign nationals stuck in the backlog for green cards and the wait in the number of years can be 6-8 years. These are the professionals who are highly sought after by other countries and by their own home countries. In 2006, 24.2% of US patents were filed by foreign nationals, despite the fact that only about 140,000 green cards are given to skilled professionals, out of a total of approximately 1.2 million green cards awarded per year. The current backlog and the lack of concern shown by the US Congress towards skilled, legal professionals is disheartening because these professionals played by the rules, entered this country legally, have used the most productive years of their lives in enriching this country and yet, the entire immigration process is hopelessly mired in inefficiencies, lack of transparency and mind-boggling delays.
Contact

This rally is being organized by Immigration Voice, an advocacy group representing skilled, legal professionals from all countries in the US. For more information contact:

Immigration Voice

PO Box 114
Dayton
New Jersey -08810
Telephone: (850) 391-4966
Email: info@ immigrationvoice.org

=======================
Hi All,

This is a suggestion that came from the Tysons corner(VA) meeting today regarding creating awareness about the rally and inviting more people to it.

Most of us might have used the lawyers/legal firms at some point of time. Each of us can request their lawyers/legal firms to put information about the rally in their websites and if possible to send a mail to all their clients regarding the Sept Rally. There will be more impact on the lawyers/legal firms if each of us request them regarding this, instead of the IV forum contacting them.

So its beneficial if each of us request lawyers/legal firms to
a) put the information regarding the IV rally in the website
b) if possible send an email to all their clients about the rally.

Also it will be good to post all/ important legal firms/lawyers'
a)names
b)website
c)email ids
d)phone number
in this thread. This will make it easy for us to send an email to respective legal firms/lawyers.

( Moderators : pls make sure that there is no duplicate entry for the legal firms/lawyers)

Here is a sample request letter Provided by one of our member

Subj: Immigration Voice Peaceful Rally in Washington DC on Sept 2007 :

Hello Lawyer Name/Legal firm,

My name is _________________ and I am a client of your law firm. I thank you for the services you have offered to me and the immigrant community.

Immigration Voice, a voluntary organization of skilled legal immigrants is organizing a peaceful protest ( rally ) in Washington DC on September 18th . This rally is to protest the congressional inaction on the issue of visa backlogs in Employment based immigration category and request congress to take long overdue action on this issue.

Here is the key points regarding the Sept 18th Rally. In order to make sure all the legal immigrants are aware about this rally and participate in the rally can you provide the information about the rally on your website through a hyper link and by mentioning this in your email / news letter to your clients.

For more information about this rally please visit http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php

Thank You & Have a Nice Day

Name __________________

Legal Firms/Lawyers

1. name: Law Offices Of Rajiv S. Khanna
emails:
phone number:703-908-4800

2 name: Murthy Law Firm
emails: law@murthy.com
phone number: 410-356-5440 (Already listed in there website. A big thank U )

3. name: Gonzalez & Harris
emails: mail@gh-ins.com , Mail@josiegonzalez.com (pls confirm this email id)
phone number: 626-229-9806

4. name:Law Offices of Amarnath Gowda
emails:info@gowda.com
phone number:248-932-0630

5. name: Morgan lewis
emails:
phone number:

6. name: Law Offices of James D. Eiss
emails:info@usvisahelp.com
phone number:716-633-9300

7. name: Papas and Lenzo
emails:info@pappas-lenzo.com
phone number:617-742-0080

8 name: The Law Offices of Carl Shusterman
emails:
phone number:213-623-4592 (Already listed in there website. A big thank U )

9. name: Minnesota Lawyers
emails:maury@beaulier.com
phone number

10. name: The Fleischer Law Firm LLC
emails:info@immigrate2usa.com
phone number 513.977.4209

11 name: American Immigration Lawyers Association
emails:advocacy@aila.org
phone number 513.977.4209

12 name: American Immigration Network
emails:john.dorer@usavisanow.com
phone number 888-645-6272

13 name: Law offices of Kavitha Ramasami
emails: paritylegal@gmail.com
phone:213 291 0836

14 name: International Legal and Trade Consultants
email ids: info@iltc.com
phone number 212-629-9400

15 name: Law Offices of Prashanthi Reddy, PLLC
email id: prashanthi@reddyesq.com
phone number :212-354-1010

16 name: Quan Berdette and Perez
email id: njabbar@quanlaw.com
phone number: 713-625-9200

17 name:Law: Cyrus Mehta & Associates, PLLC
email id: info@cyrusmehta.com.
phone number :212-425-0555

18 name: Braverman & Lin, P.C.
email id: info@ocho.com
phone number :703.243.1474

19 name: Priceton Law Group
email id: http://www.princetonlawgroup.com/contact.htm
phone number :609-620-0949

20 name: Stephen Jeffries and Associates
email id: sjeffries@jeffries-law.com
phone number :212-764-4222

21 name:Fragomen Del Rey Bernsen & Loewy LLP
email id: Bostoninfo@fragomen.com
phone number :617 574 0400

22 name: Siskind Susser
email id: atlanta@visalaw.com
phone number :770-913-0800

23 name: Fakhoury Law Group, PC
email id: info@employmentimmigration.com
phone number :248-643-4900

Thank U all. Keep on sending mails to the legal firms/lawyers and lets involve them also.

Last edited by pappu; 08-24-2007 at 02:00 PM. Reason: updating legal firms /lawyers contacts
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2007, 12:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all
Default Already sent my lawyer an email

Law firm : Gonzalez & Harris
Lawyer : Joise Gonzalez
URL : www.josiegonzalez.com

Old 08-19-2007, 12:51 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

This is actually an action item we have been discussing for the upcoming week. Good you brought it up.

- We need a letter template drafted from a volunteer member. This letter with a cover note will be sent to all immigration law offices across the country requesting them to forward it to all their clients. On IV we will acknowledge such help from any law office and will post a list of such lawyers who are helping us for the rally.

All members are requested to be ready for this action item. We need a letter template and a cover letter draft from a member first.

Any volunteers?

Old 08-19-2007, 01:52 AM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2008
Compare
ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts
Default another attorney web address

Name : Morgan lewis

Name : Fragoman
Web address : don't know

Old 08-19-2007, 01:53 AM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2008
Compare
ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts
Default attorney name and address

Name : Law offices of amarnath gowda
web address:www.gowda.com

Old 08-19-2007, 01:56 AM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2008
Compare
Default Attorney address

Name :Bharati Shah Attorney at Law Attorneys Placentia CALIFORNIA
webaddress : dont know

Old 08-19-2007, 02:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
Nagireddi is on a distinguished road
Default Another address

My lawyer is Mr.James D. Eiss
Web address: www.usvisahelp.com
Very nice professional attorney.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
53885 is just really nice 53885 is just really nice 53885 is just really nice 53885 is just really nice

I sent a note about rally to my lawyer on Friday afternoon.

Posted message on

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=149697

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=149701

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshalex View Post
Hi All,

This is a suggestion that came from the Tysons corner(VA) meeting today regarding creating awareness about the rally and inviting more people to it.

Most of us might have used the lawyers/legal firms at some point of time. Each of us can request their lawyers/legal firms to put information about the rally in their websites and if possible to send a mail to all their clients regarding the Sept Rally. There will be more impact on the lawyers/legal firms if each of us request them regarding this, instead of the IV forum contacting them.

So its beneficial if each of us request lawyers/legal firms to
a) put the information regarding the IV rally in the website
b) if possible send an email to all their clients about the rally.

Also it will be good to post all/ important legal firms/lawyers'
a)names
b)website
c)email ids
d)phone number
in this thread. This will make it easy for us to send an email to respective legal firms/lawyers.

( Moderators : pls make sure that there is no duplicate entry for the legal firms/lawyers)

Rajesh Alex
* IV is the platform for doers, not a hangout place for sufferers!
* Whiners, earn your GC; Don't expect IV to spoon feed you!

Old 08-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajeshalex is infamous around these parts rajeshalex is infamous around these parts rajeshalex is infamous around these parts rajeshalex is infamous around these parts

I will write a cover letter/detailed one

Old 08-19-2007, 11:20 AM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2008
Compare
Default attorny Gowda more details

Name: Law offices of Amarnath Gowda
Address: www.gowda.com

timings: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., EST.

E-Mail: info@gowda.com

Phone: (248) - 932 - 0630

Fax: (248) - 932 - 1909

Address:
31275 Suite #140
Woodcreek Officenter, Northwestern Hwy
Farmington Hills, MI-48334, USA

Old 08-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53885 View Post
I sent a note about rally to my lawyer on Friday afternoon.

Posted message on

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=149697

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=149701
Thanks this is what everyone should do.
Pls mail your lawyer and then post on this thread that you have mailed them. We need to reach every immigrationlawyer in this country.

If you know of a site where we can get contact of every immigration lawfirm with their contact, post it here. You can also volunteer to write to all these lawfirms. If you want to take ownership of this task pls post on this thread.

Last edited by pappu; 08-19-2007 at 12:05 PM.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Email Template :

Subj: Immigration Voice Peaceful Rally in Washington DC on Sept 2007 :

Hello Lawyer Name/Legal firm,

My name is _________________ and I am a client of you. Thank you for the service given to me and to all the legal immigrants.

Immigration Voice, a voluntary organization of legal immigrants has planned to have a peaceful protest rally in Washington DC on September 18th . This rally is to protest the congressional inaction on issue of visa backlogs in high-skills immigration and to ask congress to take long overdue action on this issue.

Here is the key points regarding the Sept 18th Rally. In order to make sure all the legal immigrants are aware about this rally and participate in the rally could you put the information about the rally in your website and also send an email to your clients.

For more information about this rally please visit http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php

Thank You & Have a Nice Day

Name __________________

[ can some one review the above and if its fine , moderators pls move this to the second in the thread ]

Last edited by nixstor; 08-19-2007 at 01:00 PM.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold

sent email about rally to my attorney

Old 08-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

Rajesh,

Thanks for your efforts on this and taking the lead. Please compile the list of lawyers from the thread so that IV can address all of them as soon as we reach a good number.

Members,

Please request your lawyers to support this effort. Every email your lawyers office receive will help us reaching all his clients.

Thanks

Last edited by nixstor; 08-19-2007 at 01:07 PM.

Old 08-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold
Default ^

bump