Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing Travel out of country and re-entry after 485 filing. Various options of travelling and issues that need to be taken care of while filing and after filing 485.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:37 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Mahatma has a brilliant future Mahatma has a brilliant future Mahatma has a brilliant future Mahatma has a brilliant future Mahatma has a brilliant future Mahatma has a brilliant future Mahatma has a brilliant future Mahatma has a brilliant future Mahatma has a brilliant future Mahatma has a brilliant future Mahatma has a brilliant future
Default H1 stamping, could something be done about it through IV

One of the most drastic changes current administration undertook was H1 stamping needed to be done out of the country. Main reason for this was independent verification of status, antecedent and other important immigration (national security interest) related issues (more perception and less reality which could not be changed). Now new Biometric system would become effective (biometric entry exit procedures). This should address main requirement of H1 stamping, visa revalidation etc. right here in the US. Travel abroad is always stressful, unprediactable and puts lot of professionals in hardship and financial strain.

Is it possible to examine this issue by IVians and see if this could be pursued. what is the merit of such idea, how far we could push it and what could be the benefit? If it is worth a risk, why not plead for it?

I could be wrong nevertheless I wanted others to critique this.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-02-2008, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default visa validation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatma View Post
One of the most drastic changes current administration undertook was H1 stamping needed to be done out of the country. Main reason for this was independent verification of status, antecedent and other important immigration (national security interest) related issues (more perception and less reality which could not be changed). Now new Biometric system would become effective (biometric entry exit procedures). This should address main requirement of H1 stamping, visa revalidation etc. right here in the US. Travel abroad is always stressful, unprediactable and puts lot of professionals in hardship and financial strain.

Is it possible to examine this issue by IVians and see if this could be pursued. what is the merit of such idea, how far we could push it and what could be the benefit? If it is worth a risk, why not plead for it?

I could be wrong nevertheless I wanted others to critique this.

we have pursued this issue and we continue to push for it.
it is part of the administrative changes campaign.

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 08-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sandy_77 will become famous soon enough
Default looks like a lost cause

Challenging the "imaginary" national security concerns of an average american is a lost cause from the start. Since national security concerns of the US govt. are classified, they cannot be challenged. There are hundreds (may be thousands) of candidates stuck at various american consulates abroad, trying to get their visas stamped. Average delays now for people who get stuck due to the "imaginary" security concerns of the US Administration (of course without explanation or apology before or after issuance of visa) is about 8 months. I am still stuck (for about 6 months now) due to this problem and there are many more people at various US consulates across south asia (in particular). All of us have tried every possible method to expedite our cases and of course no body knows why we are stuck in this mess in the first place and every time we try to ask this question to the DOS/consulate, we get only one answer...cannot be revealed (due to national security). Most of us would have lost our jobs by the time we get the visa stamp and of course all our belongings in US would be either sold (distress sales) or disposed off or donated (I am in this stage now). Most of the guys are also in their visa renewal stage so you can imagine how they feel when their homes/apartment furnishings are put on sale and when their well settled families are uprooted due to this mindless irrational fear of the "unknown" of the US govt. So guys I think there is no solution to this problem because we are asking the US govt to stop fearing the unknown and we all know how they like to be in control of everything including their future. I think only one last option is left and that is of a lawsuit against the govt. I think the courts will be able to understand that harassing an ordinary human being is no way of protecting the country (waiting in a queue at the airport is one thing but forcing people to not return to their job and life in US when there is no evidence, circumstantial or otherwise, is bizzare and beyond reason). An average person does not stop going out of their homes because he/she does not know what they are going to face outside but this logic is beyond the US govt's myopic thinking process.