Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

Yes three cheers for everyone in the list, please leave me out because I was just having a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdakwala View Post
Everyone please three cheers for these girls.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp! View Post
IV had brought in hundreds of T - shirts to hand out. We were giving them out to everyone with a request to contribute on the web site. When we were out,
one of our volunteers, Kaushal, I think (don't know iv handle), he took out his own IV tshirt and gave it away!!

Another thing, I want to thank all the volunteer(s) who were asked to stay back to take care of the origin point and couldn't march in the rally.
---
Do you know who it was? If Kaushal is reading this, please PM me. IV would like to reward this generous gesture. We would like to send you an IV t-shirt.

As an anecdote: It took six volunteers to bring all the T-shirts to the venue.
A lot of heavy duty weightlifting at the airport check ins. A lot of labor went into all this. People who got a T-shirt, please contribute to IV to cover the cost of the T-shirts.

I remember, JazzByThe Bay missed the Monday reception because of change in plans by some volunteer who was suppose to pick him up at the Dulles airport. Jazz, who flew from California, brought the heavy T-shirt box along with his own luggage right to the Capital building. I was really surprised when he didn't complain about missing the dinner but was more concerned about the timely delivery of T-shirts. Our work is made easy by such dedicated members

cheers!

Old 09-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/14/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold
Default I'll never forget the interview call that Pappu received!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikondoji View Post
I and manish flew monday morning sept 17th on a short notice to attend 11:30AM appointment and then again at 3:30 PM with nagaraj.
We had 2 more appointments on 18th with NH senators.
All the meetings were great and one them exceeded 30 minute schedule to 50 minutes.

It was great to meet all the members like aman, jay, paskal, kanika, meenal, nagaraj, pappu, gopal etc.

Paskal: Where is my beer?
Gopal: "Don't shoot the messenger" in the situation room.
jay: Speech pointing fingure to capitol hill behind him. "We are here on offence".
Mike: Step1 to step 5 entertainment

These are some, but not all, of the memorable things in DC.

I really had to mention pappu seperately.
He is a dedicated person to this cause and needs special mention. I really enjoyed his company in the bus on our return journey to NH. We shooted all possible questions and got convincing answers.

Thanks again for the wonderful experience.
It was a true vacation.
Folks if you want to know how to handle an interview... learn it from Pappu!! He was smooth (read slippery) as... soap?... hell anything that is smooth

Pappu... any training you can give me?

I may even be able to pay you... once you get your EAD!

Last edited by dtekkedil; 09-20-2007 at 06:47 PM.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/14/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold
Default Gurudwara

We reached the gurudwara at 4:30 AM only to find that the building said "Catholic Church". Since it was a pretty large compound we thought that the gurudwara might be one of the buildings in the compound or shared by the Catholic Church. So we waited for the gurudwara manager to arrive.

After about 20 mins, I got a call from the manager asking us where we were. I told him that we were at the parking lot. He sounded surprised and that's when I realized that there was something wrong. I asked him for the address and it turned out to be 3801 instead of 3810 (where we had parked). Lucky for us it was just across the street!

The manager was very helpful. He even prepared tea and got us donuts while we freshened up! Not just that; he woke up at 4:30 AM and drove to DC from Virginia to open the gurudwara for us!

After going through our daily lives, we tend to forget that there are such nice people in the world!

Old 09-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by paskal View Post

as for logiclife...he has had "enough of flowery protests"...i'll leave the rest to your imagination
I am actually very dissappointed with myself. In the post rally MC fluster, I had made a mental note to introduce Logiclife and then give him a flower. But I hear he strongly opposes measures such as this

I had also promised to get Macaca on the stage and write with colorful Sharpies on his forehead.

Its probably best I forgot both...

Got Green but still working at IV

Old 09-20-2007, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin View Post
I am actually very dissappointed with myself. In the post rally MC fluster, I had made a mental note to introduce Logiclife and then give him a flower. But I hear he strongly opposes measures such as this

I had also promised to get Macaca on the stage and write with colorful Sharpies on his forehead.

Its probably best I forgot both...
Yes, Logiclife is a bit touchy about the flower issue. But its all good

Old 09-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flowers to Logiclife

Now, I see this trend - needhelp, tamsen and so many girls giving flowers to logiclife ............. and logiclife not accepting them .......

I think the issue here is, logiclife is flooded with these requests and has retrogressed accepting flowers - he will be announcing priority dates soon - and probably per country limits also. So please keep cjecking the special bulletin logiclife will release every month

Old 09-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of

I've just had an idea... Let's create an Urgent Action Item to send bouquets to Logiclife

Got Green but still working at IV

Old 09-20-2007, 09:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin View Post
I've just had an idea... Let's create an Urgent Action Item to send bouquets to Logiclife

followed by a rally so that he reverses his decision

Old 09-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsc999 View Post
Can you PM me the story behind that. Or else...

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 09-20-2007, 09:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsc999
Quote:
Can you PM me the story behind that. Or else...
No PM please

This has to be discussed in the public forum.

gsc999 - U will have to let us know - or else u wont be sapred

"LOGICLIFE BEING TOUCHY WITH FLOWER ISSUE"

Old 09-20-2007, 09:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future
Default I remember...

I came to the congressional reception early with all the name tags and some one asked me what is in the box, I TOLD them what is your name I got the GC for you

It was great to meet each and everyone of you... had so much fun and a big shout out to the Marshals, I kept finding Marshals in the rally pics but since we were at the periphery we were not in pics... but the rally was contained and safe thats the good part, hope it went well at the end, sorry I had to leave to catch a flight back to SJ

-Arc

Old 09-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future
Default Sukh Praaji

We should tell Sukh Praaji to deliver u-haul full of flowers to logiclife

Sukh - great job man, as promised we reached before you did... you really did a great job hauling the banners, water, flowers, flags. Tu-Si-great ho... praa.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Now who is Sukh Praaji ??? Can someone elaborate on this character?

Old 09-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Successful graduate of the "Lets Partner to..." thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitp View Post
There are just too many fond memories to share in one post... but I do want to specially thank leo2606 who drove 70 miles to pick up myself, venkygct, vsraja and punjabi at the Dulles airport and then took us out for breakfast, then to the rally venue, then for lunch, finally to a hotel room we had booked for a quick shower, basically... like a shadow he was with us wherever we wanted to go! And... whenever we thanked him (and gdhiren who co-ordinated pickups/dropoffs for many ....
A Special thanks to the Lets Partner to Increase Thread. I am proud to say that I am a successful graduate of that thread. Three members including Abhijit found sponsors for my ticket and thats how I was able to represent Texas in the DC Rally.

I did not realize that our guitarist was Abhijit. Abhijit, I did greet you while you were walking towards the registration booth in the morning. Had I knew that it was you, I would have thanked you there itself!

Participated in Advocacy Day - April 2011
Participated in DC Rally - Sept 2007
Texas State Chapter - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/texasiv