Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 04-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ns007 is on a distinguished road

It's rating game. Fox is beating CNN by a wide margin - Fox plays to the conservative base. 13 out of the top 15 cable news programs are at Fox network; rest of the 2 are on CNN - one is Larry King live at #7 (genuine quality program) and guess what, the other program is Lou Dobbs Tonight at #15.

Lou knows that he will attract the "conservative" crowd as long as he keeps harping about the immigration issue. He does not want this issue to die. As a journalist he is mediocre at best. CNN has no choice but to keep him to get the ratings.

Last edited by ns007; 04-25-2007 at 12:25 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default All that is irrelevant

Lou Dobbs rant about 11 million illegals and all that is irrelevant.

Read this poll:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...s_N.htm?csp=34

Basically, Bill O'Reilly, Lou Dobbs, NumbersUSA etc have had years to change public opinion, but the public is not stupid and 78% of them disagree with Dobbs and O'Reilly.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lou Dobbs on immigration

Not a day goes by when he does not hammer H1b Visas the skil bill . He gets some guys from programmers guild and hammers the SKIL act on a daily basis. I have also seen that even when the reporters or guest's opinion us neutral or positive towards H1B he influences them to get a negative opinion out of them. He can be compared to Anna Nicole Smith or Rosie O' Donnell who just tries to be sensational even if it means lying balatantly and talking nonsense. On first glance the name programmers guild ounbds like they would have some programming and HiTech related questions on their website , but all they have is antiimmigrant hatred and Lou Dobbs endoses these guys . I also found that guy to question the firing of Don Imus because of his racist remarks , he just stops of making any commets of that sort but he thinks in the same way .I just cannot stop wondering how CNN endorses this guy ? CNN is at risk of losing viewship is this guy does not stop his lies .

Old 04-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife
Lou Dobbs rant about 11 million illegals and all that is irrelevant.

Read this poll:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...s_N.htm?csp=34

Basically, Bill O'Reilly, Lou Dobbs, NumbersUSA etc have had years to change public opinion, but the public is not stupid and 78% of them disagree with Dobbs and O'Reilly.
So looks like their programmes are just comedy programmes and stress reliever programmes. Lou is a comedian and this is different type of comedy. Just like Black comedy, Asian comedy or spoof comedy, this is Lou comedy. New type of comedy.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23
So looks like their programmes are just comedy programmes and stress reliever programmes. Lou is a comedian and this is different type of comedy. Just like Black comedy, Asian comedy or spoof comedy, this is Lou comedy. New type of comedy.
The only problem is, Lou comedy is not funny or entertaining. There will soon be a time to wipe off this Loo shit with "a of toilet paper", only for the sake of Sheryl Crow.

Last edited by sanju; 04-25-2007 at 01:05 PM.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju
The only problem is, Lou comedy is not funny or entertaining. There will soon be a time to wipe off this Loo shit with "a of toilet paper", only for the sake of Sheryl Crow.
Lets use the term "LOO COMEDY" from now

Old 04-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of
Default what lou wants?

Guys i don't understand what he wants .please watch this clip from yesterdays show.first he is against H1b visa now he question the random selection process.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW-mNolbdik
and i am sure he will again cry if some big company in future outsource jobs to india because of insufficient H1b numbers.
Filed Labor first time in Jan 2001(EB2) but dot com bubble destroyed it.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3India is on a distinguished road

Lou is one of those person who takes advantage of current problems and promotes his own hidden agenda, which is protectionist and very close to communist, he is very articulate so common people (who forms most of his fan base) does not understand very easily,

First He is highlighting how Americans are losing jobs with outsourcing but he failed to address UnEmployement rate is down to record low ( I guess 4.8%)

He also portraits a picture thru his contineous broadcastig of Indian call centers and few mexicans hoping border and try to blame them all the issues in manufacturing outsourcing, This is what concerns me most as he does this everyday he is spreading haterd among many innocent Middle Class Americans,

This is the precise stratergy used by Hitler as he promoted hatered, He made to belive that all economic issues of Germany was because of Jews and rest is history.

America is now at very important cross-road in post 9-11 world, guys like Lou are standing on those 3000 victims grave and promoting thier own agenda

Old 04-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinmuck is infamous around these parts
Default Food for thought

I am not a huge Lou Dobbs fan but let's be objective. Are we sure that each and every H1B that is alloted to a non-American is only because there is no resource available or does it indeed displace a qualified American worker?
Guys, look at it from the local people's perspective as well. How would you feel if someone came to your country and displaced you just because they were cheaper? I surely hope I myself haven't displaced anyone and have only been offered a job here because I was the qualified one and not because I was cheap.

Just food for thought. Also, with respect to the article which started the thread, Lou Dobbs is clearly against 'illegal' immigration, where do you see him speaking against 'legal' immigration.

In addition, let's not become petty like Lou Dobbs and call him names like in some of the posts here. Why not counter this in a dignified and mature manner? Does this reflect our culture? We are playing into his hands.

Last edited by stuckinmuck; 04-25-2007 at 03:06 PM.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3India is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinmuck
I am not a huge Lou Dobbs fan but let's be objective. Are we sure that each and every H1B that is alloted to a non-American is only because there is no resource available or does it indeed displace a qualified American worker?
Guys, look at it from the local people's perspective as well. How would you feel if someone came to your country and displaced you just because they were cheaper? I surely hope I myself haven't displaced anyone and have only been offered a job here because I was the qualified one and not because I was cheap.

Just food for thought. Also, with respect to the article which started the thread, Lou Dobbs is clearly against 'illegal' immigration, where do you see him speaking against 'legal' immigration.

In addition, let's not become petty like Lou Dobbs and call him names like in some of the posts here. Why not counter this in a dignified and mature manner? Does this reflect our culture? We are playing into his hands.
My friend I am pretty sure you have not listened to this guy for a while, I have been following this guy for over two years now, initially I use to have same feeling that you did to be frank thatz exactly what he wants eveybody to think of himself.

But if you listen to him atleast for a month you will come to know that he oversimplifies every issue and he is against any kind immigration legal or illegal, he targets illegals more often as they are easy targets.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Big companies are planning to outsource in a big way

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmohan
if some big company in future outsource jobs to india because of insufficient H1b numbers.

I was talking to a couple of techie friends over the week end. What they say is that the technical managers here are already warned that there would be huge shortage of tech talent by the year end. Due to the obviously precarious situation of long delays in legal immigration, insufficient H1Bs etc. I guess, Bill Gates was also talking in the same lines during his Senate hearing.

Apparently NumbersUSA, ProgrammersGuild etc. are only looking at the short term interests of their members. But they sure are causing a huge damage to the US' tech edge.

When they shut down legal immigration of tech workers, the salary would skyrocket; for a short time. Then the companies would realize that they can get even a better job done at Bangalore at much reasonable costs and they would take the jobs to Bangalore.

Cheers,
h1techSlave

Old 04-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:

Lou has an agenda. He points at flaws of the H1b program, not to correct the program but to destroy it. His agenda is protectionistic. If not for the reasons he sites, if there are any other reason he wants to site, he will.

He shows visuals of Indians working in big groups on computers which will create an impact on an average American who thinks Indians and H1b program is the root cause of their issues.

Offcourse there are issues and a lot of h1b visas do get abused or misused or do not get distributed in a streamlined manner. But then, it is a flaw in the administration where they come up with all kinds of h1b visa advance booking lottery rules. In real practical world, a google or a Emory cannot hire a genuine foreign worker by lottery and advance booking mechanisms. Advance reservation can be done only by consulting companies whose primary business is to cater to industry needs and their business model revolves around consulting business. Many of the family based folks use the h1b route to bring people who apply through family and have to wait because of severe retrogression for family based. The fact that h1b visa is used for academic occupations and a wide variety of occupations make it impossible for these institutions to hire a foreign worker.
If microsofts or googles can eventually fill spots by hiring the h1b contractors from consulting companies at a premium, it is not possible with a lot of other occupations like mechanical jobs, physicians etc....

One has to definitely look into how administration deals with issues rather than supporting this guy who has a different agenda.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who moved my Cheese?

[quote=stuckinmuck]I am not a huge Lou Dobbs fan but let's be objective. Are we sure that each and every H1B that is alloted to a non-American is only because there is no resource available or does it indeed displace a qualified American worker?
Yes, there are exhaustive procedures in place to do exactly that. The question is other way around. Lets not be Jingoistic about this issue. Read National Academy of Sciences recommendations.

Guys, look at it from the local people's perspective as well. How would you feel if someone came to your country and displaced you just because they were cheaper? I surely hope I myself haven't displaced anyone and have only been offered a job here because I was the qualified one and not because I was cheap. As you said, lets be objective. The H1-Bs gets prevailing wages. Lets not make a baseless statement. You showcase your ignorance of prevaling laws and procedure by making that statement.

Just food for thought. Also, with respect to the article which started the thread, Lou Dobbs is clearly against 'illegal' immigration, where do you see him speaking against 'legal' immigration. During 2004, out of one million legal immigrants only 16% were employment based. If Lou Supports family based immigration that is fine but that is short-sighted strategy and not in best interest of American competitiveness. Employment based immigration is not the problem, we are the solution to a big looming question of sustained American competitiveness in the 21st century. Lou attacks H1B visas which s the 1st step for legal employment based immigration. No H1-B mean no legal employment based immigration, this is really simple, lets not be niave about this.

In addition, let's not become petty like Lou Dobbs and call him names like in some of the posts here. Why not counter this in a dignified and mature manner? Does this reflect our culture? We are playing into his hands. Petty, name calling....hmmm. Jeez doesn't that remind me of Lou himself. He is a balant lier. He says H1-B don't pay taxes. Anyone suggesting tolerance to such fraud is smoking dope for breakfast.

Last edited by gsc999; 04-25-2007 at 03:27 PM.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
pkv is a jewel in the rough pkv is a jewel in the rough pkv is a jewel in the rough
Default Its capitalism and globalism.. try to use same scale for everything

Offcourse there are H1B abuses, but it all comes in package. US is technically more advanced in most sectors including IT and medical.. Don't you think H1B visas or similar things helped in this. Don't you see so many immigrants being awarded for their work in their field, which obviously helped US.

and you are talking about loocal people perspective, what would we think if it happens to us in our home country????
We have seen it and seeing it more now... May not be in jobs but in other sectors. Its capitalism.. and its promoted by US. So many small business in countries like India, china are loosing to big corporations of US in their home country. and these big corporates does not necessarily have better products. So why are they displacing better products of local small players. don't they abuse?? Its globalisation and capitalism, on which US companies and poeple enjoyed for decades.. now why can't others enjoy?? and incidently that is not hurting them its helping this country in the same way other countries are being helped by big corps taking on their local companies. I am not saying that coming of global companies in those countries bad..Its definitely a development but its also hurts a group of poeple.

Isn't brain drain a bad thing for other countries.. some of theose patents and technical advances could be in other countries, but poeple came here and it helped US. Now when it starts hurting a small group of poeple.. It started paining!!! weired!!!!

In short, There are lots of benefits of legal immigration to this country, even though there are some cases of abuses of this. No system is complete foolproof, people find ways to get around.. so is this one.. Even if they change process there will be a new loophole tommorow.

Quote:

Old 04-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts

Still it is a bad idea to post bad words in the forum like this. Members of IV are highly educated people and have to face the issues with facts not attacking a single person. Though he may be creating big fuss there is some problem in H1b program. There is lot of loopholes for abuse. Those should be filled.

It is the fact that anti immigrants find the facts that suits to them. Similarly we are telling facts that suits to us. That is the way lobbying works. There is some truth in both sides. If H1b program is doing in right way and has merrit to increase why Cap could not be raised for more than 3 years? Is it because of Lou Dobbs, numbersusa or other antiimmigrants? Not at all. Some points raised by them are genuine. If those points will be addressed then they cannot oppose that much to H1b program. Basically lot of US citizens are scared of losing their jobs because of H1 programmers. Some protections are there but those are not implemented especially when slow down happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3India
My friend I am pretty sure you have not listened to this guy for a while, I have been following this guy for over two years now, initially I use to have same feeling that you did to be frank thatz exactly what he wants eveybody to think of himself.

But if you listen to him atleast for a month you will come to know that he oversimplifies every issue and he is against any kind immigration legal or illegal, he targets illegals more often as they are easy targets.