Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 03-30-2007, 10:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3India is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirish
I think what he is counting is the number of adminssions based on number of I-94s issues. So if i leave US 3 times in a year i am counted three times. Then the 400k number would make sense,
are you kidding me, how can he count entry everytime some takes a bathroom break.

this figure is bloated, issue here is no one is there to question him
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/07/2004
Chargeability
:
Russia
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/07/2004
Compare
voldemar will become famous soon enough voldemar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabadaba
we need to start making fun you tube videos thats tell the truth
Like this?
LOU DOBBS, YOU'VE GOT SOME COMPETITION

Last edited by voldemar; 03-30-2007 at 11:01 AM.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light

yep

Old 03-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Niger
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gomirage has a spectacular aura about gomirage has a spectacular aura about gomirage has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by voldemar
lol, that was hilarious !

Old 04-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Anti Lou dobbs article on Businessweek

Finally,Businessweek columnist, who wrote book "Bangalore Tigers" declares open war against CNN's Lou Dobbs . Please comment on his blog.
http://www.businessweek.com/globalbi..._on_lou_d.html
http://blogs.businessweek.com/mt/mt-...105.1412913107

April 03, 2007
My War on Lou Dobbs
Steve Hamm

It's true. I admit it. I harbor ill will towards Lou Dobbs, the bloviating CNN anchor. Every time I see him promoting himself as the hero of the American middleclass, I practically choke. While he may have some sincere concern for Americans who suffer the negative effects of globalization, he operates by exploiting hate and fear. In my book, that makes him dangerous--not just to the Latin Americans and Indians and other foreigners that he demonizes, but to the middleclass Americans whom he claims to care about.

This came up today because I made a speech about the rise of the Asian economies at a state university in New Jersey this morning, and one of the faculty members asked me if I think we're in for a wave of protectionism. I worry that we are. Dobbs’ scheme for building walls on our borders to keep out people from Mexico and the rest of Latin America are just plain crazy. And the fact that nobody seems to be calling them crazy is even crazier.

Here we are locked in two wars in the Middle East, and the Bush administration seems intent on starting another one, and Dobbs and his allies decide that the big threat to our society is brown people sneaking into our country to mow our lawns and take care of our children.

My big concern is that a number of politicians, Republican and Democrat, will decide that the Dobbsian platform is one they should run on. And, if they win, we’ll have all sorts of new knee-jerk protectionist policies designed to pander to a fearful middleclass rather than promoting a rational and well-balanced globalization policy.

Besides, it seems to me the American middleclass is pretty well off. It’s the workingclass and poor who have plenty to complain about. We’d all be better off if the Congress would forget about the phony crisis of immigration and concentrate on doing things that improve the health, education, and job opportunities for America’s less fortunate masses. That would be a worthy cause for Dobbs to get behind, too.

05:05 PM

Old 04-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikki76
Finally,Businessweek columnist, who wrote book "Bangalore Tigers" declares open war against CNN's Lou Dobbs . Please comment on his blog.

April 03, 2007
My War on Lou Dobbs
Steve Hamm

It's true. I admit it. I harbor ill will towards Lou Dobbs, the bloviating CNN anchor. Every time I see him promoting himself as the hero of the American middleclass, I practically choke. While he may have some sincere concern for Americans who suffer the negative effects of globalization, he operates by exploiting hate and fear. In my book, that makes him dangerous--not just to the Latin Americans and Indians and other foreigners that he demonizes, but to the middleclass Americans whom he claims to care about.

This came up today because I made a speech about the rise of the Asian economies at a state university in New Jersey this morning, and one of the faculty members asked me if I think we're in for a wave of protectionism. I worry that we are. Dobbs’ scheme for building walls on our borders to keep out people from Mexico and the rest of Latin America are just plain crazy. And the fact that nobody seems to be calling them crazy is even crazier.

Here we are locked in two wars in the Middle East, and the Bush administration seems intent on starting another one, and Dobbs and his allies decide that the big threat to our society is brown people sneaking into our country to mow our lawns and take care of our children.

My big concern is that a number of politicians, Republican and Democrat, will decide that the Dobbsian platform is one they should run on. And, if they win, we’ll have all sorts of new knee-jerk protectionist policies designed to pander to a fearful middleclass rather than promoting a rational and well-balanced globalization policy.

Besides, it seems to me the American middleclass is pretty well off. It’s the workingclass and poor who have plenty to complain about. We’d all be better off if the Congress would forget about the phony crisis of immigration and concentrate on doing things that improve the health, education, and job opportunities for America’s less fortunate masses. That would be a worthy cause for Dobbs to get behind, too.

Nothing wrong if majority of citizens favor protectionist policy they go for it.
thats what democracy is all about

Old 04-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3India is on a distinguished road

did you see the comments for that blog, I am really supriced and scared to see how common Americans are falling on to Lou's trap, he is just using present situation (post 9/11,Iraq war, softing economy) and provking americans against Mexians, Indians and chines

Itz really a scary trend

Old 04-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice

Loony Loo....need I say more

Old 04-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
kumar_77 has a spectacular aura about kumar_77 has a spectacular aura about
Default hello guys..

Check this site

http://www.businessandmedia.org/spec...obbs/dobbs.asp

Old 04-05-2007, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Please don't post duplicate news urls

Quote:

--
Vikki,

Please look around the forum before rushing to post news url. This story has already been posted 8 hours before you did.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3905

Old 04-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of

Quote:

April 03, 2007
My War on Lou Dobbs
Steve Hamm

Good article. This guy has guts.

Old 04-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of
Default RE:lease don't post duplicate news urls

Yea-you are right. I did miss it.
I had checked news thread article, and didn't find this newsitem.
Don't you think title "anti lou dobbs article on businessweek" is better title than "little bit of insanity".

Old 04-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute
Default Foxy Boxing: Geraldo vs. O'Reilly

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...ps-oreilly.php

Old 04-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
ksach is on a distinguished road
Default Don Imus and Lou Dobbs

Is there a similarality between the Don Imus controversy and the ranting on CNN by our beloved Lou Dobbs ? There is lot of coverage on what the media companies let their hosts to get away with, as long as they rake in the money.

Lou Dobbs has managed to turn many americans into anti-mexicans and anti-indians, all under the cover of being anti-immigrant. One should visit some of the anti-immigrant sites to see the kind of violent talk targeted towards non-americans. There was one I saw saying that all immigrants- legal and illegal should be lined up and shot. I am very scared that things are turning against culturally different, coloured immigrants. Even legal immigrants with GC and citizenship should be worried with these turn of events. Unfortunately they dont seem to care. They think that getting a GC has ended all their woes and they are accepted into this great country. How wrong they are!!!

It is very easy to spread phobia under the pretext of reporting news. You just need to bombard people with repeated sights of one type of people doing something others consider evil and people will slowly start stereotyping those type of people as evil.

Its like the cops show always showing the african-american breaking the law. One sees something like this everyday and before long, it is easy to start thinking that african-americans break the law.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lou Dobbs calls Indian companies "Son of a gun"

Check this youtube video. Lou Dobbs called the Indian companies "These sons of guns, we'll get them"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh6OLUPSHyE