Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 02-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Suggestion

I think we need to find out rival Anchor/Channel for Lou Doobs and inform him with all the facts.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2007, 02:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
indianindian2006 has a brilliant future indianindian2006 has a brilliant future indianindian2006 has a brilliant future indianindian2006 has a brilliant future indianindian2006 has a brilliant future indianindian2006 has a brilliant future indianindian2006 has a brilliant future indianindian2006 has a brilliant future indianindian2006 has a brilliant future indianindian2006 has a brilliant future indianindian2006 has a brilliant future
Default Four Myths about Immigration

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar_nyc
I think we need to find out rival Anchor/Channel for Lou Doobs and inform him with all the facts.
here is someone who gives the real picture.

http://www.tuftsobserver.org/news/20..._immigrat.html

Old 02-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rimzhim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianindian2006
here is someone who gives the real picture.

http://www.tuftsobserver.org/news/20..._immigrat.html
i doubt that this is the real picture. it is one opinion and full of nonsense. the article tries to defend illegal immigration. that kind of an attitude will never help us who are trying to immigrate legally. also just because legal immigration is a long and difficult process does not mean that it is okay to break the laws and become illegal. those who came here illegally could never have come legally on EB visas. so this kind of rubbish no one will buy.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future

As the Article says,Lou Dobb defends Legal Immigration in an Interview with Newsweek which is total Crap . He Attacked H1B Program on his Daily Show and the Guest was no Doubt Kim Berry to give his Input. These things make everyone laugh at Lou Dobbs , the Lofer.

Contributed : $225
Help IV to help yourself!!

EB2-India
Labor PD: 11/2005
I-140 AD: 07/2006
I-485 RD: 07/02/2007
I-485 AD: :8/4/2010
Card Received : 8/13/2010

Old 02-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
centaur is infamous around these parts centaur is infamous around these parts

Is this book available? maybe we can get a bunch of copies and send to some editors, John Stewart/Stephen Colbert and some legislators.

If the author is approachable, maybe an interview with him and some TV personality could be tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaca
Indian techie slams CNN Lou Dobbs!, N. Sivakumar, October 28, 2004

In a book titled "Dude, did I steal your job? Debugging Indian Computer programmers", the author, an Indian software engineer, has slammed Lou Dobbs of CNN for calling the foreign high-tech workers as non-tax payers, and humiliating the enormous contributions of foreign high-tech workforce to the American economy.

"Foreign high-tech workers who come here on H-1B / L1 visas pay every tax that U.S. citizens do, including Social Security and Medicare. But if they return to their homeland, then they will not get any benefits from these programs. The recent recession cost the United States more than half a million foreign high-tech workers who had to return home after paying all these taxes. In fact, Americans owe them money"

The author writes.

"The ignorance to mention the stupendous contributions of immigrant high-tech workers was the primary cause for the anti-Indian atmosphere which is seen among computer professionals lately. Unfortunately, neither the media nor the public understand the foreign high-tech workforce. The net result: those who supported the foreign high-tech worker programs have taken a back seat to play safe, and Indians and others who came here on visas, and worked their butts off to make this country prosper are named 'slaves', 'dummies', and 'enemies'. writes the author, N.Sivakumar.

The book also claims that bringing in foreign high-tech workforce at the right time was the primary reason for America's stupendous high-tech success, and gives statistics and evidence to prove that hadn't America acted quickly, the Europeans would have taken over the software dominance.

The book also outlines the life, struggle and achievements of Indian programmers in America with entertaining facts, and is a prime discussion topic in many anti-outsourcing and immigration websites lately.

Old 02-25-2007, 07:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
kinvin is on a distinguished road
Default Dobbs, Space.com

Lou Dobbs is the founder of the failed Space.com site. He might realize that he could not have even got the business started without Indian H1B's.

Had he run the business properly he would also have been a .com success story by now and would have been a key note speaker at Diwali and Navratri functions in NJ.

I am a .com success story because of you hard working H1Bs-------- Dobbs.

But now I make a living by bashing them.

Old 02-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
Ahimsa is on a distinguished road
Default Rating Lou

Of late, people started giving 5 star rating for Lou on RateItAll.
Please go to this site and rate him as you like.
http://www.rateitall.com/i-29533-lou-dobbs.aspx
I gave him a lowest single-star rating (terrible)

Old 02-25-2007, 08:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
kinvin is on a distinguished road
Default Space.com

Macaca,

Oh, I meant that, the quote is what Lou Dobbs would have said if Space.com would not have failed. Sorry about the confusion.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3India is on a distinguished road
Default Lou Dobbs claim 400K H1bs an year

I was watching Lou Dobbs yesterday he was discussing STRIVE act being introduced in house,

He pulled out a slide which says they bring 2 million legals every year and part of which said 400,000 H1Bs every year,

Where does he get this number when anual quota is only 65K, can some one verify this

Old 03-29-2007, 10:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3India
I was watching Lou Dobbs yesterday he was discussing STRIVE act being introduced in house,

He pulled out a slide which says they bring 2 million legals every year and part of which said 400,000 H1Bs every year,

Where does he get this number when anual quota is only 65K, can some one verify this
I have seen him do this earlier also. I think he adds the dependants too. So, what he is saying is that with every H-1B comes 5 or 6 dependants!!!!

Old 03-29-2007, 10:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light

nope... hes talking about entries into the US. Its a count of every person that turns in his or her I-94 when you enter the country. IV member Pankaj Kakkar detailed out what they are doing and how they are skewing the numbers... shame on Communist Lou Dobbs

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/3/28/82450/4208

"Here are the quotes from the PDF that prove my point:

TECS compiles and maintains information collected from nonimmigrants by DHS Form I-94, which asks for dates of arrival and departure as well as limited demographic information, such as name, sex,
nationality, and date of birth.
I-94 Forms issued at air and sea ports of entry, in most cases, can be used for a single entry only. Each time a nonimmigrant enters the United States via air or sea, the arrival portion of the I-94 Form is collected and the information is entered into the data system.
This verifies my experience - every time I fly out of the country, I surrender my I-94 at the airport, and get a new one when I enter the US again (at the immigration desk).

To contrast, when I drive to Canada (instead of flying there), I don't surrender my I-94 and therefore am not counted as a new admission (if I were, I would've been counted about 10 times last year instead of just 3 times):

... while a
nonimmigrant may enter the United States at a land border port of entry numerous times using the same I-94 Form, the arrival information
recorded in TECS refers to the initial entry only.
This is all from page 4 of the PDF.

So, reiterating - the stat quoted in the diary is wildly off the mark."

Old 03-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold
Default H1 Extension

He could even count people like me, who are extending their H1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3India

Old 03-29-2007, 11:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3India is on a distinguished road

How can we question this guy, there got to be someway, he cannot justify this figure clearly

you cannot count dependents because they are H4, you cannot not count those who renew visa because they are not new,

someone should really question this guy he is beyond control

Old 03-29-2007, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

Not a lot we can do to control dubious Dobbs. Best way is to ignore him. His producer and every other person around that show is a dummy. We just have to wait for him to screw up, Which I feel is going to happen sooner or later. Did you watch that town hall meeting he held in San Antonio last year (some time in Aug/Sep)? He was ripped off by a lady and people sitting in the hall. Roy beck was also there and he was scared to do his rhetoric.

Old 03-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCJinx is on a distinguished road

why do we even discuss about this Idiot? All he talks is rubbish.I stopped watching his programs because all it contains is rubbish