Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation
Click to log in with Facebook
Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation Gap in employment(paystubs) and the resulting problems during status transfer and green card filing.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
statuslaw is on a distinguished road
Default I got 221g yellow notice in H1b visa interview, what that implies?

Hello:

I got 221g yellow notice today in H1-b visa interview in Toronto. The visa officer asked me to fax my Ph.D. research detail to US consulate (previous research in university and current research in company). He wrote down the fax number for me.

The item was checked in 221g is Administrative review. The VO made a mark beside the check. It says that Description of Ph.D. and current research.

The visa VO kept my original I-797B, Resume, DS-156, 157, Offer letter and prepaid Canada Express mailer.

VO told me that it needs about a month to be finished.

The VO forgave my 20 days out-of –status by consulting his colleague. I wrote an explanation letter about my out of status and handed it to him. He told me my out of status make sense to him.

Any suggestions about the implication of the visa check? I am really not lucky.

Thanks!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute

Yellow notice means your case will go thru the administrative review. It takes a week or so before fo them to issue the final decision.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazycis View Post
Yellow notice means your case will go thru the administrative review. It takes a week or so before fo them to issue the final decision.
Does that mean he will have to be in Canada until it is decided ( a month ?? )

EB3 - India - PD - Sep 2004
I140/485 AP - 08/02/2007
FP - 11/2007
AP/EAD - 11/2007
AP/EAD - 2008
AP - 2009
EAD - 2010

Old 01-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/29/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
greencard_fever is just really nice greencard_fever is just really nice greencard_fever is just really nice greencard_fever is just really nice
Post May be

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuslaw View Post
Hello:

I got 221g yellow notice today in H1-b visa interview in Toronto. The visa officer asked me to fax my Ph.D. research detail to US consulate (previous research in university and current research in company). He wrote down the fax number for me.

The item was checked in 221g is Administrative review. The VO made a mark beside the check. It says that Description of Ph.D. and current research.

The visa VO kept my original I-797B, Resume, DS-156, 157, Offer letter and prepaid Canada Express mailer.

The VO forgave my 20 days out-of –status by consulting his colleague. I wrote an explanation letter about my out of status and handed it to him. He told me my out of status make sense to him.

Thanks!
What is the field of research you are doing..if that is some thing related to National Threat..then there might be more Scrutiny in your case..good luck!

Old 01-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencard_fever View Post
What is the field of research you are doing..if that is some thing related to National Threat..then there might be more Scrutiny in your case..good luck!
My major are computer science and mathematics. The job position is about mathmematical modeling in chemical engnieering and programming. The job title is Chemical Engineer.

Thanks!

Old 01-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

1. What is administrative review? What kind of things will be checked?

The words in the 221g is:

“Action on your application for a nonimmigrant visa(NIV) is suspended under section 221g of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended, (INA) for further review at the department of State or other agency. We will resume action on your application AFTER we are informed that this review is completed. We have no control over the pace or scope of this review.

. Administrative review (checked by VO)
. Fingerprint results
. Waiver of ineligibility

My friend also got 221g yellow notice five weeks ago and has not got any feedback yet so far. But in his 221g yellow, there is a difference in the first item, which is

. Interagency check
. Fingerprint results
. Waiver of ineligibility

2. Why the first one is different with the same notice color (yellow)? Are there anyways (Tel or email) that I can check the processing progress after I fax the documents?

3. Can I ask my employer to write a letter to US consulate to ask them to expedite the process?

Any suggestions and advise? Thanks!!!

Old 01-05-2008, 05:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB1B
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2007
Compare
raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuslaw View Post
Hello:

Thanks!
It sounds like a check for your speciality knowledge. Since the position is in Chemical Engineering, which I am fairly sure is on TAL (Technology Alert List), they need to get security clearance for you from washington. You may expect to wait for 1-1.5 months and I believe that you cannot enter U.S. in the meantime.

I went through the same experience (my H1B was for a post-doc position in an Ivy league school) in Frankfurt and they took 1.5 months (I went to the interview on May 18 and got my VISA on June 27). Sit tight!

Old 01-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

raysaikat, thanks a lot for your explanation! I seems I have to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysaikat View Post
It sounds like a check for your speciality knowledge. Since the position is in Chemical Engineering, which I am fairly sure is on TAL (Technology Alert List), they need to get security clearance for you from washington. You may expect to wait for 1-1.5 months and I believe that you cannot enter U.S. in the meantime.

I went through the same experience (my H1B was for a post-doc position in an Ivy league school) in Frankfurt and they took 1.5 months (I went to the interview on May 18 and got my VISA on June 27). Sit tight!

Old 03-27-2008, 11:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-00
Category
:
EB1B
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2001
Compare
workoutexcite is on a distinguished road

My friend got the same yellow receipt. Does he has to stay in Canada for 2 months???

Please reply.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpandey View Post
Does that mean he will have to be in Canada until it is decided ( a month ?? )