Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
maine_gc is just really nice maine_gc is just really nice maine_gc is just really nice maine_gc is just really nice
Default No "Until" Date on Visitors I-94

Hi,

My in-laws came to US last Firday along with my kid who is a US citizen.

Their passport has a stamp that says Admitted on Apr 17 at Chicago, Class B2 and "Until" is blank. There should be a date that tells they can stay until this date.

What are my options now. Do i need to let it go or contact some one and bring it to their notice etc..

Any help is appreciated

Old 04-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future

Do not ignore it. Go back to the POE (CBP deferred adjudication office) and they could have a date of 1 month on the top portion they keep and forgotten to put a date on the visitor's copy. They will check the system and put a date on the I-94. You may be risking their visa validity if they over stay. Do it ASAP.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute
Default No "Until" date

In the absence of a date, it is 6 moths from admitted date, by default. You may confirm this by calling USCIS.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummgelauft View Post
In the absence of a date, it is 6 moths from admitted date, by default. You may confirm this by calling USCIS.
That is not true. There is no default assumption and call center folks have no knowledge about things.

I have first hand experience with the same scenario at the same airport and CBP said it was a good idea to come back rather than assume a 6 month stay.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
maine_gc is just really nice maine_gc is just really nice maine_gc is just really nice maine_gc is just really nice

Thanks for the reply.

We are not in Chicago. Their POE is in Chicago. I may have to go to the local USCIS office and clarify it.

I am also checking with the Attorney.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/16/2007
Chargeability
:
Cyprus
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
gapala is infamous around these parts gapala is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_gc View Post
Hi,

Their passport has a stamp that says Admitted on Apr 17 at Chicago, Class B2 and "Until" is blank. There should be a date that tells they can stay until this date.

What are my options now. Do i need to let it go or contact some one and bring it to their notice etc..

Any help is appreciated
Did you check the I-94 attached to passport? I-94 will have the date until... as that is what allows them to stay in the country.
you should find it on I-94, if it is not written along side stamp on passport.

Last edited by gapala; 04-20-2009 at 12:48 PM.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
mundram is on a distinguished road

Recently, I was in the similar situation but with H4 dependents.
Here was the response from my lawyer:

"the I-94 card should reflect that date. What I would like them to do is go to their local port of entry (probably airport), to have the I-94 cards corrected. It does not need to be the same airport that they entered through."

The airport authorities easily updated the "until" date. However, they told me that the system recognizes the exit date based on the visa validity date. But safe to get it updated from your local airport.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

So do i need to go to any International airport that has immigration services or the local USCIS office can help?

Old 04-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow

Quote:
Hi,

Any help is appreciated
Are you saying the I-94 does not have the date written in the "until" column or is it only on the passport? Usually, on the passport, the CBP officer just stamps it as "Admitted" and NOT write the date of departure except in cases of Parole stamps - all my entry stamps on my passport do not have dates written on them when I entered using H1B.

Does the I-94 have the date written on it? If so, that is all that is needed.

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Last edited by sunny1000; 04-20-2009 at 02:50 PM.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

I-94 also does not have the date written

Old 04-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
mundram is on a distinguished road

Luckily it was Dalls Airport (DFW) for me...but in my opinion you will have to go to the (international) airport!!

Old 04-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chicago

Quote:
Just take the passports and required documents to Chicago Airport , there will be a Customs and Border office inside the International terminal, they will be able to fix it .

Old 04-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

We are not in Chicago. Their POE is in Chicago. I may have to go to the local USCIS office and clarify it.

I am also checking with the Attorney.
You can go to the closest international airport's CBP. USCIS local office cannot do anything about it. Only CBP can.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In that case, here is the relevant Q&A in the www.cbp.gov website. Hope it helps:

Q: How do I correct an Arrival-Departure Record reflecting an incorrect admission classification, biographical information or period of admission?

A: U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) will review and issue the necessary documents to remedy errors recorded on the Arrival-Departure Record at the time of entry to the United States relating to improper non-immigrant classification, inaccurate biographical information or incorrect period of admission, if appropriate.
Any designated deferred inspection location or CBP office located within an international airport should be able to assist you, regardless of where the actual document was issued. In many instances, the location of your final destination where the discrepancy will be resolved may not be the port of your first arrival into the United States. Travelers are encouraged to contact sites not located within an international airport to establish an appointment, if necessary. Mail-in procedures are not available.

Currently, there is not an approved form to request the correction of inaccurate information recorded on the CBP Form I-94 or I-95 at the time of entry into the United States. You will need to bring the questionable CBP Form I-94 or I-95 and documentation to support the claim that the form was not properly annotated. For example, present a passport and visa to justify an incorrect visa classification or an approved petition to support an incorrect admission period. A fee will not be assessed.

The CBP offices within the international airports and deferred inspection locations are only authorized to correct errors that occurred at the time of arrival. Requests to replace the CBP Form I-94 or I-95 that has been lost, stolen or mutilated must be filed with USCIS.

Authorized stays that were limited at the port of first arrival by supervisory authorization as noted on the reverse side of the CBP Form I-94 will not be corrected. Under these circumstances, you will be required to file an Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status, Form I-539, with USCIS.

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

Thankk You Sunny1000. This is very helpful information. I will go to the nearest international airport and get it corrected. Thank you all for your advice. I will post here when i resolved the issue