Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 07-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
akshayhere is infamous around these parts

House committee votes to dump diversity visas
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc_peshwa has a reputation beyond repute gc_peshwa has a reputation beyond repute gc_peshwa has a reputation beyond repute gc_peshwa has a reputation beyond repute gc_peshwa has a reputation beyond repute gc_peshwa has a reputation beyond repute gc_peshwa has a reputation beyond repute gc_peshwa has a reputation beyond repute gc_peshwa has a reputation beyond repute gc_peshwa has a reputation beyond repute gc_peshwa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
You are wasting your time...just ignore them and remove the comments from the YouTube.
Alright Shanmugnathan...I layoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggymba View Post
I have disabled the comments. Man I amazed at the hatred that these antis/numberUSA have against high skilled workers.

Looks like we need to upload the video of Utica mayor who said Bosnian and Somali refugees have helped his town "economically". Looks like Somalis and Bosnians don't take away jobs.
Does it mean we will not be able to see the existing comments? If yes its unfortunate....

Old 07-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggymba View Post
I have disabled the comments. Man I amazed at the hatred that these antis/numberUSA have against high skilled workers.

Looks like we need to upload the video of Utica mayor who said Bosnian and Somali refugees have helped his town "economically". Looks like Somalis and Bosnians don't take away jobs.
Take any article on CNN and look at the comments below. You rarely see rational discussion. Most of the stuff is pure junk and people spew venom like anything.

Post a nice Bollywood dance on YouTube and you will see people trash talking about the girl dancing as if it were his ex and he dumped her etc...

Don't take them too seriously. Trash talks and rants are most times fun to read. You never know that they maybe coming from your own co worker or people you may know.

From such comments it is obvious that there is inbuilt hatred and such feelings exist everywhere. This is not a "giving" world, it is a selfish "taking" world.

Everyone wants a piece of the cake and the whole cake if possible.

I would say, leave the comments open. If you react to the trash, you are basically sending a message that you are offended and they would love it.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer666 View Post
IV discussions are tagged by antis. A lot of antis are on IV forum scanning our threads.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2012
Compare
frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

It's called cyber bullying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
Take any article on CNN and look at the comments below. You rarely see rational discussion. Most of the stuff is pure junk and people spew venom like anything.

Post a nice Bollywood dance on YouTube and you will see people trash talking about the girl dancing as if it were his ex and he dumped her etc...

Don't take them too seriously. Trash talks and rants are most times fun to read. You never know that they maybe coming from your own co worker or people you may know.

From such comments it is obvious that there is inbuilt hatred and such feelings exist everywhere. This is not a "giving" world, it is a selfish "taking" world.

Everyone wants a piece of the cake and the whole cake if possible.

I would say, leave the comments open. If you react to the trash, you are basically sending a message that you are offended and they would love it.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chuck Schumer's stand ?

Do we know or have a gist of what Sen. Chuck Schumer is thinking of high-skilled immigration reform after the hearing ?

I saw some article like this which doesn't sound favorable to us in the near term

Senators agree on skilled immigration, but Democrats insist it must be comprehensive | The American Independent

Old 07-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustratingGC View Post
It's called cyber bullying.
Ha ha ha. Well, bullying is everywhere. The nice guys - like the dedicated IV members are soft targets.

Don't we always see that the good guy is the chosen target at workplaces for bullying? The one who helps others, the one who is smiling and kind is the one who gets targeted.

I don't think we must take these folks seriously.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute

gc_peshwa..appreciate your enthusiasm and for standing up for us. However, I agree with smuggymba since the antis posting there were totally whacko and abusive and from their comments, it was clear they were not even reading any sensible stuff our folks were posting. So it was very pointless to argue there. It was taking away from the real focus which was the video and dr.arora's testimony...which was truly a great achievement.

On other editorials/articles where ppl post senseless stuff like "immigrants take away jobs and lower wages" and other similar myths...i agree that we should respond and clarify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_peshwa View Post
Alright Shanmugnathan...I layoff

Does it mean we will not be able to see the existing comments? If yes its unfortunate....

Old 07-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc_peshwa has a reputation beyond repute gc_peshwa has a reputation beyond repute gc_peshwa has a reputation beyond repute gc_peshwa has a reputation beyond repute gc_peshwa has a reputation beyond repute gc_peshwa has a reputation beyond repute gc_peshwa has a reputation beyond repute gc_peshwa has a reputation beyond repute gc_peshwa has a reputation beyond repute gc_peshwa has a reputation beyond repute gc_peshwa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Its sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_waiting View Post
gc_peshwa..appreciate your enthusiasm and for standing up for us. However, I agree with smuggymba since the antis posting there were totally whacko and abusive and from their comments, it was clear they were not even reading any sensible stuff our folks were posting. So it was very pointless to argue there. It was taking away from the real focus which was the video and dr.arora's testimony...which was truly a great achievement.

On other editorials/articles where ppl post senseless stuff like "immigrants take away jobs and lower wages" and other similar myths...i agree that we should respond and clarify.
You know what seriously upset me when I first saw the comments? "It was like only 1 hour ago that this vid was uploaded and these racists are all over it". The IV leadership worked so hard for this day and these jobless racists sitting comfy on employment benefits are humiliating IV's achievements? Though broadly I tend to agree that fighting over youtube comments is playing into their hands.
But we've gotta do something about the huge propaganda machine of NUSA and the likes. This discrimination has to stop and NOW!

Old 07-27-2011, 06:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mrpurnima has a spectacular aura about mrpurnima has a spectacular aura about mrpurnima has a spectacular aura about

I read Dr Puneeth's testimonial and it is so impressive. I am glad that there are people like him and many others at Immigration voice ( talented and exceptional professionals) who have chosen to speak up and fix a broken employment based immigration system here in USA. We need more people from the Indian and other communities to come forward and support social activism that aims at fixing the system and not just pray to get lucky and get out of the waiting line. I for one will continue to support such initiatives irrespective of my GC status till such time the system is fixed.

Donor: Signed up for monthly contributions

Old 07-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
venkspr is a splendid one to behold venkspr is a splendid one to behold venkspr is a splendid one to behold venkspr is a splendid one to behold venkspr is a splendid one to behold venkspr is a splendid one to behold venkspr is a splendid one to behold

Hello

Old 07-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasun View Post
First things first, I really would like to thank Puneet, Pappu and IV core members who are doing lot more than just posting messages on IV and wishing a miracle will happen. Not to come out negatively, but we all know hearings like this and bills like CIR have been happening routinely. I, for one, have given up on these ways. would there be any effect if we organized awareness meeting with a prominent and influential local/regional policy maker in pre-chosen districts ? Idea would be to gather representative ppl (eg. Dr. Puneet Mishra) who have telling stories to get our point across.
If someone is expecting a miracle out of a single event, it will be incorrect. Do not expect any bill coming out tomorrow because of this. This is only one event in the series of things we do and have been doing. It is just a big event in the many other events. This event should inspire each and every IV member to now go and personally meet his lawmakers in his state. And then keep meeting them every couple of months asking for updates what they have done to help the community. Unless our community takes initiative getting any relief will be tough. There is no backseat driving in advocacy. People need to come out of the anonymous virtual forum and take real life initiatives.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 07-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute
Default facebook

How about spreading the youtube link (posted by smuggymba) on your FB a/c's ... we can spread the word and awareness about it in our circle.

Thanks to Dr Arora and IV efforts in putting our issues to the focus. I shared the link on my FB page.
c) priority date and
d)location to i485.mailing.list@gmail.com .

Until Congress enacts legislation to eliminate backlogs, people who cannot file I485 will always be in limbo and at the mercy of endless H1B visa extensions and visa stamps. Join us and be a part of future IV initiatives to push USCIS to allow I485 filing without current PD.
Wiki

Old 07-27-2011, 09:45 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGGCQUE View Post
How about spreading the youtube link (posted by smuggymba) on your FB a/c's ... we can spread the word and awareness about it in our circle.

Thanks to Dr Arora and IV efforts in putting our issues to the focus. I shared the link on my FB page.
Very good idea.
Can we make this an action item?
The video description should also have a link to immigration voice. It should not say IV but immigration voice. This social media sharing on Facebook will help get many more people aware of this effort and we can get a much larger support. Is it possible to count number of people that shared this link?
would you like to lead this small action item for the next few days?

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 07-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Very good idea.
Can we make this an action item?
The video description should also have a link to immigration voice. It should not say IV but immigration voice. This social media sharing on Facebook will help get many more people aware of this effort and we can get a much larger support. Is it possible to count number of people that shared this link?
would you like to lead this small action item for the next few days?
I'll make the change in the description of the video.