Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default maybe you don't need to be here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrybond View Post
Chanduv OR WHATEVER UR NAME MAY BE...CAN U EXPLAIN WHY DO WE NEED A RALLY?

LET ME REMIND U GUYS About the n on co-operation m ovement...
the mahatma had stopped and did styagrah for cancellation of the civil disobedience movement after chauri chaura...

i fear we r treading the same path...

what do u want to show in DC?
Do we have a clear agenda? So far none....

I am a victim of retrogression...Yet where I saw clear commitment and work b y IV i during the july visa bulletin fiasco now i see none..

What about the so called core team?

Are they really active?

Questions..no answer..It's high time we be part of a movement..not an organization where people become senior coz thney post so many messages and yet will do no thing outwardly....

when i read messages on this nwebsite it sickens me,..I have seen retrogession pre2000 and when i see (just downloaded reporeted PD's see majority of 2006 plus) talking about retrogression...It seems farcial...

common guys do u have A REAL AGENDA? from what it looks to me..u r fighiting a beuruecratic quagmire...thats it..

no wonder the core team isabsent..now that they have their GC's ....

and let me not even start on the guys who r You know what?

dear friend,

4 posts and the members here have already awarded you 2 red s. wonder if that gives you an idea where your opinion rates?
if this is just a bureaucratic nightmare and if this is is an organization without an agenda then why are you still here?

if this organization's core members were trolling threads and wasting time with posting all day, i doubt many members would have confidence in it. perhaps you do not understand that the forum is not where real work gets done. no, the core team members do not have GC's, all except the exceptional man who founded iv and continues to work tirelessly for it despite his GC getting approved recently.

and no, the number of posts gets you nothing. senior member is but a nomenclature the software awards when you have 100 posts. It gets you nothing as zero zilch nada.. Most members here are or will be "senior", and so what? if they rabble rouse like you they might as well not be members at all. Those red s on the other hand denote quality, as the software on the site calculates other members approval and disapproval of your words.

you ask if "u guys have a real agenda". clearly you have not read the mission statement of this organization. it's available, check it out. since you do not consider yourself one of us anyway, i repeat my question, why are you here?
you know nothing and understand less about IV, your words are hostile and inflammatory and your intent is to undermine our goals.

be warned that no organization (or movement) will tolerate this behavior.

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Last edited by paskal; 08-19-2007 at 09:46 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 08-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default harrybond

please complete your profile
no bravery in shouting yourself blue while hiding
you have an EB2 PD of 2004, you seem to think you are close to your GC, so are you afraid that others will get one with shorter waits than you had to endure?

read this carefully: healthy debate is welcome. rude, hostile and inflammatory posts and especially undermining the basic goals of the organization you pretend to belong to, are not acceptable. the rest is up to you.

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 08-20-2007, 12:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute
Default fact sheet exists

s_r_e_e, singhsa3 has already created an excellent fact sheet which gives a picture of how grim the green card situation is. please take a look at it...

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12395

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_r_e_e View Post
chandu, your commitment and enthusiasm is inspiring ..
I did email the IV message and this content to many.. didnt see a response. I am thinking 1 main reason is that not many are aware of the depth of the issue. They think, this is the way it works.. I myself was thinking that until i came across IV. Some are happy they could apply 485 and think rest of the process should move on now.
What most people would understand is numbers. I am wondering if someone has/ would put together a chart with information like, this is the total number of apps pending, this could be % for heavily retrogressed countries. this is the / country quota.. so, for EB2 guy with 2007 it would be year 2012 to have visa number available.. similarly for EB3 it would take so many years..and so on for every year.. just fare estimate would be more than enough

The messages in IV homepage is easy to understand for people who have been following the immigration process/delays closely. But for others who are new to IV , it is a bit confusing...

Some thing in the following line, very specific ..
1) The estimate of GC approvals - when should you expect u r GC
2) The solution: - Recapture , Increase visa, untie family members from limit.
3) What can u do to make this happen. - rally

Wouldnt it be worth to try making a content like that to email friends?

Old 08-22-2007, 01:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
7/23/2007
Compare
gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future
Cool Hot!! Hot!! Help yourselves get your GC faster - and at virtually no cost to you!!

Hi Guys,
How about a fun filled trip for you, your family and friends to DC from your place, while you help yourselves get GC faster? All this at virtually little or no cost to you?

Sounds too good to believe?
Not really! Check it out!!
Ride the bus to Dc from the Tri State Area
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12567
Catch a Ride on the BUS to DC (MA,VT,ME,RI,NH,CT)
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12628
Catch a Ride on the BUS to DC (MN, WI,IL,OH,PA etc)
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12599
The magic bus from NC/SC/GA/North FL and anything en route
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12632

Join the IV Minnesota Chapter

Proud participant of the September 18th Rally in DC. Flew in from Minnesota.

Last edited by gcpadmavyuh; 08-22-2007 at 10:50 AM.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
Nigeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute
Default Saw this on Murthy's web site

http://www.murthy.com/a_sep18.html

Immigration Voice Group Organizes September Rally
Posted Aug 23, 2007

The nonprofit organization, Immigration Voice is organizing a rally to be held in Washington DC on September 18th, 2007. The purpose of the rally is for highly skilled, educated immigrants to be seen and for their voices to be heard by elected officials. Too often the media and elected officials seem to focus only on the issue of illegal immigration. These foreign nationals who have played by the rules, followed often-confusing and ever-changing laws by paying expensive fees in order to maintain their legal status feel that their voices must be heard.

Following the failure of comprehensive immigration reform in late 2005, Immigration Voice was created. Immigration Voice is determined that the voices of these skilled and educated employees, in high demand by U.S. employers, must be so loud that they cannot be ignored. These legal and highly skilled professionals whose contributions to the U.S. economy are invaluable are caught in backlogs resulting both from processing delays and the shortage of immigrant visas stemming from annual numerical caps under U.S. immigration law.

The purpose of the rally is at the heart of the of their mission - to peacefully protest Congressional inaction on the issue of visa and processing backlogs for highly-skilled immigrants and for Congress to seriously consider their position when enacting the law. Immigration Voice hopes to serve as an interface between these immigrants and the legislative and executive branches of the U.S. government.

To show our support beyond publicizing the event, we are making a modest donation of $5000 towards the expenses of the September 18th rally. This kind of peaceful demonstration on the part of the immigrant community is positive, and worthy of support. We believe that this kind of grassroots demonstration puts a face and gives a voice to legal immigrants that is a critical component and sometimes the only means for any change in a democracy.

Attorney Murthy and the Murthy Law Firm would like to wish the organizers of this event, and all those who plan to participate, great success in their undertaking!

For details about this event, go to: http://immigrationvoice.org

Old 08-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

I wish this thread was as large as the tracker thread. Most of the posts are from digital2k motivating others.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute
Default A simple action by every member can make a change..

Here is a simple action item for everyone. Please print out atleast
few copies of the rally flyer and post it at the places where you are
visiting this weekend. Most of the ppls go to indian/chinese
restaurants, religious places, or other places where immigrant gather
during the weekend. Please post the rally flyer over there. You don't
need to go out of U'r way to do this action item. It is a very simple
action item, U must do it.

If you are going to a place where legal immigrants gather and U
don't find a flyer posted and if U also don't post a flyer then as an
IV member, U are hurting IV's chance of having a successful rally.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
solaris27 is infamous around these parts solaris27 is infamous around these parts solaris27 is infamous around these parts solaris27 is infamous around these parts
Default I have website and I can put your banner free

I have website and I can put your banner free

please contact me at cortese0001 at yahoo.com and send me HTML code to put on my website .

Old 08-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12-12-2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12-15-2005
Compare
ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough

Cant make it to the DC rally?
Sponsor someone else to represent you.

Please vote -- > http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12441

Old 08-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good one:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital2k View Post
Even in alphabetical order "DC" comes before "GC". Do the obvious, join the DC rally
EVERYONE, stop trying to find a reason to not attend... it is getting harder and harder to come up with a valid reason.. so just decide and attend!
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign
PD: Aug 2006. I-485: July, August 2007 @ TSC. I-485 approved on June 15, 2011

Old 08-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2007
Chargeability
:
Venezuela
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
citruxz is on a distinguished road
Post PRWeb distributes press releases

This is a excellent service to spread the news
PRWeb® distributes press releases for many Fortune 500 companies and is the largest Newswire catering to small and medium-sized companies and organizations.

http://www.prwebdirect.com/

Old 08-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
johnnybhai will become famous soon enough
Default Details of Rally

I dont think I have seen details on where and when the rally starts and where we should join it and so on. Could someone send me a link to that please? Thanks!

Old 08-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
johnnybhai will become famous soon enough
Default Details of Rally - Never Mind

Got it - Thanks!

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12749

Old 08-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute

I have started contacting my friends and making them aware of IV and its efforts. Just got one of my friends at Minneapolis interested. I am hoping that he will call more of his friends closer to DC and convince them to just drive by and attend the Rally.

Also, as it has been mentioned earlier on this thread, finally I see a mention about our Rally on www.murthy.com homepage. This will give a lot of credibility to our efforts!

Participated in Advocacy Day - April 2011
Participated in DC Rally - Sept 2007
Texas State Chapter - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/texasiv

Old 08-29-2007, 01:53 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2007
Chargeability
:
Venezuela
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
citruxz is on a distinguished road
Post Microsoft Hires Lobbyist for Visa Issues

Associated Press
Microsoft Hires Lobbyist for Visa Issues
Associated Press 08.24.07, 3:51 PM

Would be a great idea if IV core contact Microsoft or SC Partners LLC to find support for the September 18 rally

WASHINGTON - Microsoft Corp. hired SC Partners LLC to lobby the federal government on immigration matters, according to a disclosure form.

The firm will lobby on issues related to temporary visas and green cards for high-tech foreign workers, according to the form posted online Thursday by the Senate's public records office.

Redmond, Wash.-based Microsoft (nasdaq: MSFT - news - people ) is part of a coalition of tech companies and other groups lobbying the federal government to raise the number of H-1B visas, which allow companies to hire skilled foreign professionals for up to six years. The cap is currently set at 65,000.

Tech companies contend they need such workers to stay competitive globally. Opponents have said raising the visa cap would lower wages and discourage American youngsters from pursuing tech careers.

Microsoft has previously said that about one-third of its 46,000 U.S.-based employees have work visas or are legal permanent residents with green cards.

Under a federal law enacted in 1995, lobbyists are required to disclose activities that could influence members of the executive and legislative branches. They must register with Congress within 45 days of being hired or engaging in lobbying.

Last edited by citruxz; 08-29-2007 at 02:00 PM.

Closed Thread