Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advocacy day: Air miles, carpooling and hosting members in DC

Immigration Voice is making every effort to allow for members to be part of this advocacy effort. IV team requests that many members plan to come to DC in April. This thread is started for members who wish to carpool or donate air miles or for DC/MD members to host others. Please use this thread to connect with each other.

However, for reasons beyond our control if members cannot do so, please contribute monetarily.

Sukhwinder is coordinating the efforts on carpool and hosting options.
Members who wish to carpool please post on the thread as well as send an email to Sukhwinder - 2011carpool@gmail.com

Vinay is coordinating the efforts on airmiles, people wishing to donate air miles or request help for using the air miles, please PM vin13.

Poster to spread the word..

Thank you.

Last edited by StarSun; 02-24-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 02-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for registering with Immigration Voice for the advocacy efforts in Washington DC. Your participation in such efforts will help tremendously in bringing about the positive changes we seek.

Many of you may have questions regarding the advocacy event. To answer your questions, we are holding a conference call this weekend. An email was sent out to confirmed members today (Mar 24) with the subject line: IMPORTANT: IV Advocacy Conf Call Info. Please check your email for the conference call details and other important information.

The conference call in number and details cannot be made public.
Thank you.

Last edited by StarSun; 03-24-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute

Members who have pledged airline miles or stay in the registration form, please use this thread.
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com
Money with active participation is far more powerful - please join your state chapters and meet with your lawmakers.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute
Default carpool

i can drive my minivan from zip code 32771 (orlando area). so 6 seats are vacant.
i can pick up members from daytona beach area, jacksonville etc. if someone is coming from south florida, tampa area they can stop by at orlando and we can car pool from orlando.

i need atleast one person who can drive at night, cause i cannot.

Last edited by sukhwinderd; 02-06-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/24/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/09/2011
Compare
shahrks is on a distinguished road
Default Cherry Blossom

Just wanted to make sure that the organizers are aware that the 4/4 and 4/5 dates will fall in the middle of Cherry Blossom Festival in DC and specifically in and around the national mall. Travel and stay could get little expensive. Just wanted to make sure that this gets on to the radar. On the more positive note, lots of IV members will get a chance to visit DC during the most beautiful time of the year. Will attend anyways and will spread the word.

National Cherry Blossom Festival: The Nation's Greatest Springtime Celebration

Last edited by shahrks; 02-02-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute
Default Usually

most of the Cherry Blossom related rush will be only on weekends. April 4th and 5th falls on weekday so we have to face traffic and rush related to weekday. Also, 4th is Monday which is little less traffic (no to great extend though) due some federal people gets deferred workday. But for sure Tuesday (April 5th ) will be super rush day, all we need to do is plan to get in after morning rush hour and get out before/after evening rush hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahrks View Post
Just wanted to make sure that the organizers are aware that the 4/4 and 4/5 dates will fall in the middle of Cherry Blossom Festival in DC and specifically in and around the national mall. Travel and stay could get little expensive. Just wanted to make sure that this gets on to the radar. On the more positive note, lots of IV members will get a chance to visit DC during the most beautiful time of the year. Will attend anyways and will spread the word.

National Cherry Blossom Festival: The Nation's Greatest Springtime Celebration
Actively participated in April 2011 Advocacy Day (all 4 days).
Got chance to discuss our issue at 8 congress offices.
Started monthly contribution $25 from April 2011.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute

To get a head start on the advocacy effort, we need members to register, contribute, plan the travel, and spread the word as soon as possible.
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com
Money with active participation is far more powerful - please join your state chapters and meet with your lawmakers.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Members who want to donate air miles, please come forward, as it will allow for others who are considering to come a chance to plan for the event.
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com

Old 02-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future

/\/\/\

Old 02-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

immig4me, can you keep the advocacy thread on the home page in the weekend too?
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com

Old 02-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
reachinus is just really nice reachinus is just really nice reachinus is just really nice reachinus is just really nice
Default have total of 16000 miles

I can donate 16000 US Airways miles from 2 accounts. Please let me know the process.

Last edited by reachinus; 02-07-2011 at 10:09 AM.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

IV calls for a couple of volunteers to collect the miles and purchase tickets to confirmed participants. Please contact me.
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com

Old 02-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up I can

donate 25000 Hilton points (accumulated for future vacation use but this is more important :-) ) , worth one night stay close to DC (10miles) or two night stay (25 miles from DC). This stay can be shared by 2 or 3 ppls. Also, I can take care of picking you from hotel to DC and back to hotel.

Last edited by actaccord; 02-07-2011 at 06:15 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Donor/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/22/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute

I will be traveling from the west coast and am trying to find other South Cal folks who are travelling to the event. Maybe we can coordinate travel, if possible.
Also, would appreciate any car pooling options when in DC/VA.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
shyamkishore will become famous soon enough
Default Hosting IV Members during Advocacy days

My Dear IV Members,

I would like to open up my house for IV members during the advocacy days. I live in Herndon, VA about 25 miles from DC. I can accommodate up to 3 or 4 members if they can manage. DC is pretty much commutable from my house using the public transport.

Due to my work situation at present I am not sure if I will be able to participate actively. But I will be trying my best to at least make it for a day.

Regards,
Shyam

Closed Thread