Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ron Gotcher's newsletter : very informatiove esp for AC21 and EAD Vs H1B

http://imminfo.com/Newsletter/2009-3/2009-03.html

Please ignore if previously posted.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 03-16-2009, 02:44 PM
ganguteli

Stop advertising a lawyer. I find him very speculative. He wants everyone to come to his site and you are falling for it.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganguteli View Post
Stop advertising a lawyer. I find him very speculative. He wants everyone to come to his site and you are falling for it.
Sometimes I also feel the same about him.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
stupid comments considering one could say the same about IV if looking at it from the perspective of some of the posts here.

If you have nothing nice to say, maybe saying nothing may be the nicest thing. Sometimes links like this are actually very useful - especially to people coming here for the first time (or first few times)

Old 03-16-2009, 03:07 PM
ganguteli

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz View Post
stupid comments considering one could say the same about IV if looking at it from the perspective of some of the posts here.

If you have nothing nice to say, maybe saying nothing may be the nicest thing. Sometimes links like this are actually very useful - especially to people coming here for the first time (or first few times)
You can do hero worship of your lawyer whoever it is. I will not.
Ask him/her if he will do advocacy effort for you or sue USCIS since all his clients are struggling in the long wait and spending a lot of money on immigration consultations, fees etc.

Ask him if he contribute to IV instead?

Ask him to give you priority instead of your employer who gives him business every year.

Ask him why AILA is not giving you regular updates through him. As clients of lawyers we should get regular updates and prompt responses. What are they doing about country caps removal, end of retrogression, recapture etc. I mean they are so powerful, so why can't they do it for us so that we no longer need lawyers and save a lot of money? Arn't we all spending thousands of $s on immigration attorneys ? and only few of us pay only $25 and many are free members and get such a good service from IV website. We all hate to pay a single dollar to IV and accuse IV core of asking contributions every time there is a drive but IV still helps us. They need to learn from us.

Why none of us has the courage to do it, but we have the courage to trash talk IV and blame its core for not working hard enough for our $25.

Last edited by ganguteli; 03-16-2009 at 03:21 PM.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Teli,
Which line of my post suggests that I am advertising for him? If someone posts a link from a news paper, does it mean that he/she is advertising for the news paper. I just found it on his website and found it relevant for us so I posted it. For your information, I am not his client.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute

He's not my lawyer. I just hear of him out here in the various posts.

As for the things you ask below - why should he do any of the things you ask for - its none of his business. Or actually, its none of our business to tell him how to conduct his business.

Don't want to get into a mudslinging fest here - just wanted to point out that sometimes posts like the original one are useful.

Quote:
Ask him/her if he will do advocacy effort for you or sue USCIS since all his clients are struggling in the long wait and spending a lot of money on immigration consultations, fees etc.

Ask him to give you priority instead of your employer who gives him business every year.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2008
Compare
ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts
Default some thing interesting from one of the newsletter article

Employees should be particularly wary of having their adjustment applications handled by the employer’s attorneys. If there is a dispute between the employer and employee, as when the employee terminates employment and moves on, there is an inherent conflict of interest. The attorney may continue to represent both side, but only if the conflict is disclosed and explained, and both sides explicitly consent to waive the conflict.

Similarly, the employer’s attorney must provide the employee with complete copies of everything filed in connection with the employee’s application for adjustment of status. This application is personal to the employee and has nothing to do with the employer. If the employer’s attorney files the employee’s adjustment application, he or she is acting on behalf of the employee and owes the employee a fiduciary duty of loyalty. If the CIS issues a request for evidence (RFE) or notice of intent to deny (NOID), the attorney must act in the best interests of the employee if he or she undertakes to respond.

Unfortunately, many employer attorneys see their first loyalty to the employer and not to the employee. If you are uncomfortable having your employer’s attorney represent you, you have the right to change lawyers and retain someone on your own.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

For most Desis, immigration attorney is GOD. And the words coming out of the mouth of Immigration Attorney is the ULTIMATE TRUTH. We as desi community is happy to hero worship someone who kicks us everyday by conspiring to delay our green card application, not pick-up/return our phone calls/emails. That's how we as desis love, to be treated as trash. That's why we worship immigration lawyers as GODs.

In my opinion most immigration lawyers are part of Employer-Lawyer nexus to exploit employees. Most lawyers are in the business of finding loop holes to make more money for the employer (NOT EMPLOYEE).

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." - John Adams, 1776

"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

Last edited by sanju; 03-16-2009 at 03:30 PM.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute

I find Ron Gotcher's website very informative. It’s your choice not to read or to disagree with the speculative part, but he definitely is doing a fantastic job of educating the immigration community by answering the simplest of questions. I don’t care if this is a marketing tool for him, but I get a huge relief on the verge of getting laid off, when he quotes from the law-book to assure me that it’s ok to be unemployed after AOS. He takes the time to do that for me. There are not too many out there doing the same!
(just don’t jump on me yet saying that there are other attorneys out there answering the same question, as I just said it as an example)

Old 03-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone read the OP's post or the newsletter before they decided to bash him/her for "advertising" Ron Gotcher's newsletter?

All the OP is trying to do is direct people to information that might prove helpful.

And the newsletter has articles on issues besides visa bulletin predictions, so not everything coming out of Ron G's mouth is speculation.

I read it, and I found the H1B vs EAD article particularly informative, better than any of the other EAD vs H1B articles I have read in the past.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Ask him why AILA is not giving you regular updates through him. As clients of lawyers we should get regular updates and prompt responses. What are they doing about country caps removal, end of retrogression, recapture etc. I mean they are so powerful, so why can't they do it for us so that we no longer need lawyers and save a lot of money? Arn't we all spending thousands of $s on immigration attorneys ? and only few of us pay only $25 and many are free members and get such a good service from IV website. We all hate to pay a single dollar to IV and accuse IV core of asking contributions every time there is a drive but IV still helps us. They need to learn from us.

Why none of us has the courage to do it, but we have the courage to trash talk IV and blame its core for not working hard enough for our $25.
Whats your skillset, I can try to get you a project. No offense, but you do seem to have too much time to loose-comment on others and contribute nothing.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Chargeability
:
Singapore
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Compare
fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold

pd_recapturing...Thanks for the link. I've read it earlier and it is very useful.

ganguteli...what's up your ass? pd just inform the community over a informative link and you go berserk about "hero worship", "trash talk IV" and your $25 contribution. Dude, are you serious?

Old 03-16-2009, 04:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Devils_Advocate is just really nice Devils_Advocate is just really nice Devils_Advocate is just really nice Devils_Advocate is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd_recapturing View Post
http://imminfo.com/Newsletter/2009-3/2009-03.html

Please ignore if previously posted.
Interesting info, thanks for the post!

Old 03-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/08/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute

Very informative and close to our situation. Thank you for sharing.
I-140 - Approved
I-485 - July 2007 and pending
Filed 2nd labor in 2009
Filed 2nd I-140 in 2009
Ported the PD
GC in 08-2010 almost 10 years after coming to the US.

Closed Thread