Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 03-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute
Default How does one become a "Donor"

Hi Guys,

I noticed recently a lot of people have the status of "Donor" instead of "Senior Member", "Member", Junior Member etc.

How does one become a "Donor". I have donated to IV SEVERAL times in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
IV has started a donor Forum for contributing members.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...play.php?f=109

Our monthly subscription based model will help members get access to this area for that time period. In the coming days we will be consolidating all previous subscribers who are continuing their subscription at present to be added as well. If you are an old continuing subscriber, and do not have access, do send an email to info at immigrationvoice.org with your name, email, amount subscribed every month and your IV ID. We will verify it and add you. If you have given a one time payment this month more than $25, we will be dividing it by $25 and the system will calculate the number of months you are subscribed. If you have the old $20/month subscription, please continue that. We will add you in the Monthly subscribers as well.

If you wish to subscribe, please click on the donate now link, adjacent to the green progress bar above and subscribe.

From now we will post IV updates on the donor forum so that members who contribute get the privilege of getting the information. If the information can be released for public, we will release it on the main forums after a delay. Donor forum will have the first access to the information. All donors will be identified by a 'donor' status in their profiles instead of junior/senior members.

If members want to start a thread in the donor forum, please add 'Donor Forum' before the the thread title so that everyone knows it is in the restricted area.

Admins will visit this area more often and answer questions from members. This will also enable more close coordination and communication between committed members. It is sometimes difficult for us to to read every post on the forum or post certain information for public consumption.

Thank you for your continued support

Last edited by pappu; 03-12-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts breddy2000 is infamous around these parts
Default FOIA Donors

Looks like it only tracks people who donated for FOIA
EAD/AP Approved
I-485 RD July 12 2007, ND Aug 14 2007
FP Sept 14 2007 completed
Service Center NSC

Contributed so far $480.
Contributing $20/month since Jan 2007

Old 03-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Start of the Donor Forum on IV

IV has started a donor Forum for contributing members.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...play.php?f=109

Our monthly subscription based model will help members get access to this area for that time period. In the coming days we will be consolidating all previous subscribers who are continuing their subscription at present to be added as well. If you are an old continuing subscriber, and do not have access, do send an email to info at immigrationvoice.org with your name, email, amount subscribed every month and your IV ID. We will verify it and add you. If you have given a one time payment this month more than $25, we will be dividing it by $25 and the system will calculate the number of months you are subscribed. If you have the old $20/month subscription, please continue that. We will add you in the Monthly subscribers as well.

If you wish to subscribe, please click on the donate now link, adjacent to the green progress bar above and subscribe.

From now we will post IV updates on the donor forum so that members who contribute get the privilege of getting the information. If the information can be released for public, we will release it on the main forums after a delay. Donor forum will have the first access to the information. All donors will be identified by a 'donor' status in their profiles instead of junior/senior members.

If members want to start a thread in the donor forum, please add 'Donor Forum' before the the thread title so that everyone knows it is in the restricted area.

Admins will visit this area more often and answer questions from members. This will also enable more close coordination and communication between committed members. It is sometimes difficult for us to to read every post on the forum or post certain information for public consumption.

Thank you for your continued support

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 03-12-2009 at 11:50 AM.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just send an email with details

Just send an email with details to adminstrator2.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by breddy2000 View Post
No, it does not even do that. it does not let FOIA donors logon too.
First, the whole concept of donor based organisation is so stupid.
I mean really stupid.

If the donor based thing is ON, the future of IV is not good.
Yeah, IV does good work by talking to people all around, from different stratas of lawmaking and what not.

but get real, look around guys, information is everywhere, not only here. and you are working for the greater good of the community, only donors are not going to be benefitting from this.

Instead of making donor based posts, have a FOIA kinda drive every now and then.

unbelievable, and to top that, even donors cant access the so called 'DONOR posts'.
talk about low life bureaucracy, welcome to IV.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by breddy2000 View Post
Not true. Anybody donates will get Donor status. This is started for last few days, so people who donated in last few days get this. Pappu mentioned that he is planning to cross reference this with old donations but not sure whats happening there.

RD: 6/7/07, ND: 6/19/07, FP: 7/21/07
485 LUDs: 7/23, 7/24 & 7/28
EAD Approved: 9/12
AP Approved : 9/24

Old 03-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItIsNotFunny View Post
Not true. Anybody donates will get Donor status. This is started for last few days, so people who donated in last few days get this. Pappu mentioned that he is planning to cross reference this with old donations but not sure whats happening there.
This is how You release code to PROD? no user testing at all?
and the entire paid thing is the beginning of the end. not good.
why didnt we even have a poll on this? crazy crazy idea.

Last edited by reddog; 03-12-2009 at 11:56 AM.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute

Give the Core team a break. What you think they have nothing else to do?
They have families and above all they have a life. IV is not paying for their family or anything, so they have to work and earn for their livelihood. They do all this in their spare time, and not like you, who always end up criticizing.

Think before you start bashing or belittle anyone;s efforts.

Go I/V GO. TOGETHER WE CAN

Old 03-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default cool it

It is very easy to contradict or find errors.

No body is getting paid here to have a tester test it.

Yes I like the idea of donor for paid members. There are 31000 members not even 2500 members are contributing. This is one way of making them pay for the services or the info you get from the forum.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare
Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute
Default I second this

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddymjm View Post
It is very easy to contradict or find errors.

No body is getting paid here to have a tester test it. Yes I like the idea of donor for paid members. There are 31000 members not even 2500 members are contributing. This is one way of making them pay for the services or the info you get from the forum.
I support you reddymjm. It is easy to criticize. Every one should understand this. I was supporting paid forums from the begining. Nothing comes FREE in this world.

Many of my known people who are paid as much as me or even more do not even think of contributing any amount. But they keep questioning when do we get green cards.

We were habituated to criticize others as we were grown to spoon feed by our parents.

I support IV on this.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of

Pappu,

I have a suggestion! I don't think forcing monthly $25 contribution to keep donor status alive is a very good idea, especially in current economy. Take an example of myself. It is decided that I am going to loose job on 17th March, may not be able to contribute every month.

Rethink!

Old 03-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

This is SO wrong. I strongly disagree on this new initiative.
Desperation does not necessarily have to be shown.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare
Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItIsNotFunny View Post
Pappu,

I have a suggestion! I don't think forcing monthly $25 contribution to keep donor status alive is a very good idea, especially in current economy. Take an example of myself. It is decided that I am going to loose job on 17th March, may not be able to contribute every month. Rethink!
Dear ItIsNotFunny,

For committed people like you, we can request IV core for some special consideration.

But I support this initiative. Just see the FOIA thread. We could not even pool up 5K and there are at least 5000 members out of which at least 500 active users.

Unless there is some intiative like this, it will be impossible for pushing any lobbying activities. There are many people who wants every thing free.

I support IV

Old 03-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliber View Post
Dear ItIsNotFunny,

For committed people like you, we can request IV core for some special consideration.

But I support this initiative. Just see the FOIA thread. We could not even pool up 5K and there are at least 5000 members out of which at least 500 active users.

Unless there is some intiative like this, it will be impossible for pushing any lobbying activities. There are many people who wants every thing free.

I support IV
I support the idea. Its just market is bad and people may not be able to contribute so regularly.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
Default I too support this

I too support this. There are exceptions always.. and will be I guess..