Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc. All discussions about Ability to pay issues and other 140 RFEs etc.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
irrational is a name known to all irrational is a name known to all irrational is a name known to all irrational is a name known to all irrational is a name known to all irrational is a name known to all
Default I-140 RFE lot of information requested.

Folks,
I just recieved the I-140 RFE details from my employer.

I have a EB2 application. (Masters + 2 Years)

They are asking for:
1. ALL my W2's (8 years worth!!!!)
2. ALL my 2007 Paystubs
3. Experience Letters.

I worked for all of 2007 (no bench nothing) but I do not have some paystubs from early 2007. (Lost in moving apt).
Is there any other recourse for me ?

I am trying to get my experience letters from my first employee. It is proving to be difficult. Large company refusing to give me my duties etc. Would an experience letter from a co-worker suffice ?

I think the RFE's are becoming more and more common and complicated.

-Bipin
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrational View Post
I worked for all of 2007 (no bench nothing) but I do not have some paystubs from early 2007. (Lost in moving apt).
Employer always keeps a copy of the paystub, you can request these copies from the company or most companies offer direct deposit, you can furnish bank statements with the cover letter. Going forward, remember to scan and keep a copy of the paystub - you will never know what USCIS will ask for in the future.

Quote:
I am trying to get my experience letters from my first employee. It is proving to be difficult. Large company refusing to give me my duties etc. Would an experience letter from a co-worker suffice ?
You can get a letter from your co-worker current company's letter head - if thats not possible then get in a plain sheeet and it should be notarized.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2008
Compare
quizzer is infamous around these parts quizzer is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Folks,

They are asking for:
2. ALL my 2007 Paystubs
3. Experience Letters.

-Bipin

Try to get the experience letter from your ex manager or co-worker and get it notarized.

It should work.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Folks,

They are asking for:
2. ALL my 2007 Paystubs
3. Experience Letters.

-Bipin
The fastest way to get a copy of W2 is to ask your employer. You can also get these from IRS by filling in form 4506. See:
http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html
I did this recently. They say 60 days, but took a little over 3 months in my case. Its a complete copy of my tax filing, all W-2s etc, so really useful... Costs about $40 for every year that you want the returns of.

For paystubs your employer can help you.

You can get an experience letter from a co-worker (2 recommended, if its not your manager, on their official letterheads of whereever they are working now). Make sure its detailed enough to include your skills, job title and dates of employment.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2007
Compare
Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute Canadian_Dream has a reputation beyond repute

If your previous employer refuses to give an experience letter detailing duties you can do the following:
1. Get the employment verification letter from HR. This must have dates of employment, title and salary. This could be very brief.
2. From your co-worker get an experience letter detailing responsibilities. If this letter is not on a company's letterhead (some companies don't allow this) ask him/her to attach his/her business card.

These two would suffice. You don't need to get it notarized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizzer View Post
Try to get the experience letter from your ex manager or co-worker and get it notarized.

It should work.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold

Two letters on plain paper from ex-colleagues from each company will be sufficient. But make sure that what ever job title, duties and dates mentioned in labor application should match.

The letters should be notarized.

I have done in the same way.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
alex77 is a name known to all alex77 is a name known to all alex77 is a name known to all alex77 is a name known to all alex77 is a name known to all alex77 is a name known to all
Default Paystub from ADP

If your paystub/W2 is processed by ADP, you can register and view/print the paystubs and W2 online. To register online, you will need a copy of any previous paystub and enter few details from that.

Quote:
Folks,

They are asking for:
2. ALL my 2007 Paystubs
3. Experience Letters.

-Bipin

Old 12-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
irrational is a name known to all irrational is a name known to all irrational is a name known to all irrational is a name known to all irrational is a name known to all irrational is a name known to all
Default Thank you all

Thank you all for the responses.

I have all my W-2's so that is not a problem .. at least I did one thing right!

The only problem was the paystubs. I will talk to my employer again and see what they can do.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
Default alex

Alex,
Do you have a link to this site. We get our paychecks from ADP.

-Bipin

Old 12-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts
Default why you got RFE??

Quote:
Alex,
Do you have a link to this site. We get our paychecks from ADP.

-Bipin

Have you not submitted these documents before.These documents are minimum requirement for submitting with I-140?? Just curious.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
svam77 is on a distinguished road
Default Was urs a labor Substitution ?

Or do you work for a samll company ?

Do you know why they asked for these many thigns ?

Sam

Old 12-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold

Here is the link for ADP site where you can all w2's and pay stubs : https://ipay.adp.com/iPay/index.jsf

Old 12-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute

http://ipay.adp.com

Old 12-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare

Ramesh:
Thanks for the link. The site asks for Registration pass code. Will it be on my paystub ?

Svam:
I do work for a company with > 100 employees. So yes, it is kind of a small company. Before this, I used to work for companies with employees > 2000 and > 10000 employees.

No idea why they asked so many things. I have perfect record of status and pay. even during the 2002-2004 bad time period.

I think the RFEs on I-140 are increasing in general.

-Bipin

Old 12-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare

Am sorry..Let me see what is registration passcode..