Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/14/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold
Default Who cares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janakp
I agree.
Infact lawyers like Murthy will claim that it was they who made this rally a success and got the bill passed. They did it recently with the visa bulletin and claimed that they were the key to getting visa bulletin reversed. All they did was to write a letter to DHS. Hey guess what I also wrote letters and not just to DHS but to lot many. So should I claim credit for visa bulletin too?
Just because a lawyer said something doesn't make all our efforts vanish! Besides, even if a lawyer claims that he/she is the one to make this a success; does it really matter? As long as we achieve our aims... does it matter who "claims" credit for it?

Everyone likes to believe that they made a difference. However small their contribution may be, it is still a contribution! Who knows, it might be that small contribution that makes the difference!

Try to look at the big picture: If we can get them to help our cause that is at least another person on our side.

Think about it... the flower campaign started from a few individuals and was not endorsed by IV until the story was published on the Times of India. By then a lot of people had already mailed their flowers. My point is... It does not matter who started or contributed more in the effort. What matters is the final outcome - whether it was successful or not. The fact is that the flower campaign would not have been the success it was without the support of IV and that is all that matters! So if getting help from those lawyers helps our cause.. go ahead and do it!

Keep your eye on your goals and not whether you get the glory.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2007, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of
Default I will be there in DC

I will be joining in from the Southern California Chapter. I plan to fly out on Wednesday by a red eye flight by American Airlinesand fly back on Friday evening. Any members interested in joining , pls PM me.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Go IV

Nice one

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital2k
How about if everyone wears a white T-Shirt with following :

Background Liberty's torch

United States of America
A proud Nation Built by Immigrants

Back:
Logo of Immigration Voice
A Voice of Highly Skilled Workers
Building America for the future
The American Dream

Pls act and let us know...

Old 07-30-2007, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Smile thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital2k
How about if everyone wears a white T-Shirt with following :

Background Liberty's torch

United States of America
A proud Nation Built by Immigrants

Back:
Logo of Immigration Voice
A Voice of Highly Skilled Workers
Building America for the future
The American Dream

Pls act and let us know...
digital2K:

I have to say i'm very kicked that you liked my T Shirt idea- maybe i should consider a change of profession- thanks for the encouragement!! :-)

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 07-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute
Default Charter Buses for Rent (for the proposed Dandi March!)

If we can get groups of people in major metro areas together then renting a bus is probably an option. Check this website: http://www.busrates.com. it may be possible to get bulk discounts.

I am sure we can similarly make arrangements for lodging at discounted rates in D.C. and nearby areas.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dandi in Eagle's shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal_Hope
If we can get groups of people in major metro areas together then renting a bus is probably an option. Check this website: http://www.busrates.com. it may be possible to get bulk discounts.

I am sure we can similarly make arrangements for lodging at discounted rates in D.C. and nearby areas.
---
Eternal Hope good idea about bus rentals.

As far as "Dandi" march, my personal opinion is not to give this rally a Gandian or Indian association. Dandi march and all my get the American media romantic about Gandhi but may hurt our cause by restricting it to India. Chinese, Mexican, Phillipino and other nationalities may not be able to associate well with such an idea.

Lets nip this idea in the bud and try to project IV as a broad based organization.

Old 07-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute
Default *

Last edited by digital2k; 08-14-2007 at 01:55 PM.

Old 07-30-2007, 06:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsc999
---
Eternal Hope good idea about bus rentals.

As far as "Dandi" march, my personal opinion is not to give this rally a Gandian or Indian association. Dandi march and all my get the American media romantic about Gandhi but may hurt our cause by restricting it to India. Chinese, Mexican, Phillipino and other nationalities may not be able to associate well with such an idea.

Lets nip this idea in the bud and try to project IV as a broad based organization.
Totally agree with you.

If the recently concluded successful campaign is any indication, the rally needs to be more than just a rally for the media to catch major attention. If we can somehow relate the message and the purpose of this rally in some creative (and meaningful) way that would be great. I seriously feel the pre-rally preparation and the associated PR is extremely critical to make the actual rally successful. Hopefully over the next few weeks we IV members will be able to come up with an innovative theme/battle-cry for the rally.

Old 07-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute
Default *

Last edited by digital2k; 08-14-2007 at 01:55 PM.

Old 07-30-2007, 06:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
pratibha is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Count me in

I will come with my family of 4 and drive down from Memphis, Tennessee

Old 07-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
syzygy is on a distinguished road

Why don't we wear T-Shirts with company logos or T-Shirts with university names?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newuser
Nice one

Old 07-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/12/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
paulavijit is on a distinguished road
Default Time of Rally

Please post the time of the rally ASAP as many of us may reach Washington, DC on 13th morning.

Old 07-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not before 9:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulavijit
Please post the time of the rally ASAP as many of us may reach Washington, DC on 13th morning.
Not confirmed but its unlikely to begin before 9:00. If you can reach there by 9:00 you should be fine. We will confirm the route and timing in 2 days.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
at485stage is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Tshirt with company names

I really like the idea of wearing tshirts with company or university names...It will showcase our skilled or education background.

Old 07-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
485_se_dukhi is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Will come from Atlanta

Both of us will come with our 10 mth old baby.

We are planning to to drive up to DC. If anybody from Atlanta or near by areas is interested, then we can go together.
Initial contribution $200 + Sent flowers + $50/m recurring deposit + Sent thank you cards + Contributed $100 towards the rally + Bought IV T-shirts for the rally+ Attended Sept 18 Rally + Met our local congresswoman

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - G. B. Shaw