Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts
Smile Amazing response

Hello All,
Two weeks ago, I participated in the email campiaghn, I sent an email to my state's congressman. I sent the same letter which was drafted by IV. Friday I got an email back from his office. The email doesn't make sense to high skilled workers. I hopt these congress members are not as dumb as their email response.

Dear Mr.xxxxx

Thank you for contacting me about your concerns regarding the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).

The VWP allows non - immigrant foreign nationals from specific countries to visit the United States for business or tourism for up to 90 days without obtaining a visa from an American consulate. Only countries that meet a set of strict notification and reciprocation requiremen ts can participate in the VWP. The program aims to improve relationships with other countries by support ing and expand ing tourism and business opportunities and fostering bilateral cooperation on critical counterterrorism and information sharing initiatives. While fostering our relationships with other countries, however, we must ensure t hat all visitors adhere to our law s .

Currently, authorities have difficulty determining whether those admitted under the VWP overstay their allotted 90 days . H.R. 1, a bill to implement the r ecommendations of the 9/11 Commission, modernizes VWP tracking and establishes a system that will provide data on whether visitors comply with the program rules . VWP country status will then be contingent on whether the country stays below an overstay rate measured by the air exit system. O n August 3, 2007, Presid ent Bush signed H.R. 1 into law. I support these reforms to our VWP that will increase our border s ecurity and foster strong bilateral ties with friendly nations

I emailed about high skilled workers, and sent the letter drafted by IV.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future H1B-GC has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarc123 View Post
Hello All,
Two weeks ago, I participated in the email campiaghn, I sent an email to my state's congressman. I sent the same letter which was drafted by IV. Friday I got an email back from his office. The email doesn't make sense to high skilled workers. I hopt these congress members are not as dumb as their email response.

Dear Mr.xxxxx

Thank you for contacting me about your concerns regarding the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).

The VWP allows non - immigrant foreign nationals from specific countries to visit the United States for business or tourism for up to 90 days without obtaining a visa from an American consulate. Only countries that meet a set of strict notification and reciprocation requiremen ts can participate in the VWP. The program aims to improve relationships with other countries by support ing and expand ing tourism and business opportunities and fostering bilateral cooperation on critical counterterrorism and information sharing initiatives. While fostering our relationships with other countries, however, we must ensure t hat all visitors adhere to our law s .

Currently, authorities have difficulty determining whether those admitted under the VWP overstay their allotted 90 days . H.R. 1, a bill to implement the r ecommendations of the 9/11 Commission, modernizes VWP tracking and establishes a system that will provide data on whether visitors comply with the program rules . VWP country status will then be contingent on whether the country stays below an overstay rate measured by the air exit system. O n August 3, 2007, Presid ent Bush signed H.R. 1 into law. I support these reforms to our VWP that will increase our border s ecurity and foster strong bilateral ties with friendly nations

I emailed about high skilled workers, and sent the letter drafted by IV.
ROFL....

Contributed : $225
Help IV to help yourself!!

EB2-India
Labor PD: 11/2005
I-140 AD: 07/2006
I-485 RD: 07/02/2007
I-485 AD: :8/4/2010
Card Received : 8/13/2010

Old 07-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06-20-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06-27-2007
Compare
cagedcactus is a jewel in the rough cagedcactus is a jewel in the rough cagedcactus is a jewel in the rough

that is so typical....
that is their standard practice.... every senator has his/her own agenda...
Tell them to take upon anything other than that agenda, and good luck with any progress...
Their offices are biased and told to reply in macro fashion. They rarely read your letters, and mails, and just reply in common language.
Unless you have something that can benefit the senator (money, or numbers),
you are basically banging your head on the wall....

Old 07-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of
Default Details please

Who is the congressman that sent you this response? Post the link to the letter you sent. (should be somewhere on IV forums I assume)
Have you tried calling them about their misinterpretation and response? I would call and/or write.