Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 08-16-2009, 05:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Drivers Licence issue in Pennsylvania

Hi Guys,

I am on H1B and my wife is working using her EAD. Like most people on here we applied in the July 2007 rush.

Now her licence in PA was expiring and we went to renew it and provided ALL necessary documents such as Passport, I-94, current and future EADs. However at the very end after about half an hour of providing documents, the DMV guy said that the system needed "more info" and that he would have to fax everything to Harrisburg who would then contact the INS for the missing info and we would get some "letter" from the DMV.

Has anyone faced a similar issue in PA before? If so how soon after did they receive this letter? Is there anything I can do to expedite the process such as contacting my local Sentator/Congressman's office? We have a small baby and my wife needs to drive to go to work.

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute

anyone?

Old 08-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold

Do you know what more 'info' is? Did you ask that guy what info he needs? I renewed my PA license for 3 times. I had no problem. Just show whatever documents listed on website for people on visa or EAD.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/09/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcganapati is infamous around these parts
Default eb3_nepa dont worry ,try another time another day in dmv

PA dmv sucks..dont worry ...try next day or evening in the same time form diffrent officer...they are some time stupid and they don't know what they are talking..

Take all necessary documents try more times..some officers gives some dont..becuase some of my friend has same issue..they got it...from diffrent officers...dont worry

Old 08-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
askreddy has a spectacular aura about askreddy has a spectacular aura about askreddy has a spectacular aura about
Default Same in Oregon

Hi

The same happened to me in Oregon. Though they have all immigration information about me the person is not able to see/understand and asked me to come after 10days.

Normally they take 5-6 days if they are really expecting some info.

Try calling after few days and check with different officer. Not all of the DMV staff are trained to understand all aspects of immigration.

Thanks

Old 08-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Becks will become famous soon enough Becks will become famous soon enough
Default Show them the original 485 receipts

I had my PA DL renewed last year. All they asked was the original I-485 receipt, Passport. They dont consider EADs.
485 Filed: 07/02/2007 (NSC) -- Approved on 07/12/2011
AC21: 05/2008
RFE : 03/2009 (EVL)
I485 Approved: 07/12/2011

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Old 08-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

We gave them the 485 receipt and both the EADs and this is all information he actually asked for and said at the end that the system did not let him give us the DL as it needed more info.

When will this NIGHTMARE end!

Old 08-17-2009, 05:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future

PA DMV requires atleast one document which has a later expiry to issue license, Take a letter from her employer stating she will be working in PA until a later date (Say 12/31/2011 eg). Show it to them and they will issue license.
I-140 Approved
I-485 : Yet to file
Waiting Priceless
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 08-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tdasara has much to be proud of tdasara has much to be proud of tdasara has much to be proud of tdasara has much to be proud of tdasara has much to be proud of tdasara has much to be proud of tdasara has much to be proud of tdasara has much to be proud of

Try Ben Salem, PA. I plan to go there with my EAD and I-485 this month end.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2008
Compare
ranand00 is on a distinguished road
Default pa license

been in pittsburgh for 8 yrs.license renewal no problem at pittsburgh downtown office.
need letter from employer and h1,thats it.
go to a different office or talk to the suprevisor.
hope it helps
anand

Old 08-17-2009, 09:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3_nepa View Post
Hi Guys,

I am on H1B and my wife is working using her EAD. Like most people on here we applied in the July 2007 rush.

Now her licence in PA was expiring and we went to renew it and provided ALL necessary documents such as Passport, I-94, current and future EADs. However at the very end after about half an hour of providing documents, the DMV guy said that the system needed "more info" and that he would have to fax everything to Harrisburg who would then contact the INS for the missing info and we would get some "letter" from the DMV.

Has anyone faced a similar issue in PA before? If so how soon after did they receive this letter? Is there anything I can do to expedite the process such as contacting my local Sentator/Congressman's office? We have a small baby and my wife needs to drive to go to work.

Thanks.
Which area of PA are you in? If you're in Southeastern PA near Philly, try the Malvern DMV. They accept I-485 receipts.
I-485 delivered to NSC 8 August 2007
Receipted at TSC 2 October 2007

Old 08-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcganapati View Post
PA dmv sucks..dont worry ...try next day or evening in the same time form diffrent officer...they are some time stupid and they don't know what they are talking..

Take all necessary documents try more times..some officers gives some dont..becuase some of my friend has same issue..they got it...from diffrent officers...dont worry
I agree with what gcganapati said. Some of folks in these centre's have no idea about these docments. I had mine renewed twice before. First time, I did renew online and they sent a receipt that I took to the DMV center, no problem at all.

Second time, as we want to change the address, they started asking all the documents like 485 receipt notice, EAD, proof of address. It took half hour for them to check in their system (God knows what they are checking) and issued the license.

If its very urgent, try other DMV center's or pay the fee online and take the receipt and get the license renewed at the DMV center.

Last edited by newuser; 08-17-2009 at 11:41 AM.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of
Default Transferred Recently

I recently transferred my license week back. I just showed my EAD. He cheked online and gave license based on that. At the end he took 485 photo copy.

This is at Dublin DMV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3_nepa View Post
Hi Guys,

Thanks.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tdasara has much to be proud of tdasara has much to be proud of tdasara has much to be proud of tdasara has much to be proud of tdasara has much to be proud of tdasara has much to be proud of tdasara has much to be proud of tdasara has much to be proud of

ashkam

How many years do they renew the license based on I-485 receipt at Malvern DMV?

Thanks

Old 08-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdasara View Post
ashkam

How many years do they renew the license based on I-485 receipt at Malvern DMV?

Thanks
I think the expiry date is based on EAD, not based on I-485 receipt notice.