Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Recent Blogs
Click to log in with Facebook
Recent Blogs RSS feeds of select Blogs on Immigration

Old 06-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all
Default USCIS reminds some people to get Advance Parole before traveling

USCIS has issued a reminder to certain foreign nationals that they need Advance Parole to travel outside the US. These applicants include people who have:
  • been granted Temporary Protected Status (TPS);
  • a pending application for adjustment of status to lawful permanent resident;
  • a pending application for relief under section 203 of the Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA 203);
  • a pending asylum application; or
  • a pending application for legalization.
People who have been admitted as refugees or granted asylum, including those who are applying for adjustment of status, do not need to obtain Advance Parole. Instead, they apply for a Refugee Travel Document using Form I-131 and comply with applicable application requirements, such as biometric processing, before leaving the US.

IMPORTANT: some people who entered legally and overstayed their authorized period of admission are subject to bars on re-entering the US if they leave. People who overstayed by 180 days are barred for 3 years, and an overstay of one year leads to a 10-year bar. Traveling on Advance Parole does not prevent the bars applying, so you should NOT travel, even with Advance Parole, if you think you might be subject to the bars.

More...

Approved by IV Mods
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Times are hard

Economic times are hard. Even the USCIS needs to make more money

As if any immigrant without a GC does not know that he/she needs a visa/AP for re-entry into the US .
Old 06-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future

that explains mass soft LUD's on approved I-131's in texas center on 26th of last month. They just selected expired I-131's and issued a letter.
Attended DC rally
NC state chapter http://groups.google.com/group/iv-nc
Old 06-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future

Also, H1 money will go to labor department for training and other purposes. EAD, AP money goes to USCIS.
Attended DC rally
NC state chapter http://groups.google.com/group/iv-nc
Old 06-10-2009, 12:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tdasara has much to be proud of tdasara has much to be proud of tdasara has much to be proud of tdasara has much to be proud of tdasara has much to be proud of tdasara has much to be proud of tdasara has much to be proud of tdasara has much to be proud of
Default Uscis streamlines readmissions for certain h and l nonimmigrants with pending permane

You can always come back on H1 if the visa is still valid!

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele...Rule110107.pdf
Old 06-10-2009, 12:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
santa123 is a jewel in the rough santa123 is a jewel in the rough santa123 is a jewel in the rough santa123 is a jewel in the rough

I salute the 'American Business Sense' from the bottom of my ###
They know how to run a money making business model. One of them has a cover page titled "Immigration"

phew