Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Chargeability
:
Singapore
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Compare
fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold

Hmm..interesting...my original post was deleted by the mod. Here's the sanitized version...

Pd_recapturing, thanks for the very useful link.

Gangtuli, what's the problem with you? PD tried to post a infomative link for everyone and you went berserk talking about "hero worshipping", "IV bashing" and your $25 contribution.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 03-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/25/2005
Compare
DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute

Quite informative. Thanks for posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd_recapturing View Post
http://imminfo.com/Newsletter/2009-3/2009-03.html

Please ignore if previously posted.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi pd,
thanks for the post - its useful.

There is comment in the report about the EAD/AP validity for three years, as in "Employment authorization documents (EAD) are presently valid for one year at a time. The CIS is about to extend this validity to three years. The same is true of advance parole (AP) documents".

I thought they are now giving two years for EAD (if PD is under retrogession) - this plan of extending this validity to three years - is it new or some sort of typo? If true - that would be good.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future

I would put this News letter in one of the 'Most Informative' ones. It clear doubts about maintaining H1B/EAD it talks about changing jobs on AC21. Intresting to see that 3 years EAD/AP thing as well as he mentions about the combined EAD/AP document. Attorney Ron Gotcher is also very proactive on his forums, you can ask specific questions, he usually answers it the same day..

Old 03-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Very Useful

I found the EAD v/s H1B article quite informative, articulate and really eye-opening. I dont see any issues with posting links to other immigration sites, PROVIDED those links are not simply marketing links and DO actually provide good immigration-related info. Some of the stuff he has written makes a lot of sense and Ron is not taking the same stance everyone else takes where they advise people to stay on H1B status to keep milking them for attorney fees.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2004
Compare
BumbleBee will become famous soon enough BumbleBee will become famous soon enough
Post Very informative

from Ron's newsletter
"One additional reason for making sure that you have a valid EAD at all times is so that you can claim unemployment benefits in the event you lose your job"

This is my understanding too, one doesn't have to have a continues employment in AOS status, only required to have a job or a job offer at the time of adjudications of I-485. I know one person who was able to get his green card on the basis of a new job offer at the time of adjudication (during interview process). Ron's newsletter is the first I have seen which is specifically mentioning unemployment benefit for AOS applicants. Thanks OP!!!

Old 03-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2006
Chargeability
:
Canada
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2006
Compare
RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of

Ron is a very decent guy, he is not my attorney but he has helped me with really good advice that helped me a lot.

Once I posted a question during the weekend and asked him a very specific question (My attorney was out of town) and he not only gave me the right answer but also posted detail information about the actual law behind it. Beleive me I needed the answer that weekend.

Every law firm wants clients but most of the lawyers would charge you $200 or $300 for 1/2 session, I know this becasue I have done this as well.

Ron answers your questions on his forum with out any charges, anybody can see this if they go to his site.

So you think he is "speculative", who isn't??? Why don't you name a lawyer who can "speculate" the visa bulletin correctly.

I would keep your thoughts to yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganguteli View Post
Stop advertising a lawyer. I find him very speculative. He wants everyone to come to his site and you are falling for it.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/11/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
abandookwala63 is just really nice abandookwala63 is just really nice abandookwala63 is just really nice abandookwala63 is just really nice abandookwala63 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar1 View Post
Very informative and close to our situation. Thank you for sharing.
very informative articles. Mr. Ron keep it up.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sin94 is on a distinguished road
Default thanks for the link

whatever be the issue about the debate (doesn't everyone come to this forum to gain something or ask a favor) Past couple of days I have being confused if my my decision about using the AC21 was the right thing to do as many peers advised me against using the AC21 and maintaining the H1. His article on the EAD vs H1B definitely clears up couple of doubts which I had.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd_recapturing View Post
http://imminfo.com/Newsletter/2009-3/2009-03.html

Please ignore if previously posted.

Good post, very helpful and informative, thanks for posting it! and thanks to Ron for writing the same!

Old 03-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2005
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Compare
marty will become famous soon enough

"One additional reason for making sure that you have a valid EAD at all times is so that you can claim unemployment benefits in the event you lose your job. H nonimmigrants do not qualify for unemployment insurance. If you have an EAD, however, and can be referred out for job interviews, you do qualify for UI, even if you don't yet have your green card."

The above is quite interesting. I saw people who were laid off and had question about applying for UI if they are on EAD and this answer explains it really well.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
fatjoe is a jewel in the rough fatjoe is a jewel in the rough fatjoe is a jewel in the rough fatjoe is a jewel in the rough
Default Looks like EAD is better?

Hi PD:
Greatly appreciate you for sharing this link. Rons post is really an eye-opener for those who lose good opportunies in their career, just to maintain H1 status. "The applicant would no longer be eligible for H status beyond six year. Since the applicant remained in H status while waiting for his AOS adjudication, all of that time would count against the six year limit. The applicant would not be allowed to remain in the US in H status following the AOS denial because that would involve a post-six year stay" is a valid and logical point, which many of us would not have realizewd.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

IV does have a very large reader base and I do agree to an extent that this is free advertisement for the lawyers, and no real benefit coming to this community from it.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 03-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute

Good info about EAD or H1-B. Thanks for posting

Old 03-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bugmenot is just really nice bugmenot is just really nice bugmenot is just really nice bugmenot is just really nice

I Agree, good post, one of the more beneficial ones in here, continue posting articles that you think are of benefit to the community irrespective of the source or what some others think.

Closed Thread