Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 04-30-2008, 05:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by apume View Post
Do I have legal broadcasting rights of uploading this for public viewing?

Rather, is it legal to do this?

if not i can send it to your gmail...
This is a public meeting of lawmakers paid for by the taxpayers. If you like, you could upload the video on YouTube without hesitation. There is no copyright violation in posting the Judiciary subcommittee hearing video.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2008, 05:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yahi hai Umrika ke USCIS ke officer ka Tashan!
and in English that means what?

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

For all those who are upset with the House hearing, please take it easy. Please do not expect the hearing to discuss the details of each and every GC applicant's case. The objective of the hearing was to bring the folks involved in visa bulletins and GC processing, and make them all publically say and agree that Lofgren-Sensenbrenner bill will not flood the country with new people on the borders but at the same time since the federal agencies did not do their job properly, so it would make sense to recapture the visa numbers, and that's it.

I think that this objective was achieved pretty handsomely without much opposition. So everybody was on the same page, other than Ranking member King, whose job in such meetings is to oppose whatever the committee chair is proposing. Rep. King did not have much to say as Rep. Sensenbrenner has co-sponsored the bill. Noticeably, Rep. Gutierrez supported the bill, which means Hispanic Caucus may not oppose it either, hopefully. So it was all good.

Last edited by sanju; 04-30-2008 at 05:27 PM.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute

Apume, I have send u a private messgae
Quote:
Do I have legal broadcasting rights of uploading this for public viewing?

Rather, is it legal to do this?

if not i can send it to your gmail...

Old 04-30-2008, 05:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope u r right man...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
For all those who are upset with the House hearing, please take it easy. Please do not expect the hearing to discuss the details of each and every GC applicant's case. The objective of the hearing was to bring the folks involved in visa bulletins and GC processing, and make them all publically say and agree that Lofgren-Sensenbrenner bill will not flood the country with new people on the borders but at the same time since the federal agencies did not do their job properly, so it would make sense to recapture the visa numbers, and that's it.

I think that this objective was achieved pretty handsomely without much opposition. So everybody was on the same page, other than Ranking member King, whose job in such meetings is to oppose whatever the committee chair is proposing. Rep. King did not have much to say as Rep. Sensenbrenner has co-sponsored the bill. Noticeably, Rep. Gutierrez supported the bill, which means Hispanic Caucus may not oppose it either, hopefully. So it was all good.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
rongha_2000 has a spectacular aura about rongha_2000 has a spectacular aura about rongha_2000 has a spectacular aura about
Default Correct, but...!!

What you say is absolutely correct, but I dont see any discussion to that effect happened today. USCIS folks painted a picture of how USCIS is increasing its efficiency and how last years surge is causing problems. There was no conclusion or even an attempt made to say "Yes, if these numbers are captured, the process will be faster." On the contrary to the question of removing the country cap the USCIS captain said "It has a resource implication.."

Hope are dying away faster than the beach sand that slips away from your hand.

Only positive thing that happened today and this is my 100th post and I graduated to senior member.

Quote:

Last edited by rongha_2000; 04-30-2008 at 05:40 PM.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1B
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Chargeability
:
Morocco
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
Mouns is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala50 View Post
"To maximize visa number usage while working off its backlog, USCIS has adopted a production strategy that focuses on completing cases where visas are immediately available and on working cases to the point just short of approval (pre-adjudication) where visas will be available in the coming months. Pre-adjudication includes completing all required background checks and resolving all eligibility issues except for visa availability. This allows for immediate approval and visa number allocation as visas become available for pre-adjudicated cases."

does it mean that if your EB3 (I) , your I485- file is not going to be looked at for the next several years?
Yes I believe that's what it means... If you date is not current or not about to become current in the next months, then your case would be unlikely to be adjucated...

Old 04-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/03/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/03/2002
Compare
my2cents is a jewel in the rough my2cents is a jewel in the rough my2cents is a jewel in the rough
Default Look Here

look here at
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

"Though we still have challenges to overcome, USCIS is currently showing improvements as a result of process improvements. As of April 25, 2008, USCIS had adjudicated over 65 percent of its FY 2008 target for employment-based visas. With five months to go in FY 2008, this is a strong start. We plan to continue implementing process improvements and new reporting mechanisms for managing these important applications. "

It means they have used 90K Visa out of 140-150K ..it means 50K visa left for next 5 month..not sure how much visa dates wlll be moved.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2005
Chargeability
:
France
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
druminator is on a distinguished road
Default Fifo

am I the only one who noticed that they admitted that although FIFO is a nice idea, it's impractical (for them) and that it's NOT how they do it (but it's written all over their literature) ?

what I got from it is: they are overwhelmed, they have not real idea of what is going on in the offices and how much it cost for the agency and the country to push people out.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is the style of the officer of USCIS of America!
Some idiot gave me a red for asking for this translation...Whoever that is, please note that not all speak Hindi and I wanted to know what the poster was saying. So, go screw yourself if you don't like it.

If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1B
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Chargeability
:
Morocco
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
Mouns is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2cents View Post
look here at

"Though we still have challenges to overcome, USCIS is currently showing improvements as a result of process improvements. As of April 25, 2008, USCIS had adjudicated over 65 percent of its FY 2008 target for employment-based visas. With five months to go in FY 2008, this is a strong start. We plan to continue implementing process improvements and new reporting mechanisms for managing these important applications. "

It means they have used 90K Visa out of 140-150K ..it means 50K visa left for next 5 month..not sure how much visa dates wlll be moved.
Let me help you here: the USCIS receive 2.5 million applications in july and august 2007 ('The surge'). For most of the ones who applied, I don't think we will see the dates move much in the near future... But I don't know so, keep the faith. Miracles are still possible

Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
sumagiri has a spectacular aura about sumagiri has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2cents View Post
look here at

For calculation purpose, I think they used up 140,000 * 85% * 65% = 77,000 (approx). Look at page 3 (last but one para) "According to DOS, applicants for adjustment of status currently account for 25% of annual family-based visa allocations and 85% of annual employment-based visa allocations."

Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts

when i said ..dont expect any improvement..i get a red dot..bummer!

this was just an eye wash...typical bureaucratic BS..

Old 04-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Some positive will come out of this discussion

I have a feeling that some positive will come out of this meeting. It might appear that USCIS is not understanding our plight. But they are made aware of our situation by this meeting. They sure will respond to our complaints.
Quote:

Old 04-30-2008, 06:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:

Hope this comes true.

Last edited by sunny1000; 04-30-2008 at 06:03 PM.