Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 01-31-2008, 03:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Default 22 and counting

My score of letters is still at 22, given a terribly busy work schedule.

In addition, the Fremont BART campaign has begun, although we need more volunteers there!

So far we have handed out about 100 letters to people hurrying out of the train station, and managed to collect 7 letters, the idea is for people to read the letter in the homes and drop off the signed letters on the next day... we will know by tonight if this is working.
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign
PD: Aug 2006. I-485: July, August 2007 @ TSC. I-485 approved on June 15, 2011
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2008, 04:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of
Default More letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4_losing_hope View Post
We have 25 letters in the works including ours! Our own x2 went off today and the other petition letters will go off in the next few days (they just need to sign and send, postage is paid for etc.) I am hoping for a few more responses to my email--the feedback and support so far has been very good. Thanks again IV!

San Francisco, CA
Hi there, I have the number at 37 now, all are arriving separately, will give you a final number to count when I have sent out the last package to the last person. We can do this, please ask all your close friends and colleagues--paying for the stamps and envelopes helps people get organized and is worth every penny.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

I've sent 8 postage paid envelopes with letters. These 8 people better have a VERY VERY good excuse if they still don't do it.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 01-31-2008, 06:28 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks a lot

^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp! View Post
I've sent 8 postage paid envelopes with letters. These 8 people better have a VERY VERY good excuse if they still don't do it.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:22 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of
Default sample letter from employer?

Does anybody have a sample letter from an employer? There are several samples in this thread which are good for letters from an individual. I am looking for something from an employer.

Thanks!

Old 01-31-2008, 08:43 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

You guys have done an amazing job on the Democratic debate question poll.... If only each one of you show the same enthusiasm in collecting and sending the letters to the President it would be sooo cool.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 01-31-2008, 10:19 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rakenair is on a distinguished road
Default Letter to Pres+ copy to IV+ poll

Done all yesterday- came to know of this site just a few days ago and really appreciate the work you guys are doing.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:27 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Please send the letters and show your trust in the organization. Lets hope all of the points will make it! If not tried before, doesn't mean we cannot try it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelofds View Post
I support any action toward a relieve for our predicament. However, I am concerned if some of these items can really be done administratively without change any legislation, like the recapture of unused visas and allowing filling of Adjustment of Status, when a visa number is not available.

Why was not this try before, since it is a lot easier than pass a legislation change thru the Congress?

Got GC in Sept 2011

Old 02-01-2008, 01:44 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

You can use the first generic template, just modify the first line to show that it is from an employer: (and print on Company Letter Head)

As the <> of <>, I write to you to fix the Employment Based Legal Immigration system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecollarslave View Post
Does anybody have a sample letter from an employer? There are several samples in this thread which are good for letters from an individual. I am looking for something from an employer.

Thanks!

Got GC in Sept 2011

Old 02-01-2008, 01:55 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default 600 Letters .. Not Enough Not Enough Not Enough

CA 252
TX 122
FL 51
Tristate 45
MD/DC/VA 15
RI 14
PA 12
MI 12
MO 11
IL 8
WA 7
MA 7
GA 7
NC 6
MN 6
OH 4
WI 3
NH 3
CO 3
KS 2
LA 2
OR 1
NV 1
NM 1
NE 1
MS 1
KY 1
AZ 1
VA 1

THANKS TO THE MEMBERS WHO DID THEIR PART .. BUT 600 IS JUST NOT GOING TO CUT IT !!!
WE MUST MUST REACH OUT TO THE THOUSANDS OUT THERE..

Following members sent more than 2 letters:
gsc999 65, digital2k 64, texanmom 53, needhelp 47, JAI-HIND 40, Rinsuper 35, abhijitp 23, aroranuj 14, santb1975 13, phoolishphool 9, CADude 7, amitjoey 5, athanga 4,

Following members sent 2 letters each:
neoklaus, puvathoor, athanga, bitu72, coolstonesa, grupak, krustycat, pamposh, rpeter, sj2273, trs80,

Following members have sent 1 letter:
485Mbe4001, abc1125, abhaykul, abqguy, absaarkhan, ajju, akhilmahajan, akumbako, alterego, amit_sp, amitps, Amma, ani123, annnuz, apahilaj, apb, apume, arnab221, arvindkappula, asanghi, asterix, asterix, axp817, axp817, baba_shashank, barrysingh, bc_rp, blueyonder, boombata, boreal, CAdude, chanduv23, checklaw, Chintu25, cjain, claudia255, continuedProgress, coopheal, crystal, Curious_Techie, CWYGC, danu2007, diesel, digital2k, dipmay2002, DoNotWorry, dpuranik, drona, dsva, eb3_nepa, english_august, espoir, fandorin1, FinalGC, firhill, frankiesaysrelax, franklin, garybanz, gatec77, gc_bulgaria, gc_check, gc_freedom, gc28262, gc4me, GCBlues, GCcomesoon, GCneeded, gcnirvana, GCoptimist, gmpa, Googler, gouthamkoneru, GTGC, Guest007, guy03062, H4_losing_hope, heathere3, hopefulgc, husamymd, immigrationvoice1, indianindian2006, inskrish, ireddy, IV_only_hope, ivvm, Jaani, jasonalbany, JayZ, jayZinDC, jfredr, jonty_11, jung.lee, kaisersose, kandhu, KanME, kannan, kavita, kevinkris, kicca, kishdam, ksefiane, kumar_bharani, kumar1, kumarc123, kushal, kvrr, Lasantha, leo2606, Libra, lonedesi, looivy, lost_in_migration, lskreddy, man-woman-and-gc, mariner5555, mbartosik, mhathi, miapplicant, mikoo, mkrishna95050, MountSoche, mpadapa, natrajs, nc14, ndbhatt, neoklaus, new_horizon, ngopikrishnan, niklshah, nitin_prabh, nitin_prabh, noman, p_aluri, pa_arora, permfiling, piyushvora, prasha98, Prashant, prinive, ps57002, ps57002, pt326bc, pune_guy, rad_ncsu, rahulpaper, rajeshalex, rakenair, ramaonline, reachinus, reachsrm, rghangrekar, rgrant, ritu_raj, rk2006, rockstart, s_dhakwa, saiimmi, saikatmandal, saimrathi, sam2006, sammyb, sanjay, sanprabhu, santosh08872, seahawks, SEP03NY, sgorla, sgupta33, singhsa3, Sri_1975, srinivas_o, styrum, subahjaani, SubaM99, sunty, swastika, sweet23guyin, thepaew, thescadaman, thoreau, Tomplate, user1205, v2neha, vamsi_poondla, vandanaverdia, velan, Venky08, venkygct, vivekm1309, Vsach, Walking_Dude, Winner, wolfpok, xela, zappy, zephyrr, zram1977

Got GC in Sept 2011

Last edited by needhelp!; 02-01-2008 at 02:01 AM.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of
Default Highlight the deadline for petition letters

Hi there, Do you think IV could add a few words on the home page about the letter and the deadline? It will be Feb 1st tomorrow and there will only be about a week to go. I really feel like it may get people to act if it is stated on the home page. It takes a while to round up the letters from supporters, and people need to use this last full week to get as many as possible!!!

51 letters as of this evening! San Francisco, CA

Old 02-01-2008, 02:29 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Your count is up to 51? Thanks!
Yeah maybe if pappu can find time to do it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4_losing_hope View Post
Hi there, Do you think IV could add a few words on the home page about the letter and the deadline? It will be Feb 1st tomorrow and there will only be about a week to go. I really feel like it may get people to act if it is stated on the home page. It takes a while to round up the letters from supporters, and people need to use this last full week to get as many as possible!!!

51 letters as of this evening! San Francisco, CA

Got GC in Sept 2011

Old 02-01-2008, 07:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/21/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
gc_dream07 is just really nice gc_dream07 is just really nice gc_dream07 is just really nice gc_dream07 is just really nice gc_dream07 is just really nice
Default Sent two

I sent two letters, but my name is not listed.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
bala50 will become famous soon enough
Default Sent 2 letters today

Thank you IV.
Sent letters to President for Admin Fix Campaign
Please Support Visa Recapture Campaign

Old 02-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Deadline needed

I second the suggestion of putting the deadline of Feb 9th in bold red on the main page. Hopefully the admin will have the time to do this.

Deadlines motivate people.