Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options
Click to log in with Facebook
Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options Discussion related to transferring priority date of old green card file to a new file after 140 approval.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts

One reson may be that lot of people used approved labor to file AOS before July.
Quote:
Originally Posted by somegchuh View Post
This visa bulletin sounds really weird. Are there really that many ppl that converted from EB3 to EB2. Back to 2000? That just doesn't add up. I thought 2001/2002 cases were rare and now they are saying there are ppl using up numbers from 2000?
Well, I guess ppl who got stuck in BEC's got really the raw deal. First you get stuck for 4-5 years waiting to get even EAD and then you get severe retrogression....
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/05/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangutan View Post
Hmmmm, let me think.May be it is time to find a Citizen to marry.

So far contributed $100
Crazy...!!!

Old 12-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts

Who will be there in Eb2 who applied in on 2000. I think only handful of persons will be there who applied in 2000. It means EB2 limit is almost reached now. Now only if any unused cases from Eb1 will be allocated to Eb2 and eb3. Also in 4th quarter unused other country quotas will be allocated to India and China. Time is favorable for USCIS to take sweet revenge on what happened for July 2007 VB. I think mostly 2009 some changes may happen to increase number of gc. Every year H1b quota also reached very soon and last year situation became worse but that was not enough to get attention of congress. Will GC issue will get attention in 2008? Wait and see

Old 12-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United States
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Maverick1 has a spectacular aura about Maverick1 has a spectacular aura about Maverick1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
I'm an EB3 ROW, so I'm in the same boat like most of you.
Just wondering, why would we contribute?
No, I'm not asking what do we want to solve, but "how" ?
in other words where will the money go?

I'm not against anyone here? But, I've been reading the word "contribute" a few thousand times on these forums, but haven't yet to come to a place explaining in even the slightest details what will be done with those contributions to help our cause. Probably, lobbying needs money, for non US citizens, like myself and most of you, we need to understand why does it need the money, how much has been given? Also, what does Patton Boggs do for IV, and how much money does it need?
Is there a "budget" page on IV?

Please give me some productive answers, so that me and many others can happily contribute.

I know some will criticize my questions, but maybe answering those in a productive way would even bring in more contributions from "convinced" people?
If you have read the previous posts on this topic you would know.
It is not possible to put all account details on a public web site. If you are really interested you can get in touch with some of the core members. They will be happy to help you understand it.

Goodluck

Last edited by Maverick1; 12-11-2007 at 06:43 PM.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/05/2003
Chargeability
:
Austria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute
Default sorry

Did not realize it would quote the whole thing....first time quoting....oops

[quote=JazzByTheBay;204375]When quoting others - if the original post is LONG, could you snip part of that long list of countries to avoid readers having to scroll endlessly to the end of your post? OK, maybe next time?

Old 12-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthil1 View Post
Who will be there in Eb2 who applied in on 2000. I think only handful of persons will be there who applied in 2000. It means EB2 limit is almost reached now. Now only if any unused cases from Eb1 will be allocated to Eb2 and eb3. Also in 4th quarter unused other country quotas will be allocated to India and China. Time is favorable for USCIS to take sweet revenge on what happened for July 2007 VB. I think mostly 2009 some changes may happen to increase number of gc. Every year H1b quota also reached very soon and last year situation became worse but that was not enough to get attention of congress. Will GC issue will get attention in 2008? Wait and see
Yep, this year USICIS is almost done with EB2-India at least as per bulletin. That's the reason Jan 2000 date and following excerpt from bulletin:

D. INDIA EMPLOYMENT SECOND PREFERENCE CUT-OFF DATE RETROGRESSION FOR JANUARY

It has been necessary to once again retrogress the India Employment Second preference cut-off date. This is a direct result of continued heavy applicant demand for numbers by CIS for adjustment of status cases despite the retrogression which occurred for December. It is likely that the annual limit for this category will be reached within the next few months, at which time the category would become “unavailable” for the remainder of fiscal year 2008.

I suspect lot of name check prisoners with Eb2 tag were released and that could be the formost reason behind this severe effect.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Imho

Members should join a state chapter, and once verified, can be given the required information by the chapter leaders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
I'm an EB3 ROW, so I'm in the same boat like most of you.
Just wondering, why would we contribute?
No, I'm not asking what do we want to solve, but "how" ?
in other words where will the money go?

I'm not against anyone here? But, I've been reading the word "contribute" a few thousand times on these forums, but haven't yet to come to a place explaining in even the slightest details what will be done with those contributions to help our cause. Probably, lobbying needs money, for non US citizens, like myself and most of you, we need to understand why does it need the money, how much has been given? Also, what does Patton Boggs do for IV, and how much money does it need?
Is there a "budget" page on IV?

Please give me some productive answers, so that me and many others can happily contribute.

I know some will criticize my questions, but maybe answering those in a productive way would even bring in more contributions from "convinced" people?

Old 12-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
oliTwist has a spectacular aura about oliTwist has a spectacular aura about

We are all bug time screwed

Old 12-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all

Everyone is frustrated...yes, but we need to put things in perspective:

"The INA caps the total number of employment-based immigrant visas (green cards) that may be issued in any fiscal year. The cap was raised in 1976 from 34,000 to 58,000 annually, and in 1990 to 140,000, which is the present level."

I found the above in: http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.g...11_8-23-07.pdf

So basically, in 1990, after a 14 year gap, the limit on employment GC was more than doubled from 58,000 to 140,000. So now, almost in 2008, after a near 18 year gap, we're still at the 1990 level. Think about that...

I just don't see a point in filling up 20-30 pages on a visa bulletin thread. Instead, we should work with IV to get congressional action on this. The earliest I see us being able to do something is when we get the new democratic government in place. The last time something was done for immigrants was when Bill Clinton was in office...

Old 12-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of
Default Suggestion: A Press Release is in order...

To register IV leadership's and members' thoughts, or an analysis of how it impacts us. The PR should be posted to the IV web site and dispatched to media through the usual channels.

[Personally, I'm not too perplexed by the visa bulletin, but a large cross-section of the IV population who couldn't see this coming seems to be shell-shocked... ]

cheers!
jazz
Proud member of IV California/NorCal
I was in Washington, D.C.

on Sep 18th 2007

---------------------------------------------

Old 12-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2003
Compare
trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of
Default something to ponder about

1. If there are cases pending with PD before 2000 then why USCIS processed so many EB2 last month (Nov'2007) for 2002, 2003, 2004 PD. Why didn't they process people with PD before 2000?

2. When people port their PD from EB3 to EB2, what happens to their EB3 application? Are they still in the system as pending and is that the reason EB3 dates are not moving? Is it possible that USCIS now have two pending application for one person who ported his/her PD from EB3 to EB2?

3. Why DOS is not giving any explaination for EB3-India movement? The PD for EB3-India is stuck at Apr/May'2001 since Jun'2006 ?

4. This Jun/Jul 2007, USCIS approved 18000 EB3 India cases. Thats 6 years of annual quota and EB3 PD is back to May'2001. So the EB3-India PD didn't move a single day even after 18000 approval, how is that possible?

5. Why there were so many EB2 approval in last 2months and very few (almost none) approvals for EB3?

Last edited by trueguy; 12-11-2007 at 07:16 PM.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
bala50 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueguy View Post
1. If there are cases pending with PD before 2000 then why USCIS processed so many EB2 last month (Nov'2007) for 2002, 2003, 2004 PD. Why didn't they process people with PD before 2000?

Instead of saying U/A they just moved it to 2000

2. When people port their PD from EB3 to EB2, what happens to their EB3 application? Are they still in the system as pending and is that the reason EB3 dates are not moving? Is it possible that USCIS now have two pending application for one person who ported his/her PD from EB3 to EB2?

Multiple 140s may be there but Only one 485 should be pending. But with USCIS we may never know.

3. Why DOS is not giving any explaination for EB3-India movement? The PD for EB3-India is stuck at Apr/May'2001 since Jun'2006 ?

DOS gives an explanation , only if a substantial change is about to occur (forward or back ward) in dates.

4. This Jun/Jul 2007, USCIS approved 18000 EB3 India cases. Thats 6 years of annual quota and EB3 PD is back to May'2001. So the EB3 PD didn't move a single day even after 18000 approval, how is that possible?

means many many more EB3 india applications are pending

5. Why there were so many EB2 approval in last 2months and very few (almost none) approvals for EB3?

because EB 3 was heavily retrogressed

Sent letters to President for Admin Fix Campaign
Please Support Visa Recapture Campaign

Last edited by bala50; 12-11-2007 at 07:22 PM.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
h_shaik is a name known to all h_shaik is a name known to all h_shaik is a name known to all h_shaik is a name known to all h_shaik is a name known to all h_shaik is a name known to all
Default Gone with the wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_hoosier View Post
If the PDs moving back is due to artificial demand ,doesnt that also mean that once the anomaly is corrected, the PDs would move forward again ?

It seems nobody interested to answer your question as every one is busy in quest of "The solution". I have not seen a single response to your query. I do belive that once the anomaly is corrected the dates will move forward. I also guess that they(USCIS) might be in a phase of revamping their whole process for that reason they are trying to clean up the backlog.

It's just my guess.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2003
Compare
trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of
Default Doesn't make sense

bala50,

None of your answer sounds logical even though you are telling the fact based on how USCIS/DOS is operating these days.

These are the valid questions that IV should get answer for. We should contact Mr Ombudsman and try to get these answers.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of
Default Positive thinking... me likey...

Of course, there may be some perceived benefits to being delusional... they've escaped me so far...

jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_shaik View Post
It seems nobody interested to answer your question as every one is busy in quest of "The solution". I have not seen a single response to your query. I do belive that once the anomaly is corrected the dates will move forward. I also guess that they(USCIS) might be in a phase of revamping their whole process for that reason they are trying to clean up the backlog.

It's just my guess.
Proud member of IV California/NorCal
I was in Washington, D.C.

on Sep 18th 2007

---------------------------------------------