Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 08-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz2009 View Post
Krithi: Can you please let me know how to go to Adv Parole side. Although we have had them but have never used them before. So I need to guide my wife towards this AP area.

So in order to show or use AP my wife has to go and line up in the visa queue OR she has to go to Permanent Resident/Citizens side and from there they will route to this AP check/processing area. Please advise.

Sorry with my fundamental questions but I have never used my APs till now.

Krithi kindly reply or anybody else who can help with my questions/clarification mentioned above kindly help me.

Thanks a lot
Best Regards,
You have to go and line up in the visa line NOT citizens/PR line (since you are not one). Just carry all relevant docs - EVL (if applicable), receipt notice copy of 485, both originals of AP, etc...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gkattalu is just really nice gkattalu is just really nice gkattalu is just really nice gkattalu is just really nice
Default Received the CPO email

My wife and I just received the email about card production order. And, ou4 case status has changed on the website to CPO. I wish good luck to all of you. In case it helps, anyone, our details:

Priority date: Feb 26, 2006
I-485 Receipt date: Jul 27, 2007

Steps taken:
SR opened for my petition around July 17th: Response stated that my petition was in the adjudications department, and was for an officer to be assigned.
Status enquiry through the local congresswoman Aug 12th: Same result as my SR.
SR opened for my wife Aug., 10th: No response yet
Infopass appointment on Aug. 16th: Both petitions with an officer since Aug. 12th.

I appreciate the forum and all the support it offers. Donated last month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrishn View Post
I hear you. Goodluck to us!

Old 08-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future

My final update on I485 journey

PD: Feb 27, 2006
Class: Eb2 India
Service Center Texas
Filed Aug 10th 2007
RFE Aug 16th 2008 for Birth Certificate
CPO email Aug 4th 2010
Decision email Aug 5th 2010
Approval I 797 letter in snail mail Aug 9th 2010
Post Decision Activity email Aug 11th 2010
Soft LUD on I 485 Aug 12th 2010
Welcome Letter in snail mail Aug 16th 2010
Physical Green Card Aug 18th 2010

PS: I did NOT open any SR or contact seneator or ask lawyer to get in touch with USCIS. Just waited patiently. Did my Finger Printing in October 2007. No FP after that did paper filing for EAD & AP so no FP for those as well. My advise is to hang in there. Not to open too many SR's but thats entirely upto your discretion. Some people swear it helped them for my case I did not use that option.

Hope this date line helps those who are waiting for their cards. Good luck to every one on forum. I will still be supporting IV and contributing to Wiki as always.
Called CHC and other law makers
Contacted Local Congressman for support to Immigration bills.

Last edited by rockstart; 08-20-2010 at 11:25 AM.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
hopeforgcfast is on a distinguished road
Default CPO email received

We finally got the CPO email for my wife and I today morning.
Had done all the follow-up like SRs, Infopass, Congressman inquiry. Not sure what worked.
After 10 years, we are finally greened. I sincerely hope for everyone who is current to be greened in time.

Some details:
EB2, priority date Oct 22, 2005
NSC
FP done only once in 2007

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Congrats

Ha ha Congrats....

Story of my life. I complain about delay with my application. Someone joins me and tells me they are in the same boat and the very next day that someone leaves the boat and jumps into "greener" pastures. Everyone is leaving the boat and I seem to be left out

Who else are in my boat? (Application with an officer for over 2 weeks and still status = "Initial Review")

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkattalu View Post
My wife and I just received the email about card production order. And, ou4 case status has changed on the website to CPO. I wish good luck to all of you. In case it helps, anyone, our details:

Priority date: Feb 26, 2006
I-485 Receipt date: Jul 27, 2007

Steps taken:
SR opened for my petition around July 17th: Response stated that my petition was in the adjudications department, and was for an officer to be assigned.
Status enquiry through the local congresswoman Aug 12th: Same result as my SR.
SR opened for my wife Aug., 10th: No response yet
Infopass appointment on Aug. 16th: Both petitions with an officer since Aug. 12th.

I appreciate the forum and all the support it offers. Donated last month.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold

Dude, what makes you feel better? let me try, my case pd is Mar 18th 2005, RD july 2nd 2007 and ND July 28th 2007.
It is assigned to officer on 28th June, no issues with case, all are in place like name check, background check, finger prints valid till next year, officer touched my case on july 12th and 28th, no RFE sent so far as per IO and don't know why it is still sitting on officers desk. I did everything SR, 2 infopass, senators, congresswomen, Ombudsman, NSC follow up emails, SCOPSSCATTA email, nothing worked so far.

I think you will leave the boat before me, good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyinsd View Post
Ha ha Congrats....

Story of my life. I complain about delay with my application. Someone joins me and tells me they are in the same boat and the very next day that someone leaves the boat and jumps into "greener" pastures. Everyone is leaving the boat and I seem to be left out

Who else are in my boat? (Application with an officer for over 2 weeks and still status = "Initial Review")

Old 08-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold
Default My words!

My words exactly...

He should be happy that his case is atleast being looked at unlike others who really have no clue when it will be picked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
Dude, what makes you feel better? let me try, my case pd is Mar 18th 2005, RD july 2nd 2007 and ND July 28th 2007.
It is assigned to officer on 28th June, no issues with case, all are in place like name check, background check, finger prints valid till next year, officer touched my case on july 12th and 28th, no RFE sent so far as per IO and don't know why it is still sitting on officers desk. I did everything SR, 2 infopass, senators, congresswomen, Ombudsman, NSC follow up emails, SCOPSSCATTA email, nothing worked so far.

I think you will leave the boat before me, good luck.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gkattalu is just really nice gkattalu is just really nice gkattalu is just really nice gkattalu is just really nice

Buddyinsd,

Please hang in there. I am sure you will get yours card soon...

For various reasons, I got my greencard 14 years after entering this country and 14years after getting my Ph.D. Life throws up challenges and we have to face them with courage.

Quote:
Ha ha Congrats....

Old 08-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
bindoke is a glorious beacon of light bindoke is a glorious beacon of light bindoke is a glorious beacon of light bindoke is a glorious beacon of light bindoke is a glorious beacon of light

Buddy i am in the same boat

Old 08-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future

There are many who are in the same boat where cases are in transit or with an officer for quite some time. I wished USCIS processes the case in order of PD rather than in a random fashion. Also they need to do it at TSC and NSC.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
andycool is a name known to all andycool is a name known to all andycool is a name known to all andycool is a name known to all andycool is a name known to all andycool is a name known to all

Quote:
Ha ha Congrats....

Me....

SR ...on Aug 02 ...Response ..> Under review ...wait 60 days
Info pas...on Aug 06...> with officer wait 30 days..

Old 08-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
gc_aug_2010 will become famous soon enough
Default how do u know

Quote:
Congrats...Not sure whats happening with my case The officer is just sitting on it. It went to his desk on Aug 3
How did you find out exactly which day it went to an officer?

Old 08-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanx

Thanx to Libra, skidude, vkrishn, gkattalu, bindoke, andycool ....

I feel much better. These are trying times for sure.

Loads of work at the office, moving from one city to another and above all...this frustrating wait --- Its 2 much 2 handle. But I'm with u guyz...I think I shud just STFU N wait.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanx to Libra, skidude, vkrishn, gkattalu, bindoke, andycool ....

I feel much better. These are trying times for sure.

Loads of work at the office, moving from one city to another and above all...this frustrating wait --- Its 2 much 2 handle. But I'm with u guyz...I think I shud just STFU N wait.
For all those waiting for approval, its does help to find out if a visa number has been requested for your application. My understanding is that all the applications which are ready for adjudication are moved to a separate area and visa number is requested for those.Infact if you can find out (I think the guys at Infopass only have access to that information. Not sure if the level 2 service does) it helps. If a visa number has been assigned or requested for your application it will get approved.

I am not sure if assigned to an officer or with an officer status has any material value when it comes to approval unless a visa number has been requested.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
rnanchal is infamous around these parts rnanchal is infamous around these parts
Default Approval

Hello everyone

Wanted to let everyone know of my experience. I dont physically have my card, but there is an approval notice on the USCIS website.

Priority date October 20th 2005

I opened a service request on Monday August 16th. The person on the other end of the line was extremely polite and nice. I told him I had a speaking engagement in Canada (which is the truth) and that if my case was expedited, I would not have to apply for a visa. He given me a SR number and asked me to wait for 30 days which I was prepared to do. However my case status changed online on August 19th. I am unsure as to whether this was because of the service request or things would have taken this route anyway.

Best wishes to people who are waiting