Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 08-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hotash13 is infamous around these parts

njboy

How do u think EB2 jumped 3 years. I guess you read immigration news. Then u would know that EB category captured extra visas from FB.

If u add all the visa numbers it adds up to at least 12k and it could be more. But its a guess.

You are EB3, I wish u all the best.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

njboy

here is a website that might help u answer a few questions

Latest Immigration News

Old 08-06-2013, 06:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute

I also upgraded to eb2. That's why I was asking how you arrived at the #12k applicants would have filled for 485. I know 18k got transferred from family to eb2 but that doesn't give an estimate of how many people filed for eb2. I was just wondering if you had a solid piece of info

Old 08-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

you should be current and u can file for your I485.

I posted the website in my last post, check that out.

you will get current aswell, if you ported to EB2

wish u all the best

Old 08-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks, yes I'm current

Old 08-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Try the website i posted and that will help u answer most of your q's

This website is good but not as good as the other one.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
virat is on a distinguished road

Hotash13,
Congrats on you getting current! I can read your happiness from your posts. Good Luck. Follow up with USCIS within a month if you dont get your approval else dates will move back to 2006ish from Oct.

As far as movement in EB2 dates are concerned its not entirely from the FB spillover, it also has some EB spillover, as you can see all EB1 is current which leaves all the spillover numbers for oldest EB2 for the last quarter (July-Sept). The 18K FB numbers have been already allocated since Apr13 (look at the demand data of Apr 2013). The dates will move back again in Oct as the numbers from EB3 porting will be enough to consume all the number, and you will see movement again July/Aug 2014 unless we see the CIR pass.
Attended 2012 San Jose Rally
-------------------------------------------------------

Old 08-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

virat, so are you current now?

Old 08-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
virat is on a distinguished road

Read my signature
Attended 2012 San Jose Rally
-------------------------------------------------------

Old 08-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

cool..congrats!

Old 08-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Virat

Thanks for the insight, but I am more hopeful this time around.

The demand is only till April 2013 and from it, their is plenty of room for them to get their act together. 18k is alot to use up and if you add all the demand plus people porting will be enough to cover up.

CIR is not going to pass and hope nobody is banking on it.

Congrats to you anyway.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotash13 View Post
CIR is not going to pass and hope nobody is banking on it.
CIR is not going to pass because you are current and you never bothered to take part in IV it when you were near getting current.

Stop stopping other guys who are sincerely trying to get CIR passed. You can take your current status and enjoy calling USCIS asking for status every hour of your life.

It takes a lot of character to become unselfish and make a sincerely effort to solve a problem in life.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

imh1b

Let me get u some facts before u think i am selfish. I also have a lot of character and i am just stating the truth/fact, i know it hurts.

We have a problem with our deficit and you think they are worried about immigrants like us or illegals. I was in the EB3 till about three months ago. I am not trying to piss people off.

I work hard for my money and my status. I came here legally to do all the stuff, like u did.

You think passing the bill is going to make the problem go away. Their will be more illegals coming and they will expect the same kind of treatment. You allow it once, you have to allow it in the future. Illegal is illegal. You waited for how many years to get or going to get GC. You think someone who came here illegally deserves it.

I am not boasting of getting current, i would have to waited for 10 years too.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotash13 View Post
imh1b

Let me get u some facts before u think i am selfish. I also have a lot of character and i am just stating the truth/fact, i know it hurts.

We have a problem with our deficit and you think they are worried about immigrants like us or illegals. I was in the EB3 till about three months ago. I am not trying to piss people off.

I work hard for my money and my status. I came here legally to do all the stuff, like u did.

You think passing the bill is going to make the problem go away. Their will be more illegals coming and they will expect the same kind of treatment. You allow it once, you have to allow it in the future. Illegal is illegal. You waited for how many years to get or going to get GC. You think someone who came here illegally deserves it.

I am not boasting of getting current, i would have to waited for 10 years too.
A lot of people have holier than thou attitude because they think they are legal. This is all in the mind and reality is very different. Such immigrants have never analyzed news stories and politics. They have only analyzed USCIS backlog data, predictions and approval trends.

At the end of the day we are all workers illegal or legals. It does not really matter. The whole illegal and legal distinction is created as a facade to split opinion, get votes and political contributions.

This is a capitalist country where power lies with the richest 1%. All efforts have to be to influence this 1% to get favorable rule of law. Everyone else pays more taxes. Even illegals pay taxes in the sales tax, toll tax and if they have a fake SSN. So paying taxes or being legal means zero. It is just a good argument to post and feel good about yourself by saying I am legal and pay taxes.

After you get greencard maybe you will stop coming to trends and predictions websites and focus more on understanding the country. Then you will see that law making in this country is very different from India where you are from.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

You know i am from UK not India, i was born there. Hence politics is the same as USA.

Why are we arguing on this, talk to your senator about this he might help u better.

I am just stating that it might not work out. All the best for the future.