Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 05-29-2007, 06:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PD_Dec2002 is a jewel in the rough PD_Dec2002 is a jewel in the rough PD_Dec2002 is a jewel in the rough
Default EB GC cutoff date: May 15, 2007; NOT May 21 2007.

Posting this since almost every thread has the question about the cut-off date after which all LCs or I-140s will be invalidated.

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2007,0530-endelman.shtm

Excerpt from "http://www.ilw.com/articles/2007,0530-endelman.shtm" posted earlier, the cutoff date is May 15, 2007; NOT May 21 2007. (Thanks to "cnag" for finding this link).

... ...
Wait, there is more! The end of employer-sponsored immigration and the inauguration of the points system do not take place at the same time. No kidding, there are two different dates when the old is no good and the new becomes available. If you can contain your excitement and read the finer points of Section 502(d)(1) of S. 1348, you will discover that the point system does not take effect until the first day of the fiscal year following enactment, unless (and there always is one) this is less than 270 days. What then? Not to fear. In that case, the point system does not "go live" until the first day of the FOLLOWING fiscal year. Keep reading! The point system in clause (1) is made expressly subject to clause (2) which has few surprises in store. It is not for the uninitiated or the faint of heart. These tender souls should protect their blood pressure and keep on reading. Pursuant to Section 502(d)(2), only those employment-based immigrant petitions on Form I-140 filed before the introduction of S. 1348 on May 15th will remain valid and serve as the basis for an immigrant visa after enactment. So what, you say? Well, suppose that President Bush signs the bill on September 10th 2007. That is the date of enactment. Now, the points system waits until October 1, 2008, the first day of the second fiscal year following enactment. From September 10, 2007 until October 1, 2008, over one year, we will have no employment-based green cards! You heard me right friend, no employer sponsorship based on anything after May 15th 2007 and no points system. This is Pat Buchanan's dream come true- an entire fiscal year without any green cards being issued on the basis of employment!
... ...

Thanks,
Jayant

Last edited by logiclife; 05-29-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute

And I thought it could not be worse than what we already got
What are they going to do next... Put us in Guantanamo Bay detention camp.... for being immigrants ...and that too legal...and that too high skilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PD_Dec2002
Posting this since almost every thread has the question about the cut-off date after which all LCs or I-140s will be invalidated.

Excerpt from "http://www.ilw.com/articles/2007,0530-endelman.shtm" posted earlier, the cutoff date is May 15, 2007; NOT May 21 2007. (Thanks to "cnag" for finding this link).

Now, the points system waits until October 1, 2008, the first day of the second fiscal year following enactment. From September 10, 2007 until October 1, 2008, over one year, we will have no employment-based green cards! You heard me right friend, no employer sponsorship based on anything after May 15th 2007 and no points system. This is Pat Buchanan's dream come true- an entire fiscal year without any green cards being issued on the basis of employment!
... ...

Thanks,
Jayant
Attended the 18th Sep rally in DC.
Sent Letters to White House and phone calls to congressmen.
Completed all action items for HR 3012 & requested friends as well.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future

I thought Guantanamo was being closed soon. They might ship us to detention centers in Afganistan or Iraq. Hope they have more high tech jobs there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_in_migration
And I thought it could not be worse than what we already got
What are they going to do next... Put us in Guantanamo Bay detention camp.... for being immigrants ...and that too legal...and that too high skilled.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wearing arm bands like the Jews

They will make H1b visa holders wears arm bands like the Nazis made jews wear . Then they will make us live in ghettos and drive us out all at once . How much worse can this get .

Old 05-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute

Genocide is what is left maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnab221
They will make H1b visa holders wears arm bands like the Nazis made jews wear . Then they will make us live in ghettos and drive us out all at once . How much worse can this get .

Old 05-29-2007, 06:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare

Guantanamo may be kept open just for us .... and they will charge us $5000/$10000 per extension which is due per year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCard_Dream
I thought Guantanamo was being closed soon. They might ship us to detention centers in Afganistan or Iraq. Hope they have more high tech jobs there.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default For those

For those who were waiting for lawyers to confirm our fears that those whose 140 was filed or to be filed after May 21 2007 will be forced to let go of their GC file and use the new points based merit system......you have lawyer's answer.

And the interpretation of IV core and lawyers is the same. THE INTRODUCTION DATE of the bill is the cut-off date for pending or approved 140s to be allowed under old system.

Actually their interpretation is that the intro date of bill was May 15th and not May 21 as IV core has stated previously.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:48 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aeroterp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This is Pat Buchanan's dream come true- an entire fiscal year without any green cards being issued on the basis of employment!
... ...

Thanks,
Jayant

That's not true. They will still process backlogged applications filed prior to the introduction of the bill. Considering the current backlog, none of the applications for FY2008 from India and China would have been considered during that period anyway. This would only matter if you were from a non-retrogressed country. As far as the points system is concerned, your priority date doesn't matter anyway as only your point score will be considered.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future
Default what Endelman is trying to say

Quote:
That's not true. They will still process backlogged applications filed prior
when he says no green cards will be issued he means no I-140s will be
approved which is true.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold

We have to send BIG "THANK YOU" card who wrote this bill.. It has written by NumberOne or Far Left Democrats or What?? Some one is smoking crack/pipe when writing

Quote:

... ...
Wait, there is more! The end of employer-sponsored immigration and the inauguration of the points system do not take place at the same time. No kidding, there are two different dates when the old is no good and the new becomes available. If you can contain your excitement and read the finer points of Section 502(d)(1) of S. 1348, you will discover that the point system does not take effect until the first day of the fiscal year following enactment, unless (and there always is one) this is less than 270 days. What then? Not to fear. In that case, the point system does not "go live" until the first day of the FOLLOWING fiscal year. Keep reading! The point system in clause (1) is made expressly subject to clause (2) which has few surprises in store. It is not for the uninitiated or the faint of heart. These tender souls should protect their blood pressure and keep on reading. Pursuant to Section 502(d)(2), only those employment-based immigrant petitions on Form I-140 filed before the introduction of S. 1348 on May 15th will remain valid and serve as the basis for an immigrant visa after enactment. So what, you say? Well, suppose that President Bush signs the bill on September 10th 2007. That is the date of enactment. Now, the points system waits until October 1, 2008, the first day of the second fiscal year following enactment. From September 10, 2007 until October 1, 2008, over one year, we will have no employment-based green cards! You heard me right friend, no employer sponsorship based on anything after May 15th 2007 and no points system. This is Pat Buchanan's dream come true- an entire fiscal year without any green cards being issued on the basis of employment!
... ...

Thanks,
Jayant

Old 05-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinmuck is infamous around these parts
Default Please do not trivialize the Holocaust

Please guys, I understand the frustration we're all going through but do not compare it to what happened to the Jews under the Nazis. We are indeed in a bad situation but comparing it to genocide is too much.

I have seen pictures of the Holocaust and still get nightmares.

Just keep things in perspective and have faith in God and your destiny.
Remember, the bill hasn't passed yet. It still has to go through the House of Representatives.

Last edited by stuckinmuck; 05-29-2007 at 07:10 PM.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
reddysn is on a distinguished road

You have atleast God to keep faith in. What about non-beleivers like me?
I am just keeping faith in IV though.

ramus and tikka fyi ,just in case you may jump in, I already sent web faxes and mailed and ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinmuck
Just keep things in perspective and have faith in God and your destiny.

Last edited by reddysn; 05-29-2007 at 07:22 PM.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold

You too good. I wish everybody does same.

Thank you so much..

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddysn
I am just keeping faith IV though.

fyi --
ramus and tikka ,just in case you may jump in, I already sent web faxes and mailed and ...

Old 05-29-2007, 07:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddysn
I am just keeping faith IV though.

ramus and tikka fyi ,just in case you may jump in, I already sent web faxes and mailed and ...

Thank you!

Old 05-29-2007, 07:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
missourian is on a distinguished road
Default Pls answer

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I am a new member

My PD is 02/01/2005, my labour cert got approved in 03/01/2006,

I applied EB3 I40 on 05/18/2007 and got approved on 05/23/2007

Considering the scenario is my I140 invalid?