Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/04/2008
Compare
xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcisadawg View Post
This comparison is childish!
Just turn it upside down and compare it with about 1.2 billion Indians and 14 million Jewish people. You would find the same/similar variation. Nobel prize is not child's play! It requires tremendous amount of luck, facilities, opportunities etc which the Jewish people managed to get and combined with their skills and minds.

Another question you have to look at is how many in that list are post world war II and of that, how many were from well established/endowed laboratories of US, UK, Germany and other western nations?

My post is not to question the skills/minds of Jewish people but to highlight the tremendous opportunities they got as opposed to Muslims in Muslim countries or Indians in India.

-GCisaDawg
The comparison should be regarded in proper light.

The Palestinians are supported by Syria, Libya, Iran and Iraq. The support is only limited to large scale violence against Israel and the West.
No wonder the unemployment rate is very high on the whole in the middle east. Syria has very high rate of unemployment (30%), corruption, population growth with low industrial and agricultural productivity.

And yes, Israelis have done far better than Indians. However, if India were to indulge in terrorism and proxy wars like Pakistan does, it would be regarded as another failed nation and the middle class that you see growing stronger every day will get weaker. Industrial output will go down and joblessness would be rise even among the middle class and the nation will go to the dogs like Pakistan has.

As far as opportunities are concerned , its not excuse any nation can put forth. Every nation creates its own opportunities by focussing on economic growth.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2009, 11:07 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
Belize
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
masaternyc is infamous around these parts masaternyc is infamous around these parts masaternyc is infamous around these parts masaternyc is infamous around these parts masaternyc is infamous around these parts masaternyc is infamous around these parts masaternyc is infamous around these parts masaternyc is infamous around these parts masaternyc is infamous around these parts masaternyc is infamous around these parts masaternyc is infamous around these parts
Default Do u support the thread???

[quote=xyzgc;312192]The comparison should be regarded in proper light.

After all innocent blood is flown you don't support this thread??? Are u one of those who killed Christians in India???

Old 01-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/24/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2007
Compare
ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

[quote=masaternyc;312198]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzgc View Post

After all innocent blood is flown you don't support this thread??? Are u one of those who killed Christians in India???

No! I am the one who used to send the retarded whack jobs like to you to mental asylum in India who also used to have illusion that they are from Belize and they are EB2 candidates.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/03/2011
Compare
desighee is a jewel in the rough desighee is a jewel in the rough desighee is a jewel in the rough desighee is a jewel in the rough

Agreed.when it comes to numbers 1.1 billion Indians failed to win too many nobel prize.
But consider this:
1)Hats off to our founding fathers,After independence Indians long time ago recognized that only way to prosper is by education and advancement in science and technology.That's why they set up ace quality world class educational institutes like IITs and IIMs.No wonder India is on the verge of becoming an educational superpower and is the biggest outsourcing hub.Indian society like its western counterpart also evolved into a open society which values virtues like freedom,education,hard work etc. India joined Non aligned movement to that effect to have an independent foriegn policy,

2)Pakistan on the other hand , had been busy planning distruction of India,annex Kashmir,
disintegrate India and to somehow achieve an 'equal' status to its bigger neighbour.
Its shortsighted founding fathers fed the masses a heavy dose of Anti India rehtoric.
They never recognized the need of having ace quality educational institutes or churing out world class professionals.Pakistan's myopic founding fathers also failed to appreciate the role of industries in nation building,
No wonder you don't see any top notch paki universities,world class industries or too many paki intellectuals on an international platform.

You cannot survive on hate.In Pakistan's case their hate strategy has boomeranged on itself .

Recently a US senator was asked this question:
"India has so many poor people living in utterly miserable condition but you talk about other failed nations like somalia and pakistan why?"

His anwer was "atleast people in India are going in the right direction and they have a hope"

Quote:
This comparison is childish!
Just turn it upside down and compare it with about 1.2 billion Indians and 14 million Jewish people. You would find the same/similar variation. Nobel prize is not child's play! It requires tremendous amount of luck, facilities, opportunities etc which the Jewish people managed to get and combined with their skills and minds.

Another question you have to look at is how many in that list are post world war II and of that, how many were from well established/endowed laboratories of US, UK, Germany and other western nations?

My post is not to question the skills/minds of Jewish people but to highlight the tremendous opportunities they got as opposed to Muslims in Muslim countries or Indians in India.

-GCisaDawg

Old 01-22-2009, 12:02 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
Belize
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
masaternyc is infamous around these parts masaternyc is infamous around these parts masaternyc is infamous around these parts masaternyc is infamous around these parts masaternyc is infamous around these parts masaternyc is infamous around these parts masaternyc is infamous around these parts masaternyc is infamous around these parts masaternyc is infamous around these parts masaternyc is infamous around these parts masaternyc is infamous around these parts
Default Arkbird

What made you eb2?? Fraudulent obtained labor like xyzgc too???
Us doesn't need software smart, they need street smart!

Old 01-22-2009, 12:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/04/2008
Compare
xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=masaternyc;312198]
Quote:

to masternyc:
dude, first you said I did labor porting. I already told you I didn't. Then you called me mother of morons for not supporting a thread which talks about revoking labor subs. I already told you its not feasible and that chapter is now closed. Then you again said I did fradulent labor porting with an assumption that all subs are fraud.
Now, you are saying I support killing of christians or rather I killed christians.

conclusion - you are retarded. I'm very surprised folks like you made it thus far.

Last edited by xyzgc; 01-22-2009 at 12:09 AM.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

To xyzgc & desighee,

My post was just to point out the flaws in comparison. Nothing more, nothing less.
I believe in the potential of human beings. A curious mind, given an opportunity, would open the doors of imagination and reach places that its forbears haven't reached. That's how we got cooked meat, stone tools, wheel to YouTube....For sure, this list would keep growing even after you and I submit to the will of nature!

I don't want to drag myself in this conversation. I have tried enough to stop this hate slinging match but in vain.

"He's Kenya, he's Kansas. He's Harvard, he's Chicago. He's black, he's white!"
YES, He's Barack Obama! It's time to celebrate his ascendancy!

peace,
GCisaDawg

Last edited by gcisadawg; 01-22-2009 at 01:20 AM.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
To xyzgc & desighee,

My post was just to point out the flaws in comparison. Nothing more, nothing less.
I believe in the potential of human beings. A curious mind, given an opportunity, would open the doors of imagination and reach places that its forbears haven't reached. That's how we got cooked meat, stone tools, wheel to YouTube....For sure, this list would keep growing even after you and I submit to the will of nature!

I don't want to drag myself in this conversation. I have tried enough to stop this hate slinging match but in vain.

"He's Kenya, he's Kansas. He's Harvard, he's Chicago. He's black, he's white!"
YES, He's Barack Obama! It's time to celebrate his ascendancy!

peace,
GCisaDawg
Ya, lets start another Hero's worship. That is what we are all looking for, all the time. From ages, our genes are conditioned to always look for a hero, a savior, someone to rescue us. As if we are in deep hole and we are so insecure, morally, spiritually, and financially. That's why we are looking for someone to uplift us. Isn't that why we look upon some figures in our history as "Gods". In recent past, there was another hero's worship. That was for George W. Bush. I was there to witness it and so were many others. We all know what happened. We failed. Yes, George Bush did not fail, we failed ourselves with this hero's worship, lifting our guard and not keeping the check, following our "hero" blindly, and setting ourselves for failure. As if that was not enough, lets try that again, and again repeat it all over, lets do the same thing that caused our failure the last time. Simple change the character, replace Bush character with Obama character, and re-do the same thing all over again, yes, lets now do Obama hero's worship, and wait for a different outcome. I think there is a medical term to describe the disease when someone does the same thing over and over again, expecting different result. But thats ok, lets do what we have been designed to do, as we inherited the genes from our ancestors to do hero's worship when we feel vulnerable. Lets give up the brain trust and expect for a miracle from our "NEW" found hero. Lets all drop our guard because we cannot question our savior our hero, and trust that everything he will do is kosher. Lets redefine the word kosher synonymous to our "NEW" found hero. Some hero, some humans, some brain trust ....

"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

Last edited by sanju; 01-22-2009 at 01:53 AM.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/04/2008
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
Ya, lets start another Hero's worship. That is what we are all looking for, all the time. From ages, our genes are conditioned to always look for a hero, a savior, someone to rescue us. As if we are in deep hole and we are so insecure, morally, spiritually, and financially. That's why we are looking for someone to uplift us. Isn't that why we look upon some figures in our history as "Gods". In recent past, there was another hero's worship. That was for George W. Bush. I was there to witness it and so were many others. We all know what happened. We failed. Yes, George Bush did not fail, we failed ourselves with this hero's worship, lifting our guard and not keeping the check, following our "hero" blindly, and setting ourselves for failure. As if that was not enough, lets try that again, and again repeat it all over, lets do the same thing that caused our failure the last time. Simple change the character, replace Bush character with Obama character, and re-do the same thing all over again, yes, lets now do Obama hero's worship, and wait for a different outcome. I think there is a medical term to describe the disease when someone does the same thing over and over again, expecting different result. But thats ok, lets do what we have been designed to do, as we inherited the genes from our ancestors to do hero's worship when we feel vulnerable. Lets give up the brain trust and expect for a miracle from our "NEW" found hero. Lets all drop our guard because we cannot question our savior our hero, and trust that everything he will do is kosher. Lets redefine the word kosher synonymous to our "NEW" found hero. Some hero, some humans, some brain trust ....
I completely agree with you. However, desighee and I aren't supporting some hero worship. You are going off at a tangent here.

gcisadog was trying to say muslims got less opportunities which is why they have produced fewer nobel prize laureates. Our point is every nation creates its opportunities and the notiom that muslims have less opps so they have less prizes, muslims are unemployed so some of them are terrorists is wrong. Nations must focus on economic growth. They have compete with each other on economic front as opposed to terrorism.

Folks who think Obama has some magic wand are mistaken. I didn't even bother to watch his inauguration. My folks did it back in India though. I hold the main street equally responsible as compared to the wall street for the housing crash. You can blame everything on George Bush but its not going to get you anywhere.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I completely agree with you. However, desighee and I aren't supporting some hero worship. You are going off at a tangent here.

gcisadog was trying to say muslims got less opportunities which is why they have produced fewer nobel prize laureates. Our point is every nation creates its opportunities and the notiom that muslims have less opps so they have less prizes, muslims are unemployed so some of them are terrorists is wrong. Nations must focus on economic growth. They have compete with each other on economic front as opposed to terrorism.

Folks who think Obama has some magic wand are mistaken. I didn't even bother to watch his inauguration. My folks did it back in India though. I hold the main street equally responsible as compared to the wall street for the housing crash. You can blame everything on George Bush but its not going to get you anywhere.
Muslim nations have the largest and most important wealth of natural resource on the planet - the black gold. They have not taken any advantage because of their natural resources, but they don't miss a chance to cry foul over the spilt milk.

In olden days, Nobel Prize was instituted by western world to honor westeners. To keep the sanctity of Nobel Prize, this has changed in recent years and it is now awarded in larger numbers to the people from around the globe. But hell, who cares, middle-eastern nations have so much oil money, they can start their own prize, lets say - Alladin Prize for peace, giving out $10 million (instead of 1 million given by nobel prize). That will diminish the value of nobel prize. Have your own guys on the panel and give Hamas the Alladin Prize for peace, telling others what a peace loving organization Hamas is. You see, these awards are all a sham, a tool to promote your view point and doesn't mean much. Although I like you mention it here, because these stats help to support/promote my view point .

Folks "WANT" to think that Obama has magic wand. So they will not listen even if you tell them otherwise. You and I will be branded as racist for saying this. But you see, the way it works is, most mistakes are created by leaders when the larger population has lowered their guard giving leaders the free pass to do anything. After 9/11, most part of the population believed Bush and supported the war. The same people who fiercely advocated for the iraq war, later blamed Bush administration for the war. But that 80% population of the country were at fault for iraq war because they let their guard done, and with 80% approval ratings and hero's worship Bush started the war.

Now comes Obama, and we see the history repeat itself. And that's when we see major mistakes. I think it is in Obama's long term interest, and in the best interest of US and this world, if people don't get involved in hero's worship.

"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

Last edited by sanju; 01-22-2009 at 02:39 AM.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:33 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/24/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2007
Compare
ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by masaternyc View Post
What made you eb2?? Fraudulent obtained labor like xyzgc too???
Us doesn't need software smart, they need street smart!
I am not EB2... Read my profile "Street Smart"

Old 01-22-2009, 04:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

dude, let me repeat, what I was trying to say was that, numbers to numbers comparison is incorrect. Most of those noble price came from American labs. Atleast three Indian Nobel Laureates were western trained ( Khorana, Chandra, Sen). When given opportunities, even Indians and Muslims would excel just like Jewish people. We agreed both Indians and Muslims had a poor population to Nobel prize ratio.

You conveniently attributed the sentence "muslims are unemployed so some of them are terrorists is wrong" to me! I never argued in that line.

If you blame me for hero worship, you are right-on. Dude, I can't worship him enough.
As an immigrant and a minority, we have to be always on the right side of law and a single mistake can set us back beyond repair and we have to perform at a level that exceeds that of a majority in a similar situation. To top it, time and again, we would be called to prove the patriotism and suppress the unique cultural identity just to blend in.

I see a parallel in Obama's life. Obama faced all those situations above and came out unscathed. That is the triumph of hope over fear! And that inspires me like I've never been inspired before! People worshiped Bush because he conveniently used religion and his born-again friendship with God to win over the gullible. It is not the case with Obama!

I hope I can get my GC just in time so that I can volunteer for his re-election campaign. :-)

Last edited by gcisadawg; 01-22-2009 at 04:39 AM.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/03/2007
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/08/2007
Compare
kuhelica2000 is a jewel in the rough kuhelica2000 is a jewel in the rough kuhelica2000 is a jewel in the rough

I thnak you for trying to find out the history. but if you follow your own information, you will see Jews were always the minorities and who expelled them from all over the world? well ask the Europeans and the americans.
Quote:
When Israel expelled Palestinians

By Randall Kuhn

January 14, 2009

"Think about what would happen if for seven years rockets had been fired at San Diego, California from Tijuana, Mexico." Within hours scores of American pundits and politicians had mimicked Barak's comparisons almost verbatim. In fact, in this very paper on January 9 House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer and House Minority Whip Eric Cantor ended an opinion piece by saying "America would never sit still if terrorists were lobbing missiles across our border into Texas or Montana." But let's see if our political and pundit class can parrot this analogy.

Think about what would happen if San Diego expelled most of its Hispanic, African American, Asian American, and Native American population, about 48 percent of the total, and forcibly relocated them to Tijuana? Not just immigrants, but even those who have lived in this country for many generations. Not just the unemployed or the criminals or the America haters, but the school teachers, the small business owners, the soldiers, even the baseball players.

What if we established government and faith-based agencies to help move white people into their former homes? And what if we razed hundreds of their homes in rural areas and, with the aid of charitable donations from people in the United States and abroad, planted forests on their former towns, creating nature preserves for whites to enjoy? Sounds pretty awful, huh? I may be called anti-Semitic for speaking this truth. Well, I'm Jewish and the scenario above is what many prominent Israeli scholars say happened when Israel expelled Palestinians from southern Israel and forced them into Gaza. But this analogy is just getting started.

What if the United Nations kept San Diego's discarded minorities in crowded, festering camps in Tijuana for 19 years? Then, the United States invaded Mexico, occupied Tijuana and began to build large housing developments in Tijuana where only whites could live. And what if the United States built a network of highways connecting American citizens of Tijuana to the United States? And checkpoints, not just between Mexico and the United States but also around every neighborhood of Tijuana? What if we required every Tijuana resident, refugee or native, to show an ID card to the U.S. military on demand? What if thousands of Tijuana residents lost their homes, their jobs, their businesses, their children, their sense of self worth to this occupation? Would you be surprised to hear of a protest movement in Tijuana that sometimes became violent and hateful? Okay, now for the unbelievable part.

Think about what would happen if, after expelling all of the minorities from San Diego to Tijuana and subjecting them to 40 years of brutal military occupation, we just left Tijuana, removing all the white settlers and the soldiers? Only instead of giving them their freedom, we built a 20-foot tall electrified wall around Tijuana? Not just on the sides bordering San Diego, but on all the Mexico crossings as well. What if we set up 50-foot high watchtowers with machine gun batteries, and told them that if they stood within 100 yards of this wall we would shoot them dead on sight? And four out of every five days we kept every single one of those border crossings closed, not even allowing food, clothing, or medicine to arrive. And we patrolled their air space with our state-of-the-art fighter jets but didn't allow them so much as a crop duster. And we patrolled their waters with destroyers and submarines, but didn't even allow them to fish.

Would you be at all surprised to hear that these resistance groups in Tijuana, even after having been "freed" from their occupation but starved half to death, kept on firing rockets at the United States? Probably not. But you may be surprised to learn that the majority of people in Tijuana never picked up a rocket, or a gun, or a weapon of any kind. The majority, instead, supported against all hope negotiations toward a peaceful solution that would provide security, freedom and equal rights to both people in two independent states living side by side as neighbors. This is the sound analogy to Israel's military onslaught in Gaza today. Maybe some day soon, common sense will prevail and no corpus of misleading analogies abut Tijuana or the crazy guy across the hall who wants to murder your daughter will be able to obscure the truth. And at that moment, in a country whose people shouted We Shall Overcome, Ich bin ein Berliner, End Apartheid, Free Tibet and Save Darfur, we will all join together and shout "Free Gaza. Free Palestine." And because we are Americans, the world will take notice and they will be free, and perhaps peace will prevail for all the residents of the Holy Land.

Randall Kuhn is an assistant professor and Director of the Global Health Affairs Program at the University of Denver Josef Korbel School of International Studies. He just returned from a trip to Israel and the West Bank.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
Muslim nations have the largest and most important wealth of natural resource on the planet - the black gold. They have not taken any advantage because of their natural resources, but they don't miss a chance to cry foul over the spilt milk.

In olden days, Nobel Prize was instituted by western world to honor westeners. To keep the sanctity of Nobel Prize, this has changed in recent years and it is now awarded in larger numbers to the people from around the globe. But hell, who cares, middle-eastern nations have so much oil money, they can start their own prize, lets say - Alladin Prize for peace, giving out $10 million (instead of 1 million given by nobel prize). That will diminish the value of nobel prize. Have your own guys on the panel and give Hamas the Alladin Prize for peace, telling others what a peace loving organization Hamas is. You see, these awards are all a sham, a tool to promote your view point and doesn't mean much. Although I like you mention it here, because these stats help to support/promote my view point .
I agree with you, yes, you need opportunities and world class labs to get a noble prize in science, but you do not need them in fields like literature and peace. The bitter irony is that a movie which gets recognition here by western audiences will get Oscar. The perception that we have the best, brightest, biggest, largest, strongest people here in US just shows the arrogant (sometimes ignorant) nature of the people here. An unsung author in some remote corner of a non western country penning classics in his own language is not recognized at all…

I remember a Kannada movie “Ranganayaki” made in 1981. It had the story of a young man who unknowingly falls in love with his own mother. The story in brief from wikipedia is below…

“The movie explores the nuance of Oedipus Complex. The heroine, a popular theatre artist, falls in love with a rich, young man. They eventually get married and beget a child. But the heroine is bored of married life and wants to dabble in acting since that has always been her passion. The husband refuses and leaves the town with his child. The heroine gets a lucky break in cinema and becomes a household name. Years later, as fate had it, a young man falls in love with the heroine and she reciprocates his love. She encounters her ex-husband and pleads him to show her son just for once. But as fate has it doesn’t happen, and she goes in deep depression and commits suicide, too late for the young lover who realises that he had fallen in love with his own mother.”.

It was a beautifully made movie and the director deserves all the credit for having the guts for making a movie out of that story. The director was well known in Karnataka for making excellent movies, but not many from outside the state knew him let alone people from other countries....So what is the criteria for giving such awards?..

Old 01-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future
Default Pakistan

India got independance in 1947. India is born as a secular country. Pakistan born as a muslim country because the then muslim leaders want to rule a country by themselves. If Jinnah made a PM for undivided India, Pakistan will not exist. This is politics take religion as cover.

Pakistan then want to expel or kill all non muslims there. But India kept their minorities. Pakistan want to divide India into many countries. The result is they got divided (Bangladesh).

Pakistan teach their children in madrassa, not by the public schools. Elite send their kids to christian schools, they rule the country by using religion as their cover to make poor people as fools.

What they teach the students ???. They have a history from 1947 only. Old history not about the freedom struggle. Their history about cruel Hindu kings rule the country from long time, eventually the saviours from middle east (invaders) came and liberate the people and give real god instead of hindu gods. They teach the kids to demonise anything with India. India invaded muslim land like Kashmir etc.... Every Pakistani have obligation for jihad to liberate muslims from kafirs rule. Muslims are greater than anybody. So muslim will ruled by themselves only. They cannot rule by other religious people.

They are spending their GDP for defence, ISI to destabilize , bleed India than to spend for nation building. All hatred. They are happy to be poor, if same happen to India. The kids in pakistan terrorism is a carrier option. They get money and free pass into paradise. Saudi money is using for this.

Now they are reaping, what they sowed.

Indians are looking to get a Job in out side county and earn money. Pakistan sending guys with AK-47 to kill.
Indians want to get dollars as reward for their work. Pakistan jihadis want 72 virgins from so called paradise.
Indian excel in IT, science and technology. Pakistanies want to make Trojens, virus, web hacking. Use science to a tool to kill more aka misiles, bombs, atom bombs.

So they will get 'NOBEL PRIZE' FOR 'BEST JIHAD'
This is the typical case of most rougue Muslim coutry.
This post is regarding why muslims get few NOBEL PRIZES.

Last edited by dealsnet; 01-22-2009 at 12:43 PM.