Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > PERM Processing
Click to log in with Facebook
PERM Processing Labor processing through PERM

Old 07-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nixone will become famous soon enough
Default Help with the prevailing wage

My manager has requested the prevailing wage from the SWA, but he has not received that yet. I am wondering if there is a way to find the prevailing wage, so he does not have to wait to hear from the SWA, so he can post on-site job opening. I was able to find the prevaling wage, but it has four different wages and was not sure which one to use. If anybody is kind to help me, here is the info:

Title: Operations Research Analyst
Education: Master's degree req.
Experience: 3-5 years related exp. req.
NO training req. in the job opportunity
NO experience req. in the job offered

Thanks for your time and help.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute
Post you can try

www.salary.com for your job title and zip of the job location ... this will give you a idea about the market salary but not sure if you can use this for any official purpose or not ...

FYI ... I searched for the job title you mentioned for my zip code and got 5 different results ... if that helps ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixone View Post
My manager has requested the prevailing wage from the SWA, but he has not received that yet. I am wondering if there is a way to find the prevailing wage, so he does not have to wait to hear from the SWA, so he can post on-site job opening. I was able to find the prevaling wage, but it has four different wages and was not sure which one to use. If anybody is kind to help me, here is the info:

Title: Operations Research Analyst
Education: Master's degree req.
Experience: 3-5 years related exp. req.
NO training req. in the job opportunity
NO experience req. in the job offered

Thanks for your time and help.

Greened on 07/11/2011 @ TSC

Old 07-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I do not think that is how you determine the prevailing wage, but thanks for the link and suggestion. You need to start here: http://www.flcdatacenter.com/ and click "FLC Wage Search Wizard" and go from there.

The link below gives the wage ranges for my title, but was not sure which one to pick. That was all I was asking. Basically, I am having difficulty figuring out the LEVEL.

http://www.flcdatacenter.com/OesQuic...ear=9&source=1

Old 08-22-2008, 02:00 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United States
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
st4rguitar will become famous soon enough st4rguitar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixone View Post
I do not think that is how you determine the prevailing wage, but thanks for the link and suggestion. You need to start here: http://www.flcdatacenter.com/ and click "FLC Wage Search Wizard" and go from there.

The link below gives the wage ranges for my title, but was not sure which one to pick. That was all I was asking. Basically, I am having difficulty figuring out the LEVEL.

http://www.flcdatacenter.com/OesQuic...ear=9&source=1
If it's a master's plus more than 3 years of experience, it will likely come back as a level 3 or 4. It would be wise to have your employer or whomever has filed the Prevailing Wage Request give a call to the SWA. I have never worked with Utah, but most of the SWA's I have worked with throughout the country are pretty accommodating if your PWR has been processing for more than a month or so without response.

Please note that I am NOT ASSOCIATED with this law firm! All of my answers are based on my experience filing PERM cases since its inception in March 2005, and filing TR/RIR Labor Certifications since May 2004. I also work with many I-140's and I-140 substitution cases. I do some I-485s/I-129s/I-539s, but these are not my areas of expertise.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by st4rguitar View Post
If it's a master's plus more than 3 years of experience, it will likely come back as a level 3 or 4. It would be wise to have your employer or whomever has filed the Prevailing Wage Request give a call to the SWA. I have never worked with Utah, but most of the SWA's I have worked with throughout the country are pretty accommodating if your PWR has been processing for more than a month or so without response.
Thanks st4rguitar. We did receive the PW in less than one week by fax. But it says the wage level is 1 and the rate is $16.03 per hour. I am afraid that is going to be too low for EB2 category.

It looks like she did not realize that we have asked for 3 years of experience. Or may be it does not make a difference if the experience asked is not on the position offered, but related field.