Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Fingerprinting during 485 stage
Click to log in with Facebook
Fingerprinting during 485 stage All issues related to fingerprinting process, FP notices etc.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
small2006 has a spectacular aura about small2006 has a spectacular aura about
Default No FP yet but PD is current

Hi Folks,
I am one of those guys who has EAD/AP and as per the latest (Aug 08) bulletin, my PD is current.

I just called USCIS and got my 3rd service request number since Oct 2007. So far nothing has happened.

I want to know if this is going to have a negative impact on my 485 approval in anyway? Am I not supposed to have my FP done before they can approve my 485? Isn't that a pre-requisite? I just don't want to miss one more boat due to USCIS screw ups.

Please advise/suggest...

Thanks.

Moderator: apologies for cross-posting but I needed an answer soon.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by small2006 View Post
Hi Folks,
I am one of those guys who has EAD/AP and as per the latest (Aug 08) bulletin, my PD is current.

I just called USCIS and got my 3rd service request number since Oct 2007. So far nothing has happened.

I want to know if this is going to have a negative impact on my 485 approval in anyway? Am I not supposed to have my FP done before they can approve my 485? Isn't that a pre-requisite? I just don't want to miss one more boat due to USCIS screw ups.

Please advise/suggest...

Thanks.

Moderator: apologies for cross-posting but I needed an answer soon.
I am in the same boat. I spoke to my Attorney and she says, it is not an issue. They will ask for finger prints when they start looking at your case.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future

open a infopass, go to a local service center, they will schedule and u get it done, Dont loose this great chance.

I waited, opened SR's with 0 luck. Then i tried above and it worked. Luckily they scheduled same day as inforpass for me.
Attended DC rally
NC state chapter http://groups.google.com/group/iv-nc

Old 07-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/16/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute

When I went recently for my EAD renewal FP (I deliberately e-filed EAD renewal to get this FP notice, and it came fast), I took a copy of my I485 receipt notice, and explained to them that I have been waiting for that other FP for almost a year (never opened SR). They promptly took both FPs (code-1 for I485 and code-2 for EAD), and also told me I should never have waited this long, and instead should have contacted them (I guess they meant by Infopass) after 2-3 months.
Donated $200 (after receiving Green Card)
US Citizen Sep '14

Old 07-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInTheMuck View Post
When I went recently for my EAD renewal FP (I deliberately e-filed EAD renewal to get this FP notice, and it came fast), I took a copy of my I485 receipt notice, and explained to them that I have been waiting for that other FP for almost a year (never opened SR). They promptly took both FPs (code-1 for I485 and code-2 for EAD), and also told me I should never have waited this long, and instead should have contacted them (I guess they meant by Infopass) after 2-3 months.
I was not aware that you needed an FP for EAD renewal as well. Could you please clarify? I always had thought that FP is related to 485 and not EAD. Am I wrong?

Also, not sure which Infopass center you went to, but my center happens to be San Antonio and I have already been there twice before for expediting EAD/AP for my wife and we also asked them about finger printing then and they said they are not an "authorized" center for that although the USCIS rep I spoke to told me to go there.

I have anyway taken another info pass appointment there again just to try my luck again.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/16/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by small2006 View Post
I was not aware that you needed an FP for EAD renewal as well. Could you please clarify?
You can get EAD without FP (the card will say "Fingerprint not available"), but if you e-file your renewal application, you will get a call for FP (paper-filing renewal does not require FP). As I said, I deliberately e-filed for that FP call so I can get into the local USCIS office, and then persuade them to take my I485 FP as well.
US Citizen Sep '14

Last edited by StuckInTheMuck; 07-11-2008 at 02:32 PM.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
ys2jax is on a distinguished road
Default what options to choose for infopass

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoindiano View Post
open a infopass, go to a local service center, they will schedule and u get it done, Dont loose this great chance.

I waited, opened SR's with 0 luck. Then i tried above and it worked. Luckily they scheduled same day as inforpass for me.
what options did you choose while selecting infopass appt

-----------------------
the first screen gives 5 options
1. You need Service on a case that has already been filed
2. You are a new Permanent Resident and have not yet received your permanent Resident Card
3. You want to file an application in person
4. You need information or other services
5. You need a form.
---------------------------------
I selected #1 and it give 4 more options but I am not sure which one to select for FP

Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.
Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.
EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.
Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

can you throw some light. Thanks

Old 07-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
mani_r1 is infamous around these parts
Default Which ASC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInTheMuck View Post
Where was your finger printing? Did you talk to any IO there? My EAD FP is scheduled and I will try to utilize the chance if possible.

Thanks

Old 07-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
Default San Antonio center

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_r1 View Post
Where was your finger printing? Did you talk to any IO there? My EAD FP is scheduled and I will try to utilize the chance if possible.

Thanks
FYI: I know you didn't direct the question to me but just thought I'd let you know my experience there.

The two times that I have been there, I was told that they don't do anything with EB GC applications. Instead they are a strictly family based GC processing center. That must be BS because when I talk to USCIS they ask me to go there 'coz that's the nearest but when I go there, nothing happens.

I'd like to hear from anybody else who have any experience going to San Antonio center. (Fourwinds Drive location).

Old 07-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future
Default FP is a issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
I am in the same boat. I spoke to my Attorney and she says, it is not an issue. They will ask for finger prints when they start looking at your case.
FP is a definite requirement before AOS is adjudicated. No fp will delay decision. Remember 'low-hanging-fruits' once visa numbers are available

Old 07-11-2008, 08:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of
Default Get a Infopass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheela View Post
FP is a definite requirement before AOS is adjudicated. No fp will delay decision. Remember 'low-hanging-fruits' once visa numbers are available
You are correct, Folks who hasn't got the FP done, and their dates are current ( AUG 08 VB), Get a Infopass. It doesn't hurt you, but it may help your case

Old 07-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/16/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_r1 View Post
Thanks
It was in Jacksonville (FL). When I was called inside for EAD FP, I gave the lady (who was taking the FP) a copy of my I485 receipt notice, and told her that I still haven't got FP notice for that, even after 11 months (I am a July 2 filer). She briefly talked to her superior (it seemed they are well aware of this issue), took the code-3 (combining code-2 for EAD and code-1 for I485) biometrics for me and my wife, and stamped on both our original EAD notice and the I485 receipt copy. She also told me to ignore the separate I485 FP notice that will be mailed to me (apparently the machine generates this notice automatically when my file is accessed, but haven't got it yet).
US Citizen Sep '14

Last edited by StuckInTheMuck; 07-11-2008 at 08:29 PM.