Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 06-13-2006, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ragz4u is on a distinguished road
Post What is IV doing/why are IV core members not as active as before

First of all, IV is not dead and nor have the core members decided to give up. I read a comment regarding this somewhere and its just ridiculous to even think we would come so far to give up now! Hell no...we are in it until we get our jobs done!

At the same time please realize that before the Senate bill was out, most of us were putting in close to 20 hours a week. Because of this, a lot of our personal commitments were put aside. Before the senate bill got approved, we could not let our guard down as we would have missed our chance.

Hence we literally put our lives on hold and worked towards educating senators about our plight. Fortunately it all worked out well.
Now since the senate bill is out of the way, we have to wait for the conference committee. We are still looking into this as intensely as before but since literally no-one knows when the conference committee legwork will begin, we are just taking a breather from the forums (only).

Just FYI, a couple of the core members changed residences, one had a baby, another one was transferred to another state 500 miles away and some of us can finally see the sun (not very common in the NorthWest in case you did not know)! Since we could not pay attention to all these things while the senate bill was gathering steam, we are taking advantage of this lull to do our due diligence to our 'real' full-time jobs, houses, kids and spouses

At the same time, please do not be under the misconception that we have completely stopped work. Aman and Shilpa are in DC today to meet with a very very powerful Congressman and see if we can get more info regarding CIR. Also, we will start looking at other vehicles like SKIL bill etc in due course. We had three conference calls last week and they all went beyond 2 hours and 15 mins!

So, please keep on visiting IV. We will provide you information as soon as it is available to us. Get yourself fully charged so that we can all put in maximum efforts for the battles ahead of us!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
velan is on a distinguished road
Default Take rest

Take rest guys, we have one more long battle ahead (House-Senate conference commitee).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragz4u
First of all, IV is not dead and nor have the core members decided to give up. I read a comment regarding this somewhere and its just ridiculous to even think we would come so far to give up now! Hell no...we are in it until we get our jobs done!

At the same time please realize that before the Senate bill was out, most of us were putting in close to 20 hours a week. Because of this, a lot of our personal commitments were put aside. Before the senate bill got approved, we could not let our guard down as we would have missed our chance.

Hence we literally put our lives on hold and worked towards educating senators about our plight. Fortunately it all worked out well.
Now since the senate bill is out of the way, we have to wait for the conference committee. We are still looking into this as intensely as before but since literally no-one knows when the conference committee legwork will begin, we are just taking a breather from the forums (only).

Just FYI, a couple of the core members changed residences, one had a baby, another one was transferred to another state 500 miles away and some of us can finally see the sun (not very common in the NorthWest in case you did not know)! Since we could not pay attention to all these things while the senate bill was gathering steam, we are taking advantage of this lull to do our due diligence to our 'real' full-time jobs, houses, kids and spouses

At the same time, please do not be under the misconception that we have completely stopped work. Aman and Shilpa are in DC today to meet with a very very powerful Congressman and see if we can get more info regarding CIR. Also, we will start looking at other vehicles like SKIL bill etc in due course. We had three conference calls last week and they all went beyond 2 hours and 15 mins!

So, please keep on visiting IV. We will provide you information as soon as it is available to us. Get yourself fully charged so that we can all put in maximum efforts for the battles ahead of us!

Old 06-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2005
Compare
raydhan has a spectacular aura about raydhan has a spectacular aura about raydhan has a spectacular aura about
Default Thanks

ragz4u,
Thanks for the update. All the core members deserve a breather (a long one). Congratulations to the core member (my guess is Shiva a.k.a. admin) who had a baby. All your healths and personal lives are more important than the Green Cards. Also, we cannot afford you guys falling sick at crucial junctures in this process.
Don't worry about the comments made by some members. As you can well imagine everyone is losing patience in this process. But we all know that IV is there for us.

We can and we will WIN!!!

Old 06-13-2006, 06:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute

The Core group actually deserves a 2 week vacation in Hawaii after this war is won

Ragz thanks for the update, i guess this shud silence anyone who thinks IV is dead. An update like this once every 2-3 weeks till the conference committee is formed will do everyone some good.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
for_gc is infamous around these parts for_gc is infamous around these parts
Default An update like this once in a while is really good!!!

Although we totally understand that the core team needs to re-charge their batteries and souls an update like this once in a while is really good for other Members's health as well

Last edited by for_gc; 06-14-2006 at 11:40 AM.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:12 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stucklabor is on a distinguished road
Default Bump

Bumping this thread up on the "Latest posts" on home page.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light
Default update

did aman and shipa meet the congressman yesterday?

Old 06-14-2006, 01:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/08/2006
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jasonalbany is on a distinguished road
Default Let's be patient!

First, we should thank IV core member's hard work. Without their hard work, it is hard to say the Senate's Bill can be get approved. Now, no one knows what will happen in the future. But the core members are still working towards our objectives. The only thing we can do it to be patient and enjoy your life.

Old 06-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stucklabor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabadaba
did aman and shipa meet the congressman yesterday?
They did but we cannot disclose any details. Please be patient. Remember what happened with the Managers' amendment, when we didn't disclose any details. We would rather fly under the radar.

That being said, let me repeat: we are a small overlooked part of the current ongoing debate about legalization and temp workers. We don't know when the Conference will start, if at all. We cannot influence those events.

Last edited by stucklabor; 06-14-2006 at 04:54 PM.

Old 06-14-2006, 07:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Serbia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
felix31 will become famous soon enough felix31 will become famous soon enough
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by stucklabor
They did but we cannot disclose any details. Please be patient. Remember what happened with the Managers' amendment, when we didn't disclose any details. We would rather fly under the radar.

That being said, let me repeat: we are a small overlooked part of the current ongoing debate about legalization and temp workers. We don't know when the Conference will start, if at all. We cannot influence those events.
We will keep our fingers crossed. Although we are ALL curious as to what is happening and all that - I agree with you 100% that flying under the radar is the best policy..

We support you guys as always..
God bless!

Old 06-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
go_gc_way is on a distinguished road
Smile Taking time to say Hello to IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragz4u

ragz4u , Thank you for your hard work.

I presonally do not know any other org. coming together to help us like this .. 20 hours a week , keeping personal priorities on hold is TOO MUCH.

May be I think you are 'disclosing' what you are doing currently to answer questions on Forum , but my suggestion is you can be generic -- for Trust is important. I believe all Forum members trust you.

My congratulations to Forum members who had a baby.

Good luck to Folks who are starting at a new place.

I will keep visiting the Forum.

Old 06-15-2006, 12:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
file485 is on a distinguished road

Good luck to all the core team and their efforts...

you are the only hope we have in this GCjourney,unable to decide which turn to take in life..Ther is no single noon/night that passed without thinking of the mess we are in...

I have full confidence in their efforts and are not the kind to give up until something is done...

Big Cheers to the IV Team..

Old 06-15-2006, 10:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
gimme Green!! is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks Core Team!!

Thanks Core Team for all the effort and sacrifices.

Old 07-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jimi_Hendrix will become famous soon enough
Default Don't want to beat the dead horse but.....

Let me just turn it on the side instead

IV Core team, part of what keeps us going and supporting you all and ourselves is some small update about what direction you guys are walking in and any small updates that do not threaten 'national security'

Kindly post some update to keep our spirits high.

Old 07-06-2006, 01:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good humor

The CIR horse looks like dead. But no one is sure about it. Neither they want to go near it to inspect it status nor they want to stay away from it very further. Neither they want it to be live nor to be dead unless some SKIL horse is confirmed to be live and kicking.

Your idea is good. Just go near and turn it aside to see whether there is any heartbeat. Comeback and stay away immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi_Hendrix
Let me just turn it on the side instead

IV Core team, part of what keeps us going and supporting you all and ourselves is some small update about what direction you guys are walking in and any small updates that do not threaten 'national security'

Kindly post some update to keep our spirits high.