Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 07-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default A job well done! Now next steps

Guys,
Flower campaign was a unique and wonderful idea. Must admit, I was a skeptic myself but no longer anymore.
While the Iron is hot, why not we interview our soilders at the Naval hospital and get their support also. A video interview that could be posted on you tube would be wonderful. This is bound attract further attention. I live in NJ so travelling down to DC will not feasible but I can support this making reasonable monetary contribution.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Sanjeev
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Next step rally at White House....

We Want To Fish Where There Is Fish!!!!!

Old 07-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default You need bait to catch a fish

But sometimes you have to put a bait to attract the fish. And I was talking about the bait. America cares about their soilders. Words coming from their mouth will be effective. The very same words will also help draw attention of the white house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsach
We Want To Fish Where There Is Fish!!!!!

Old 07-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold

Interview with injured soldiers is a bad idea, they already had much with life, you go and trouble them with your problems. Nope i dont think so. propose something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhsa3
Guys,
Flower campaign was a unique and wonderful idea. Must admit, I was a skeptic myself but no longer anymore.
While the Iron is hot, why not we interview our soilders at the Naval hospital and get their support also. A video interview that could be posted on you tube would be wonderful. This is bound attract further attention. I live in NJ so travelling down to DC will not feasible but I can support this making reasonable monetary contribution.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Sanjeev

Old 07-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why not send flowers to the LAWMAKERS In DC Instead?

Guys why not send flowers to the LAWMAKERS in their DC offices. After all Congress is the ONLY entity that can hold an enquiry!

Old 07-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

I respect you opinion. No my intention is not to trouble any one. I respect their sacrifices.
Their very sacrifices make them ideal for supporting our cause. I believe, our cause is just and we are fighting for something which is very dear to us all. This I find is the common ground with our soilders. I would like to hear opinions of other member also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra
Interview with injured soldiers is a bad idea, they already had much with life, you go and trouble them with your problems. Nope i dont think so. propose something else.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
delhirocks will become famous soon enough

Quote:
But sometimes you have to put a bait to attract the fish. And I was talking about the bait. America cares about their soilders. Words coming from their mouth will be effective. The very same words will also help draw attention of the white house.
Why would the soldiers support our cause?

Old 07-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare
conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future
Default This is what we should do next

With a successful flower campaign to USCIS, we must draw our conclusions from this success, and use the outcome to make the San Jose rally a success.

Please note that legal immigrants is a small handful set of people. Just a usual rally/demonstration will not make a dramatic impact. We have learned from the flower campaign that if we use innovative-peaceful ways of demonstrations, and manage Public Relations and Media well, we can be successful once again.

Please think and try to come up with some ideas. I have come up with these four ideas:

1. Project Martin Luther King Jr. as our hero in these rallies: Please understand that local Amrican people better understand about Martin Luther King Jr. andhis idealogy then M.K. Gandhi. My suggestion is that we should include large picture posters of Martin Luther King Jr. with a slogan "We legals too have a dream". We should also take Gandhi's posters. There is a possibility that all Black American organization may lend their support to us.

2. An act that attracts media attention: Please remember the scene from Gandhi movie when protesters led by Gandhi peacefully burned their resident permits in South Africa. To do something similar and show our symbolic protest against USCIS, we can publically burn a Photocopy of our H1B approvals (I-797). Please note that we are not asking people to burn the original I-797 approval but a photocopy of the document. This will send a message that taking the great pain in obtaining these legal documents are not helping us getting a better treatment by USCIS. This act will perfectly portrey the pain of legal immigrants and once again will attract media and newsprint to keeps us in headlines. This should be part of our demonstrations.

3. Waive American Flags: Please understand that recent media reports that only Indians are responsible for the flower campaign may hurt the campaign in the longer term. Please waive small American flags and show our solidarity with local Americans.

4. Distrubute a flower with a pamphlet to the people passing by at the demonstration site. A well worded paper will be required that can project our problems to the people.

Please share if you come up with innovative ideas to make these rallies a huge success.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

It is difficult but plus they are also not allowed to make any political statements.
But if they can at least acknowledge the receipt of flower and wish us best of luck in our endeavor , that will work as well. That will be another victory for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by delhirocks
Why would the soldiers support our cause?

Old 07-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
saimrathi is on a distinguished road
Smile

I agree.. if they actually recd the flowers, why not show it.. it will be like completing the loop.. USCIS screws GC aspirant, GC aspirant sends flowers to USCIS in protest, USCIS sends it to Walter Reed, soldier recieves it and is happy .. and wishes GC aspirant good luck...

Quote:
It is difficult but plus they are also not allowed to make any political statements.
But if they can at least acknowledge the receipt of flower and wish us best of luck in our endeavor , that will work as well. That will be another victory for us.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Interesting ideas, I liked 2,3 and 4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by conchshell
2. An act that attracts media attention: Please remember the scene from Gandhi movie when protesters led by Gandhi peacefully burned their resident permits in South Africa. To do something similar and show our symbolic protest against USCIS, we can publically burn a Photocopy of our H1B approvals (I-797). Please note that we are not asking people to burn the original I-797 approval but a photocopy of the document. This will send a message that taking the great pain in obtaining these legal documents are not helping us getting a better treatment by USCIS. This act will perfectly portrey the pain of legal immigrants and once again will attract media and newsprint to keeps us in headlines. This should be part of our demonstrations.

3. Waive American Flags: Please understand that recent media reports that only Indians are responsible for the flower campaign may hurt the campaign in the longer term. Please waive small American flags and show our solidarity with local Americans.

4. Distrubute a flower with a pamphlet to the people passing by at the demonstration site. A well worded paper will be required that can project our problems to the people.

Please share if you come up with innovative ideas to make these rallies a huge success.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
god_bless_you is on a distinguished road

Good Ideas!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchshell
With a successful flower campaign to USCIS, we must draw our conclusions from this success, and use the outcome to make the San Jose rally a success.

Please note that legal immigrants is a small handful set of people. Just a usual rally/demonstration will not make a dramatic impact. We have learned from the flower campaign that if we use innovative-peaceful ways of demonstrations, and manage Public Relations and Media well, we can be successful once again.

Please think and try to come up with some ideas. I have come up with these four ideas:

1. Project Martin Luther King Jr. as our hero in these rallies: Please understand that local Amrican people better understand about Martin Luther King Jr. andhis idealogy then M.K. Gandhi. My suggestion is that we should include large picture posters of Martin Luther King Jr. with a slogan "We legals too have a dream". We should also take Gandhi's posters. There is a possibility that all Black American organization may lend their support to us.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Priority Date
:
May-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold nfinity is a splendid one to behold
Default Protest Cookie!

We can have cookies with "I have a dream" or something similar baked on to it and sent it to the offices of all senators. Will not take much fund raising and will make a big impact!

We can call it a protest cookie. The people demonstrating at the rallies can carry these cookies as well and share them with people passing by. Nothing like a cookie to bring people together and make a point.

Its PROTEST COOKIE time!

Old 07-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Some Suggestions

Suggestions for some other kind of Campaign:

- People designated by IV go on fast at designated palces in desiganted
cities (DC,NY,SAn Francisco, Chicago,Dallas, Austin, Atlanta, San Jose,
Detroit) Desiganted places could be nearer to senate building , state senate
buildings OR nearer USCIS/DOS offices in particular cities

- Create the "Play Skit - Sad demise of Justice and lawful legal immigration"
around July 2 mess and its effects (Short skit - 30
minutes play) Which may include gouging that many medical examiners have
indulged, How economic balance is in shattered mode as spouses can not
work. How insecurity is killing families, How people ended up with huge
expenses without any fruit (For this 2006 and 2007 PD applications are
most likely candidates).

- Create music songs CDs about the same topic and freely distribute to
USCIS,DOS staff, news channels, Media.

- Create power point presentation/Animation on the same topic with little
flavour of comedy and email the presentation specially to TV Media and
Comedy Central (John Stuart and Steven Colbert).

Old 07-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Foster2007 is on a distinguished road
Default I like distributing flowers to passers by

I like this idea of distributing flowers with pamphlets during the protest. This will not only pass our message to common Americans but will also draw media attention.

I am not sure I support ideas 1-3

Please share if you come up with innovative ideas to make these rallies a huge success.[/quote]