Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 09-24-2008, 03:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
You are right, it is very hard to digest, even for you, who seems to support it. And, if I may add, your example it too "complicated" for me. Try giving easy example for me, I am kind a slow, maybe I should get some "preferential treatment". Yes, that's the word, "preferential".

Country quota is NOT affirmative action, nowhere even close. If you are socio-politically dominated by Indian or Chinese, yes, then it is affirmative action. But if you do not come from a place there Indian and Chinese imperial powers have taken over the country, then how are you socio-politically dominated by Indian or Chinese. And if you are not dominated by Indian or Chinese in the country where you came from, then how could it be "like" affarmative action.

Maybe you yet don't know, but Indian and Chinese EB applications cannot vote and they do not have any representation in the US government. So its not that you are "not properly represented" and Indian and Chinese have all the representation. WE ALL HAVE NO REPRESENTATION. Just so that its clear.

Your next argument is that you are "overwhelmed" by Indian and Chinese so there should be country-limits. Well, I can understand that, we are very overwhelming people. You see 40% of the world population gets 14% green card, we tend to become "overwhelming" for other.

Observation: Each time, I reply to each and every part of your post. But you totally ignore what I write. You did not answer whether you think you are equal? inferior? or superior? That is the question. Hope you answer that.

Quota system treats everybody anything but "equal". And this is not just the question of equality, because I am sure you agree that we are equals. It is the question of PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT. You are in the category getting preferential treatment, so you oppose any change, you "create" arguements that you were "promised" a system when you came, and thus any change to the system, before you get your green card would be WRONG and UNFAIR. So you should continue to get that PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT. And PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT to you is NOT WRONG AND UNFAIR. Right?

BTW, hope you liked the You tube video, Frank is really good. I do not want you to go, so that's why I posted the video. Hope it helped you to stick around. Now don't say you have the right to watch it 5 times and I can watch it only once because I am from India and you are ROW

Cheers,
I did answer you question, though not explicitly. I hinted that all of us are equal. And BTW: I am an Indian!! (with India as my chargeability area).

Everybody: no posts about frogs pulling down frogs, alright. This discussion is anything but.

And Thanks for the vid post. I am a sucker for comedy (anything to get out of the tragedy that is GC process).
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2008, 04:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Glad you liked it, here is another one while I write the reply. Honestly, you did not give me enough time to finish my video.

"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

Old 09-24-2008, 04:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc3 View Post
I did answer you question, though not explicitly. I hinted that all of us are equal. And BTW: I am an Indian!! (with India as my chargeability area).

Everybody: no posts about frogs pulling down frogs, alright. This discussion is anything but.

And Thanks for the vid post. I am a sucker for comedy (anything to get out of the tragedy that is GC process).
Well, you did not give your easy example, nothing about affirmative action, nothing about representation or overwhelmed by Indian and Chinese thing, and absolutely nothing about preferential treatment. So in-effect, you totally skipped the entire debate, I guess my trick played well, you are now overwhelmed by Frank Caliendo, just as you are overwhelmed by Indian or Chinese.

And while you "hinted" that we are all equals, you did not say - if we are all equals, then why should there be PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT for one group of people over others, unless someone is still practicing APARTHEID. Last time I checked, practicing apartheid is a crime in US and it can land you in jail, not sure if you knew that.

And while you continue to apply for your green card, you are still charging "India" for that because as per you, your country of charge-ability is India, right? If you are actually from India, have you ever heard of Ron Hira. If not, check it out, you will know who he is. You are Ron Hira of country limits, if you know what that means.

Hope you liked the stand-up comedy this time. Oh Frank is just too good. I mean this guy could make you laugh when actually you should be crying, you know what I mean.
"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

Last edited by sanju; 09-24-2008 at 04:20 AM.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare

Hey sc3, please don't go, I have another video for you. Here it is. This one is really good.

Looks like you left for the day. Well, that's ok, I am sure we will bump into each other again, will continue our discussion at that time. Cheers buddy

Last edited by sanju; 09-24-2008 at 04:44 AM.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcformeornot View Post
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=286606

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to respond this kind of people is to ignore them....
If you are successful, certain people will complain and make up stories how you became successful.
If you fail, the same people will makeup stories how dumb you are etc...

The best way, in my opinion, is to ignore these fools.

Those who are writing negative about IV and their leaders, do not have slightest idea on how much sacrifices they have made (family time, financially, physically, mentally etc) so that most of us could be benefited out of it. If these people think they are not benefited or does not like the idea, please don't read those post or just ignore them and move on, go to the posts that you would be benefited from and logout, I personally would like these people to share their experience and answer questions by others with their best of their knowledge, but if you canít do that, please don't demoralize others.

And yes, I don't care about RED dots, so bring them on.

GCCOvet

Old 09-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Well said Sanju and gccovet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gccovet View Post
The best way to respond this kind of people is to ignore them....
If you are successful, certain people will complain and make up stories how you became successful.
If you fail, the same people will makeup stories how dumb you are etc...

The best way, in my opinion, is to ignore these fools.

Those who are writing negative about IV and their leaders, do not have slightest idea on how much sacrifices they have made (family time, financially, physically, mentally etc) so that most of us could be benefited out of it. If these people think they are not benefited or does not like the idea, please don't read those post or just ignore them and move on, go to the posts that you would be benefited from and logout, I personally would like these people to share their experience and answer questions by others with their best of their knowledge, but if you can’t do that, please don't demoralize others.

And yes, I don't care about RED dots, so bring them on.

GCCOvet
Well said Sanju and gccovet. I liked the vedios too Sanju.

Last edited by reddymjm; 09-24-2008 at 11:02 AM.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of

I believe the guy or girl who made comment on Immigration website has more like a grudge and might be carrying some old IV mistakes like lack of transparency we had in past etc. But gotta understand, everyone makes mistakes and improve.

More, I don't understand that if that guy doesn't want to contribute coz he or she is poor - thats fine. He will still get benifits from IV efforts.

RD: 6/7/07, ND: 6/19/07, FP: 7/21/07
485 LUDs: 7/23, 7/24 & 7/28
EAD Approved: 9/12
AP Approved : 9/24

Old 09-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Sanju - u rock. U get in threads with controversial topics and nail those folks. Keep up the good work.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts

this guy has been venting out his anger aganist IV for quiet a while..i wouldnt bother much abt him...

must be personal..so iggy him!

Old 09-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/07/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc3 View Post
I am EB3-India, yet I dont support the removal of per country limits, as there is a reason for the diversity rule, Indians and Chinese are currently on the wrong side of the equation so it seems "fair" to remove the quota.
BS...

The diversity rule originated to preserve racial purity and keep down Chinese immigrant population, in the 19th century. You want to preserve it?

If rules weren't meant to change, why have the fricking senates, parliaments and elected officials?? All we need is one court to run the whole country.

These EB country limits might look OK to you now, but in the future they'll be no doubt condemned and scrapped. The sooner the better.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold
Default You Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
Hey sc3, please don't go, I have another video for you. Here it is. This one is really good.

You rock man!

Really funny and you made my day. Giving you green.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
Nickjr has a reputation beyond repute Nickjr has a reputation beyond repute Nickjr has a reputation beyond repute Nickjr has a reputation beyond repute Nickjr has a reputation beyond repute Nickjr has a reputation beyond repute Nickjr has a reputation beyond repute Nickjr has a reputation beyond repute Nickjr has a reputation beyond repute Nickjr has a reputation beyond repute Nickjr has a reputation beyond repute
Default First understand the key concept of IV..

[quote=gcformeornot;292719]http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=286606

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are all protected under first amendment (freedom of speech) so one is free to express their opinions. However I must say that IV never promises to come and get quick solution.Per my understanding it offers members to come share experience decide on stragtegy and with colloborative effort we can surely make a difference.Now if IV is not able to desired result which emans we asa member are not playing our part which we were expected to play.

Its really easy to blame but it takes really hard to come up with solution. If the author of the above post has some plan of action he/she could share in thsi forum. Again assigning dots is individual choice IN admin never assign points good anology would be when you speak to group of people some people like it some may diagree so why to blame IV..

Guys lets appreciate efforts of IV .Blame game can never be a solution.

Cheers

Old 09-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute
Default AN EMPHATIC NO to quotas in Employment GC

sc3.. The intent of Employment based category is to attract high skilled workers and NOT for preserving diversity.

There is diversity visa for that.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 09-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute

This fellow who wrote this might be one of those arm chair critics who just criticizes everything if it doesn't favor that individual. What a moron. I am sure this fellow is clueless about how much effort is put into to make a legislation.

There has been lot of work done by many IV volunteers just to get a bill introduced. It is so stupid just to trash talk the efforts put in by the selfless IV volunteers.

All IV members has to be proud that we have been able to get a bill that addresses the GC backlogs. Hey one year back lawmakers were clueless about EB GC issues. Now majority of the lawmakers atleast have an understanding about EB GC issues. It is a matter of time before we succeed.

The easiest guage for the success of the IV efforts is to see the response U get from the lawmakers when U write to them about GC issues. Earlier U used to get a generic reply about undocumented workers and broken borders, nowadays U would be getting replies that talk about EB immigration. Isn't that an achievement. As a professional aren't U proud that U are give the respect U deserve rather than getting clubbed with undocumented workers. Ask for U'r self?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcformeornot View Post

Old 09-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
apt29 is a name known to all apt29 is a name known to all apt29 is a name known to all apt29 is a name known to all apt29 is a name known to all apt29 is a name known to all
Default Green Dots

Just an observation -

Folks who are defending IV has a lot of Green dots -

I rest my case.