Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion
Click to log in with Facebook
Analysis Discussion This forum is used to analyze, predict, track and share the information about the progress of visa dates, visa bulletin and application status of individual cases.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbof View Post
I respect the sentiment on this approach. Please, be aware of the negative fall out too. Anti's cried loud and termed 'Anchor Babies' when hispanics pushed this sentiment in CIR
This issue though is slightly different compared to our hispanic friend's.
The issue is being raised by US born citizens (minors) who fear that;
1) Their parents will have to leave the country despite having contributed to the economy 2) They will have to leave their country (USA) along with their parents. I dont know whether hispanic friends had this issue (mabe but I am not sure)
3) many of them (as pointed previously) leave in rented apartments since their parents are unable to risk investing in homes.

This is a question of US citizens facing hardship because their parents are troubled.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbof View Post
I respect the sentiment on this approach. Please, be aware of the negative fall out too. Anti's cried loud and termed 'Anchor Babies' when hispanics pushed this sentiment in CIR
True.. but antis don't necessarily play fair. They will cry foul for everything. What our kids are asking is fair.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyasaich
As a first step, i registered the domain AT&T Web Hosting - kidsforparents.org to organize more activities in the line.
Why not, let begin the campaign. This is for everyone and yes, spread the word. Also come up with ideas how we can build the web site so that all our fellow member and non-members can utilize for a meaningful purpose
The site is still under construction......

We cannot give up now.......... I will ask my 10 year old to write to the president.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/19/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
This issue though is slightly different compared to our hispanic friend's.
The issue is being raised by US born citizens (minors) who fear that;
1) Their parents will have to leave the country despite having contributed to the economy 2) They will have to leave their country (USA) along with their parents. I dont know whether hispanic friends had this issue (mabe but I am not sure)
3) many of them (as pointed previously) leave in rented apartments since their parents are unable to risk investing in homes.

This is a question of US citizens facing hardship because their parents are troubled.
My $0.02 as a parent on Father's Day; not as someone waiting for a GC:

You have got to be kidding! The First Lady is intellectual and mature in her ways of thinking, despite having a softer side (as someone pointed out). You are only insulting her intelligence by making illogical arguments.

Minors (unless you have a child prodigy) have absolutely no understanding of the economy (even highly-educated skilled professionals who have applied for their GCs do not understand the complexities of the economy). Thus, the minors' point about "parents will have to leave the country despite having contributed to the economy" is unjustified unless you are the one creating these fears in their minds. Additionally, they could care less whether their parents have bought homes or live in rental apartments.

Unlike us adults, children are extremely flexible in nature. They have no qualms about moving to a different country if you can tell them the truth that they will make new friends and get to play with new toys. If you start feeding them fears about "how life will be miserable if you have to go back to your home country" that's a problem you have to deal with as a parent. Children are always happy and adjust anywhere they go so long as their basic necessities are met.

When you make children write such letters to the First Lady, or even the President, it reeks of desperation. This is no different than beggars who use their kids to gain sympathy from people so they can get money. I won't be surprised if because of inane ideas like these, the term "anchor babies" starts getting applied to our kids as well.

Your duty as a parent is to help make a child feel secure, irrespective of whether you have a GC or not.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Different Angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutra View Post

You have got to be kidding! The First Lady is intellectual and mature in her ways of thinking, despite having a softer side (as someone pointed out). You are only insulting her intelligence by making illogical arguments.

Minors (unless you have a child prodigy) have absolutely no understanding of the economy (even highly-educated skilled professionals who have applied for their GCs do not understand the complexities of the economy). Thus, the minors' point about "parents will have to leave the country despite having contributed to the economy" is unjustified unless you are the one creating these fears in their minds. Additionally, they could care less whether their parents have bought homes or live in rental apartments.

Unlike us adults, children are extremely flexible in nature. They have no qualms about moving to a different country if you can tell them the truth that they will make new friends and get to play with new toys. If you start feeding them fears about "how life will be miserable if you have to go back to your home country" that's a problem you have to deal with as a parent. Children are always happy and adjust anywhere they go so long as their basic necessities are met.

When you make children write such letters to the First Lady, or even the President, it reeks of desperation. This is no different than beggars who use their kids to gain sympathy from people so they can get money. I won't be surprised if because of inane ideas like these, the term "anchor babies" starts getting applied to our kids as well.

Your duty as a parent is to help make a child feel secure, irrespective of whether you have a GC or not.
As much as I agree with your statement on parenthood and respect it, I also believe this is politics, and when you are opposing a system, you should use what it works within the the boundaries of law.

Remind you, we are not beggars and lets not even compare ourselves with them, we are well aware of people living in India under poverty line. I am sure you must be aware of how young children were protesting in Arizona against its new immigration law.

Sending a letter expresses sincerity both on parents part and children, expressing your opinion is not unlawful, whether it is a child or an adult.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/13/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute
Default Way to go

Way to go regacct. We should find at least one thousand volunteer parents to involve their citizen children. We have to do it in way to make real impact in white house.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Minors (unless you have a child prodigy) have absolutely no understanding of the economy (even highly-educated skilled professionals who have applied for their GCs do not understand the complexities of the economy). SO WHAT?? Thus, the minors' point about "parents will have to leave the country despite having contributed to the economy" is unjustified unless you are the one creating these fears in their minds. WHO REPRESENTS YOU IN A COURT OF LAW? DO YOU? OR YOU HIRE A LAWYER? ARE YOU COMPETENT AS YOU AGE TO DEAL WITH COMPLICATED ISSUES OR YOU SEEK HELP FROM OTHER SOURCES? Additionally, they could care less whether their parents have bought homes or live in rental apartments. DONT KNOW WHAT DUMB KIDS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HER/HIS OWN HOUSE AND ONE THAT IS RENTED AND THE PARENT AND WHOLE FAMILY OFTEN KEEPS SHIFTING BETWEEN RENTAL HOMES. DONT THEY SEE THEIR FRIENDS?

Absolutely ridiculous arguments my friend. You talk like a child psychologist but seem to be not well studied. Chaning life situations dramatically affect a childs well being and in this case the child is an US citizen (by birth) which makes it more complicated for maintaining dual citizenship etc. Anyway your concept that the opressed have to speak up and be intelligent enough to do so is flawed. If you can voice it for them then that is sufficient.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/19/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute

thomachan:

I feel sorry for your plight. When someone is trying to have a civil conversation and your best response is to shout out in upper case letters and in bold text, it is very obvious, who has reached the end of the line. My sympathies are with you.

But to reply to your post, your children are not oppressed. You believe they are oppressed just because you don't have a green card. And also, it would help for you to understand what "oppressed" means. But anyway, that's a problem you have created for yourself. You left your family and came to the US leaving behind your friends, family, relatives, etc. Did your life collapse as a result of that? Obviously not, since you are still in the US. So don't tell me your child's life is going to turn upside down if you have to go back. There are several people who have gone back to their home country with kids (for varied reasons) and their kids (despite being US citizens) are perfectly happy.

Also, I never said you cannot voice your opinions, but voicing yor opinions when you don't even understand the issue is pitiful and laughable at best. No one will take you seriously. To use your analogy, I hire a lawyer because the lawyer knows the law. You are asking your kid to write a letter because ... ... I have no idea what point you are trying to make! The kid is voicing your fear; not his/her fear.

People have made arguments in the past about how they cannot buy a house because they don't have a green card. I won't comment on that, but I won't be surprised if this idea morphs into people writing letters to the Congress saying they are afraid of having kids because what if they don't get their green cards and have to take their US-born citizen kids to their home country....

I am waiting for my green card too, but instilling fear and disillusion in my kid is something that I will never do as a parent. You are free to use your kids as pawns if you think it helps you achieve a bigger cause. That's a choice you make. And while I won't agree with it, I will politely offer my opinion.

This is my last post as I can see you are incapable of having a mature conversation. I think we all know who's the kid on this forum.

Last edited by kutra; 06-21-2010 at 08:35 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute

Well... you parents have already given a better life to your children by making them a US citizen by birth. So please stop blaming yourself. The children are already better off. If you think they will be better off in the home country, where their parents have citizenship, then thats an option too. I can't understand what the point of the thread is.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
Talking

Quote:
thomachan:

I feel sorry for your plight. When someone is trying to have a civil conversation and your best response is to shout out in upper case letters and in bold text, it is very obvious, who has reached the end of the line. My sympathies are with you.

But to reply to your post, your children are not oppressed. You believe they are oppressed just because you don't have a green card. And also, it would help for you to understand what "oppressed" means. But anyway, that's a problem you have created for yourself. You left your family and came to the US leaving behind your friends, family, relatives, etc. Did your life collapse as a result of that? Obviously not, since you are still in the US. So don't tell me your child's life is going to turn upside down if you have to go back. There are several people who have gone back to their home country with kids (for varied reasons) and their kids (despite being US citizens) are perfectly happy.

Also, I never said you cannot voice your opinions, but voicing yor opinions when you don't even understand the issue is pitiful and laughable at best. No one will take you seriously. To use your analogy, I hire a lawyer because the lawyer knows the law. You are asking your kid to write a letter because ... ... I have no idea what point you are trying to make! The kid is voicing your fear; not his/her fear.

People have made arguments in the past about how they cannot buy a house because they don't have a green card. I won't comment on that, but I won't be surprised if this idea morphs into people writing letters to the Congress saying they are afraid of having kids because what if they don't get their green cards and have to take their US-born citizen kids to their home country....

I am waiting for my green card too, but instilling fear and disillusion in my kid is something that I will never do as a parent. You are free to use your kids as pawns if you think it helps you achieve a bigger cause. That's a choice you make. And while I won't agree with it, I will politely offer my opinion.

This is my last post as I can see you are incapable of having a mature conversation. I think we all know who's the kid on this forum.
The basic idea here is my friend different people have entirely different reasons for pursuing certain goals. Your view is applicable to you and possibly to others who agree with you, however, the other view (in this case- request from children to their president) might be very legitimate and plausible in other people's minds (including myself). You might never agree to this but atleast you have to understand that the others may never agree with you either. When you rate their proposal as "laughable or nonsense", it is also possible that they will consider the same about you. Ultimately nobody wins. I have seen this happen many times over. Just take this example: you took somuch time to explain in details why you think nobody should be worrying about the plight of their kids but do you think it really worked? You are your kids lawyer my friend and if you want a better life for them you obviously need to seek out any opportunity available. If writing letters to officials on their behalf is one then I certainly support that idea. You dont have to terrorize your kids with immigration-related issues but take the pen yourself and write a letter on behalf of your kids.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute
Default Writing to the President/First Lady etc..

Hi All,

It is perfectly okay if somebody wants to have their children write to the president or the first lady, regadring the EB backlog situation.

Just one advice, if sending snail-mail, use a post card, never and envelope.
All envelopes adddressed to the POTUS, First Lady, Sentors, Representatives etc..get sent to a Bio Hazard facility, due to processing, and may not make it to the addressee.
A postcard on the other hand, has a much much hogher chance of making it to the desk of the addressee.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2006
Compare
sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shx View Post
Well... you parents have already given a better life to your children by making them a US citizen by birth. So please stop blaming yourself. The children are already better off. If you think they will be better off in the home country, where their parents have citizenship, then thats an option too. I can't understand what the point of the thread is.
i am not sure how children are better off by being US Citizens? Most countries tend to have plusses and minuses and at the end of the day.........its what the child makes of himself or herself.......for example its quite likely that studying through the public school system in US 5 or 6 years from now - your(or mine) child could learn that Darwin's laws of evolution are actually not correct, some of the worst math and science curriculum in the developed world and so on........not sure if that makes them better prepared to compete with hungry (hungry for success) undergrads from India or China...........?
EAD/ AP approved Feb'2007
I140 and 485 approved - July 2007
GC received July 2007

Old 06-22-2010, 04:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute shx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayantan76 View Post
i am not sure how children are better off by being US Citizens? Most countries tend to have plusses and minuses and at the end of the day.........its what the child makes of himself or herself.......for example its quite likely that studying through the public school system in US 5 or 6 years from now - your(or mine) child could learn that Darwin's laws of evolution are actually not correct, some of the worst math and science curriculum in the developed world and so on........not sure if that makes them better prepared to compete with hungry (hungry for success) undergrads from India or China...........?
Well... everyone on this thread seem to think that their lives will be better if they have a green card. Unless they think the US is a better place, why would they complain about the green card so much? They always have the option of going back to their home countries. I was just being sarcastic in my previous post.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
realist is a name known to all realist is a name known to all realist is a name known to all realist is a name known to all realist is a name known to all realist is a name known to all

This past June, Director Mayorkas introduced the "We Are America" National Children’s Art Project in collaboration with organizations serving immigrants.
USCIS - Children's Art Gallery 2010