Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute

-
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, unless we write to our senators, congresswo/men, and media our issues are going to be sidelined. That is why we need to call, write emails and get to DC, step up the advocacy effort.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute
Default round 3 emails sent

Sent 3rd round emails to NE congressman.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGGCQUE View Post
Sent 3rd round emails to NE congressman.
Thank you.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
ram04 is a splendid one to behold ram04 is a splendid one to behold ram04 is a splendid one to behold ram04 is a splendid one to behold ram04 is a splendid one to behold ram04 is a splendid one to behold
Default Here is the respones I got - not that encouraging

Thank you for contacting me regarding our nation's immigration policies. I appreciate hearing from you.

Immigration is the most contentious issue that I have worked on during my tenure in Congress. It is imperative that we first secure our borders and enforce our existing immigration laws before we attempt to implement comprehensive immigration reform. According to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), just over 600 miles of border fence has been constructed along the Southwest border to date. In more remote areas, DHS is using tower-based integrated cameras and sensors, ground-based radar, mobile surveillance systems, and an unmanned aerial system. These initiatives are in addition to border patrol agents who are actively patrolling the areas.

I have consistently supported providing the Department of Homeland Security with the necessary tools they need to protect our country from those who seek to cross our borders illegally. For instance, in July 2009, I supported an amendment requiring the completion of 700 miles of double-layer physical fencing along the U.S.-Mexico border by December 31, 2010. This amendment follows through on the three-year-old promise made by Congress and the Department of Homeland Security to secure the border under previously passed legislation.
We must also address the illegal immigrants that are currently in our country. I will not support any proposal that provides amnesty or a path to citizenship for those that are currently here illegally. Additionally, I will continue to support programs like E-verify that provide employers with tools to verify whether or not current and prospective employees are legally allowed to work in the U.S. Since its inception in 1996, the E-Verify program has provided employers with a process to verify the work eligibility of new hires. E-Verify is free and more than 87,000 employers are enrolled in the program. According to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, more than 1,000 employers voluntarily sign up to use E-Verify each week.

On July 8, 2009, the Senate passed H.R. 2892, the "Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2010." Included in this bill was an amendment, offered by Senator Sessions, which removed the sunset date on the E-Verify program, and requires federal contractors to participate in the E-Verify program. With my support, the Senate passed this amendment by voice vote. This program began September 8, 2009, and requires federal contractors to use the E-Verify system to check the immigration and citizenship status of new hire and those assigned to new federal contracts.
Immigration reform is one of the most important domestic issues facing our nation today. The President and Congress must work together to secure the border first. Once this is done, we can work to resolve the collateral issues. I believe we can get there, but we are not there yet.

If you would like to receive timely email alerts regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-newsletter, please sign up via my web site at: www.chambliss.senate.gov . Please let me know whenever I may be of assistance.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jjava100 has a reputation beyond repute jjava100 has a reputation beyond repute jjava100 has a reputation beyond repute jjava100 has a reputation beyond repute jjava100 has a reputation beyond repute jjava100 has a reputation beyond repute jjava100 has a reputation beyond repute jjava100 has a reputation beyond repute jjava100 has a reputation beyond repute jjava100 has a reputation beyond repute jjava100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Response from the Senator.....

Response I got from the Senator.....

Thank you for contacting me to share your views about the proposed framework for comprehensive immigration reform. It is an honor to serve as your Senator, and I appreciate hearing from you.

Like you, I understand that our country's foundation has been strengthened by our proud tradition of immigration, and I believe that people who work hard, contribute to our economy, and respect the law should always be welcome in the United States. At the same time, I also believe our current immigration system is broken. We need strong legislation to restore the rule of law and strengthen the security of our borders and the integrity of our workforce.

As you know, a group of Senators, including Majority Leader Reid, released their REPAIR Proposal (Real Enforcement with Practical Alternatives for Immigration Reform). This proposal outlines a framework of policy recommendations aimed at restoring security at our borders, cracking down on employers hiring illegal immigrants through an employment verification system, and establishing a strictly regulated system for earning legal permanent residency. To ensure enforcement, the framework also calls for increased border patrol personnel, resources, and technology, and lays out a policy for administering temporary work and student visas.

The framework for comprehensive immigration reform has not yet been introduced as legislation in the Senate. Please know that I will continue to monitor the status of this proposed framework, and I will keep your views in mind when the Senate takes up immigration reform.

Thank you, again, for sharing your thoughts with me. I hope you will continue to keep me informed about the issues that matter most to you.

All my best,

Jeff Merkley
United States Senator

Old 06-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare

Please continue sending emails and ask friends and family to support by sending emails.
We need to ramp up our efforts.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light ak_2006 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Sent mail today

I sent mail today.
Monthly $25 Contribution signedup on 04-13-2011 for one year
Got Green Card 10/25/2011

Old 06-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute

got reply from IL Senator Dick Durbin....not a very encouragaing response to say the least...

June 3, 2010

Mr. XXXXXX

Dear Mr. XXXXXX:
Thank you for sharing with me your support for comprehensive immigration reform. I appreciate hearing from you and share your concerns.

While the United States cannot afford to absorb all those who want to settle here, we are a nation of immigrants. My mother came to the United States from Lithuania with her parents when she was two years old, and our family created a new life in Illinois. It is a testament to the greatness of this nation that the son of an immigrant can rise to represent the state of Illinois in the Senate.

At the same time, our nation faces a host of problems as a result of years of inattention to our immigration policies. The Homeland Security Department estimates that about 11 million people in the United States do not have legal status, including those who enter the country illegally and those who overstay a temporary visa. I have worked to reform our immigration system comprehensively and in a way that is tough, realistic, and consistent with our moral values.

I recently joined a number of Senators in releasing a blueprint outlining the basic principles that a comprehensive reform bill should include. The measure would improve border security by increasing manpower and deploying new technology. It would strengthen enforcement against employers who hire illegal immigrants. Today, undocumented workers are often exploited by employers who hire them. Strengthening the penalties for employers who hire undocumented workers will ensure that both immigrants and citizens who work here are protected by our wage and labor laws.

If we are serious about reform, we need a realistic approach to the millions of undocumented immigrants who already live and work in our country. We need to offer immigrants who work hard and demonstrate a long-term commitment to be law-abiding, contributing members of our society a chance to pay fines and earn their way to permanent legal status over the course of many years.

If we do not give people who are already a part of our communities the chance to earn their way to legal status, we will not solve the problem of illegal immigration. People who are living here illegally will stay in the shadows instead of coming forward to register.

While immigrants often enrich our communities, an employer's first job offer should go to any American who is willing and able to fill the job. I have been concerned about the potential impact of past proposals for temporary guest worker programs on the American workforce. In many industries, the assured availability of large pools of guest workers will give employers an incentive to pass over American job applicants in favor of foreigners willing to work for less pay and fewer benefits. During the immigration debate, I offered a Hire Americans First amendment to require employers to seek American workers for their open positions before they try to bring in guest workers. I have also introduced legislation to combat abuses in the H-1B visa program.

There is no perfect solution to the problems we face as a result of our broken immigration system. Today, our borders are not secure, our workplace enforcement laws need reform, and our immigration policy fosters a shadow economy for millions of immigrants who simply want to demonstrate that they can be hardworking contributors to the greatness of our country.

I will continue to work for a package of reforms that will protect American workers and that will be tough, enforceable, economically sensible, and morally defensible. I will keep your views in mind as the debate continues. Thank you again for contacting me. Please feel free to keep in touch.

Sincerely,
Richard J. Durbin
United States Senator

RJD/ab
FP Notice Date: Aug 31'07
FP Completed: Sept 28'07
GOT GREENED: 08/02/2010 by NSC
Contributed $250 and will continue to contribute even in the future!

Old 06-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare

The messages you are getting from your House reps and Senators are standard messages that they have on this issue.
Please do not be discouraged by the email back messages from them, because frankly it is just an automated standard reply.

The idea really is to make them take notice and hopefully have some body (staffer) read atleast one of our email messages entirely and realise what our issue/s are. We need to make them aware of us- "Immigration voice" as an organisation and educate them on the issues we face. So if we continue to send them messages, that will be a big help and it builds momentum towards the advocacy event.

Last edited by amitjoey; 06-04-2010 at 12:15 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12-10-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-02-2007
Compare
gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute gc_kaavaali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Response from Colorado Senator (Positive Response)

Dear XXXXX:

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns regarding immigration policy. I appreciate hearing from you.

You are absolutely right that we need to tackle comprehensive immigration reform now. That is why I recently sent a letter to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada, asking him to make comprehensive immigration reform a priority. It is imperative that we have a workable immigration system that balances the needs of our economy. We cannot keep pushing back reform for another day.

We must be tough and smart to get our immigration system under control. It is unacceptable to have 12 million people in our country living outside the legal system. We must secure the border, and also require the undocumented to register and become legal, pay a fine, pay their taxes, learn English, and pass criminal background checks. Those who have a serious criminal record should be sent back to the country from which they came.

I support comprehensive immigration reform because it will restore common sense and control to our immigration system, so that we are once again both a nation of immigrants and laws. Without reform, cash-strapped local governments are footing the bill for federal inaction and small businesses are reliant on an immigrant workforce face uncertainty. Comprehensive immigration reform will help the economy by turning undocumented workers into legal taxpayers who are paying their fair share. This issue must be addressed in order to make sure that we have a system in place that cracks down on employers who hire illegal immigrants and ensures all are playing by the rules.

Our immigration system is broken, and it cannot be fixed by one small piece of reform. We should address immigration as a whole, and that is a primary goal of mine here in the Senate.

I will continue to represent the priorities of Coloradans and all Americans in a thoughtful and independent manner. Please know that I will keep your concerns in mind as Congress addresses these issues.

For more information about my priorities as a U.S. Senator and about issues of importance to Colorado and our nation, I invite you to visit my website at Michael Bennet - United States Senator for Colorado : Home. Again, thank you for contacting me.

After 8 years........Finally Green'ed on 9th July 2010.
Thanks IV for your help and support!!!

Old 06-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of
Default Sent Emails

Me and My Wife sent emails through the site