Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 08:39 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Here is an interesting Immigration policy timeline-
Timeline: U.S. immigration policy - Capitol Hill - MSNBC.com

See you in Washington on 6th June.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 05-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute

Members from NJ, NY contact laborchic asap. Thanks
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com
Money with active participation is far more powerful - please join your state chapters and meet with your lawmakers.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

How can we contact him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSun View Post
Members from NJ, NY contact laborchic asap. Thanks

Old 05-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

We are making good progress in getting appointments. This event will make lot of impact and we should all be a part of it. We will regret if we miss seeing and doing advocacy work in these 2 days. If you have not yet signed up, do sign up today to attend it.

ImmigrationVoice.org - Advocacy Days - 7th & 8th June, 2010

Old 05-27-2010, 09:32 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Members,

We have worked hard in the last 4 years and have made some progress along the way Immigration Voice Achievements But Most of us are still in the limbo of green card process and waiting in different stages. Some of us may have advanced to the I-485 stage and have a little more career flexibility but the hanging sword of uncertainty still looms over our heads.

Our angst, our insecurity:

Even with EAD and other options, lack of green card is lack of security and lack of certainty. You know it and you feel it every day. In order to find a permanent fix for the uncertainty, angst and insecurity and in order to snap out of the probationary lifestyle and career, we have to finish what we started over 4 years ago -- get the U.S. Congress to act on this problem and solve it once and for all.

Early effort wins:

The first agenda of next Congress will be immigration and we expect an immigration bill to be debated sometime in early 2011. However, it would be a big mistake to wait until that time to do something about that bill. Successful advocacy efforts are the ones that start early and introduce concepts and ideas into the debate before the legislators write their first draft. Once the committee hearings and debates begin, it is harder to get changes or fixes into a bill because it requires an amendment to the bill in a politically charged and heated atmosphere. Groups and organizations that wait until the last minute to influence members of congress often fail to achieve results. In order to succeed in next year's immigration bill, we have to begin talking to members of congress now. Remember, the advocacy efforts we did with lobby day and rally in Sept 2007 influenced congress to include our provisions in bipartisan bills introduced in Aug 2008. Legislative things take time.

How you can help:

You and help in two different ways:

Join the advocacy effort in DC on June 7th and 8th. If you have never done this before, we encourage you to help us with this and join us. Immigration voice will arrange the logistics of setting up meetings and arranging the material for you to take to your Congressmen and Senators. We are expecting about 150 immigration voice members to gather in DC and participate in over 200 meetings with Congressmen and Senators.

Contributing Funds to help finance the effort. You are most welcome to come to DC and join us but if your job demands are such that you cannot take two days off on June 7th and 8th, then you can still contribute to this effort by contributing financially to Immigration Voice. Many expenses tied to the travel of grassroots members from distant states is being expensed by Immigration Voice. So kindly contribute funds to this effort by clicking on this link. You have an obligation to yourself and your family to plant your career in this country once and for all. EAD and AP, if you have them, are not going to cut it. We are not there yet. And we have to finish together what we started together.

Thank you.

Immigration Voice. (ImmigrationVoice.org - Home).

Old 05-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Some memories of 2007 DC rally
Immigration Voice rally in DC - Live updates

Old 05-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute

Few members have spoken to me about participating in the advocacy days, however, you may have not signed the registration form. Please do so. This will allow us to tie you in with your representative when we confirm our appointments. The form is available on the first post in this thread.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...-8th-june.html
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com
Money with active participation is far more powerful - please join your state chapters and meet with your lawmakers.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of

IV admins,

For those who are attending the event, it would be beneficial if someone could provide some tips about moving around DC area/Capitol Hill area for these lobby days. Will there be an IV arranged transportation ?

Appreciate if we could get more details about the planning for these three days.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc28262 View Post
IV admins,

For those who are attending the event, it would be beneficial if someone could provide some tips about moving around DC area/Capitol Hill area for these lobby days. Will there be an IV arranged transportation ?

Appreciate if we could get more details about the planning for these three days.
We are going to be posting FAQs soon on IV website. People who have confirmed their participation will also be contacted personally. Please also check with IV co-coordinator (Starsun) if you have specific questions or write to info at immigrationvoice.org

Old 05-29-2010, 10:40 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that the word got out on these IV events. TechCruch has this article with IV events mentioned on its home page-

Why Policy Makers Should Review the Facts Before Marching to the Drumbeat of the Xenophobes

GREAT going!

Old 05-31-2010, 11:09 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

FAQs for Dc advocacy days

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1961366

Old 06-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Members registering as Maybe, the time to make the commitment is NOW - so please confirm your participation in the advocacy event. We have 3 and half working days left!!
Thanks
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com

Old 06-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
It seems that the word got out on these IV events. TechCruch has this article with IV events mentioned on its home page-

Why Policy Makers Should Review the Facts Before Marching to the Drumbeat of the Xenophobes

GREAT going!
Good article

Old 06-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Default Meeting the leadership/Officials

We will also be providing an opportunity for members coming to the event to meet with senior official/s (Name and title withheld on the public forum).

This will be a great avenue for everyone to directly interact with the officials whom people on the forums only know by name or look up for leadership in solving Immigration issues and seek their intervention.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 06-03-2010 at 05:32 PM.

Closed Thread