Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rally Memories - part 1 : WHO MET WHO ? HOW DID YOU FEEL

I am starting this thread for people to share some nice sweet memories about the rally.

This Part 1 is basically for "WHO MET WHO"

Most of us in these forums - we talked on phones for a long time and discussed a lot of topics - and we met each other in real at the rally.

I was excited - and I want to share some of my experiences.

Please post some experiences on this thread like mine below

I drove from New York with 5 other dedicated IV members ie tnite, tikka, siraviny, ps57002 and a new member Arun

At the Rally I met Niloufer(needhelp) and Vandana, drona and other volunteers at the registration desk and was nice to meet you all.

Then came paskal and gsc999 who stuck a badge on my shirt "chanduv23" and then I met Shivakanth, Vijay Anand and other folks.

After that I met Macaca - lovable guy, some core members like indio0617, ashish, tamsen.

Then I met pappu. As soon as I greeted him he stood up. I thought he was respecting me. I felt honored. But after a while - he was standing up to anyone who greets him. Then I figured out that was his habit - and no respect or whatever

Then met Abhijeet who was carrying his guiter and then jazzbythebay, janilsal and other folks and Jay and Aman and all core team members

Then I met all the Chinese friends in the NY chapter, Jane, Sophia and it was nice knowing them

I did miss out a few names - but overall I loved this experience of meeting you all the folks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2007, 08:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcsngh has a spectacular aura about gcsngh has a spectacular aura about gcsngh has a spectacular aura about
Default Great sharing your experiance!

Chanduv,

Did you meet any lawmakers? Please share the insights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
I am starting this thread for people to share some nice sweet memories about the rally.

Most of us in these forums - we talked on phones for a long time and discussed a lot of topics - and we met each other in real at the rally.

I drove from New York with 5 other dedicated IV members ie tnite, tikka, siraviny, ps57002 and a new member Arun

At the Rally I met Niloufer(needhelp) and Vandana, drona and other volunteers at the registration desk and was nice to meet you all.

Then came paskal and gsc999 who stuck a badge on my shirt "chanduv23" and then I met Shivakanth, Vijay Anand and other folks.

After that I met Macaca - lovable guy, some core members like indio0617, ashish, tamsen.

Then I met pappu. As soon as I greeted him he stood up. I thought he was respecting me. I felt honored. But after a while - he was standing up to anyone who greets him. Then I figured out that was his habit - and no respect or whatever

Then met Abhijeet who was carrying his guiter and then jazzbythebay, janilsal and other folks and Jay and Aman and all core team members

Then I met all the Chinese friends in the NY chapter, Jane, Sophia and it was nice knowing them

I did miss out a few names - but overall I loved this experience of meeting you all the folks

Regards

Old 09-19-2007, 08:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcsngh View Post
Chanduv,

Did you meet any lawmakers? Please share the insights.

Regards
I did not meet the lawmakers nor did I attend the congressional reception - situation at home restricted me to just do the rally.

Please use this thread to share some nice funny moments

Old 09-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute
Default handles and voices turned into faces

sw33t, texanmom, thescadman, nagaraj, mundru, macaca, paskal, pdakwala, ashish, pappu, drona, franklin, paskal, janils, ARC
Kanika, Meenal, Sumita, Vandana, Vijay, Akhil, Ashish, Sapna, Preeti, Atmaja, Sonali, Sujata, Dhiren, Sejal, Prasad, Arun, Venky, Gopal, Jane, Kaushal oh my GOD I am surely forgetting a ton of others (and I can't match them with thier IV handles).. California's huge contingent was so great!!
abhijitp, chanduv, Aman and logiclife, well they have already been household figures around my place, and it was great to see them in action.

Please PM me and remind me if I met you, I really really WANT to remember. Overwhelmed by the warmth and cameraderie of the whole group.

Jaime, Libra, 485_se_dukhi, digital2k are there any pictures where I can spot you?

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Last edited by needhelp!; 09-19-2007 at 10:16 AM.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold

You took my placard to take a picture with abhijit, remember? I was there right next to you when you were taking pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp! View Post
sw33t, texanmom, thescadman, nagaraj, mundru, macaca, paskal, pdakwala, ashish, pappu, drona, franklin, paskal, janils, ARC
Kanika, Meenal, Sumita, Vandana, Vijay, Akhil, Ashish, Sapna, Preeti, Atmaja, Sonali, Sujata, Dhiren, Sejal, Prasad, Arun, Venky, Gopal, Jane, Kaushal oh my GOD I am surely forgetting a ton of others (and I can't match them with thier IV handles).. California's huge contingent was so great!!
abhijitp, chanduv, Aman and logiclife, well they have already been household figures around my place, and it was great to see them in action.

Please PM me and remind me if I met you, I really really WANT to remember. Overwhelmed by the warmth and cameraderie of the whole group.

Jaime, Libra, 485_se_dukhi, digital2k are there any pictures where I can spot you?

Old 09-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
indio0617 has a spectacular aura about indio0617 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post

chanduv23:

Same here. It was great meeting you all, seeing the faces behind the voices and names. It was an emotional high.

Pappu and me stopped at Union Stn for lunch on the way back after the rally. We were both physically drained and famished. Our jaws dropped when we spotted a desi restaurant there. You all should have seen how we attacked the food !

Old 09-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default That food was awesome !!

Its awesome - I dare trying unknown Indian restaurants because either they serve too spicy or too light and the taste is different than Real Indian. But this was authentic taste of Indian Food.

Myself and Dilip ate that Indian food before meeting Senator Kerry's office. Mohit and Kishore had Mexican food but they saw the Indian food all the time.

No wonder the overall meeting with 4 of us was really good

Quote:
Originally Posted by indio0617 View Post
chanduv23:

Same here. It was great meeting you all, seeing the faces behind the voices and names. It was an emotional high.

Pappu and me stopped at Union Stn for lunch on the way back after the rally. We were both physically drained and famished. Our jaws dropped when we spotted a desi restaurant there. You all should have seen how we attacked the food !

Last edited by diptam; 09-19-2007 at 12:19 PM.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Please share - incidents like - pulling legs - teasing - little pranks etc...

Old 09-19-2007, 12:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold

I heard some one saying 'we waited long enough, now let the traffic wait' when we were crossing the streets

Old 09-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

We had a long backlog for registration at the congressional reception, which we cleared very efficiently. Gopal was the one using all the GC analogies at the Congressional reception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
I heard some one saying 'we waited long enough, now let the traffic wait' when we were crossing the streets

Got GC in Sept 2011

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 09-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Oh.. Great to meet you Libra! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
You took my placard to take a picture with abhijit, remember? I was there right next to you when you were taking pictures.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Old 09-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
indio0617 has a spectacular aura about indio0617 has a spectacular aura about

Me and Pappu were walking along checking to see if the march was orderly.
There was this IV member who spotted a desi journalist; he went up to him and asked him if he knew "Who won in the Pak vs Aus match in the ongoing Twenty 20 tournament "

Old 09-19-2007, 01:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2007
Compare
srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light srikondoji is a glorious beacon of light
Talking

I and manish flew monday morning sept 17th on a short notice to attend 11:30AM appointment and then again at 3:30 PM with nagaraj.
We had 2 more appointments on 18th with NH senators.
All the meetings were great and one them exceeded 30 minute schedule to 50 minutes.

It was great to meet all the members like aman, jay, paskal, kanika, meenal, nagaraj, pappu, gopal etc.

Paskal: Where is my beer?
Gopal: "Don't shoot the messenger" in the situation room.
jay: Speech pointing fingure to capitol hill behind him. "We are here on offence".
Mike: Step1 to step 5 entertainment

These are some, but not all, of the memorable things in DC.

I really had to mention pappu seperately.
He is a dedicated person to this cause and needs special mention. I really enjoyed his company in the bus on our return journey to NH. We shooted all possible questions and got convincing answers.

Thanks again for the wonderful experience.
It was a true vacation.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold

Being a volunteer, I had a chance to meet most of the members of the core team and other selfless volunteers. I also met the staffs of three congressmen and attended the congressional reception as well. I'll cherish this memory forever, since not many will get this chance in their lifetime.

One of the memorable moment on a personal level is, I met two of my high school juniors after more than 15yrs. It was a great feeling.

Chandu I met you also near the U-Haul truck when returning things after capitol hill meeting......

Old 09-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
tnite is a glorious beacon of light tnite is a glorious beacon of light tnite is a glorious beacon of light tnite is a glorious beacon of light tnite is a glorious beacon of light tnite is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandakumar View Post
Being a volunteer, I had a chance to meet most of the members of the core team and other selfless volunteers. I also met the staffs of three congressmen and attended the congressional reception as well. I'll cherish this memory forever, since not many will get this chance in their lifetime.

One of the memorable moment on a personal level is, I met two of my high school juniors after more than 15yrs. It was a great feeling.

Chandu I met you also near the U-Haul truck when returning things after capitol hill meeting......
And I happened to be one of those juniors Nandha is talking about.It was a wonderful experience .
I485 RFE 09/08/2008 I20,MC,OPT EAD Replied 09/19/2008

Join the Tri State Chapter