Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up NJ BUS: Salute for IV Cores.

I am so glad that I volunteered for the NJ Bus to the rally.. After a long time I got a sense that I did something good.

We were only 22-25 people(we should have been more but thats a whole different story) on the bus but each and everyone was motivated and full of positive attitude. We had a GREAT time and at the end of rally and trip everyone of us knew that we were part of something great. Most of us felt that we should have been to DC the earlier day and should have participated in lawmaker meetings and dinner event.

We had a great bus journey and were lucky to get a great driver -unlike other bus sorry Annina...

Staying in Gurudwara was great idea and would like to thank the person who ever came up with that.. helped to freshen up and got a superb breakfast .. that was a good one.

Reached the Monument around 8am and were initially disappointed by the attendance (could be lack of sleep as well) but were happily proved wrong as the numbers increased exponentially every hour.

IV Californians: You guys rock.. We will learn from you..

Rally walk was great as I wasnt able to see the start or the end of the rally..
Our "fearless leader" was great and enthusiastic waving flag during the whole rally.

For me, the climax was logiclife's speech.. That was it .. My homeboy hit a home run at the word go.. it mesmerized me as he spoke his heart out..

Felt bad as Mcdermott clearly messed up "legal & illegal" again..
I was standing in the second row and managed to stop a feeling of correcting him... Other than that everyone was amazing on the podium..

Overall rally was a HUGE HUGE SUCCESS.. It could have been more but unfortunately many of us decided not to show up.. For all of those IV parasites I would like to say one thing which is " Please dont let your kids be like you.. dont let them choke the way you do.. teach them how to fight.. how to speak up and stand up for themselves.. "

For those who attended the rally and tried to make the change - they will definitely get their worth in their lives.

Feel bad for the ones who missed out on this due to geniune reasons but did their part of contributing or doing background work for the rally... especially ssinghsa3.. great job in organizing this bud.. you've got more help next time..

This rally gave me good friends.. amit_sp, checklaw, dipmay2002, arnab221, guduru76, HHAE2000, manishcp, naan, Smriti, sonuus, ygs,Caliber,ssarthk,RNGC, (sorry if I missed anyone, still tired).. GUYS Ya'll ROCK.......

Thanks for the ride back home dipmay2002..

IV CORE .. you are HEROES..

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigrationvoiceny/
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 09-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2004
Compare
naan is a splendid one to behold naan is a splendid one to behold naan is a splendid one to behold naan is a splendid one to behold naan is a splendid one to behold naan is a splendid one to behold naan is a splendid one to behold naan is a splendid one to behold
Default Couldn't agree more.

Enjoyed every moment of the rally starting from Metropark.

It was a great chance to meet like minded, positive, enthusiastic people... Seeing is believing and I saw it on Sep 18 the energy of all immigrants uniting for the same cause.

I saw and heard(honks) a lot of support for our cause during the rally from common citizens and VIPs. One VIP being Ted Kennedy, he waved his hands at the rally participants...aftering lowering down the glass of his car window, I hope he knew exactly who were and why we were there.

I have great admiration for the CA, FL and far away state folks who showed up. Unbelievable...

The speeches delivered on the podium were fierce and passionate. I am sure the countless meetings and lobbying efforts and the rally will push the congress to take this issue with the priority it deserves. Till then we should not relent.

Thanks to core, volunteers, participants and all involved in the rally.

We should demonstrate even greater number when the need come next.

Cheers everyone.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of
Default Tri State

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborchic View Post
I am so glad that I volunteered for the NJ Bus to the rally.. After a long time I got a sense that I did something good.

We were only 22-25 people(we should have been more but thats a whole different story) on the bus but each and everyone was motivated and full of positive attitude. We had a GREAT time and at the end of rally and trip everyone of us knew that we were part of something great. Most of us felt that we should have been to DC the earlier day and should have participated in lawmaker meetings and dinner event.

We had a great bus journey and were lucky to get a great driver -unlike other bus sorry Annina...

Staying in Gurudwara was great idea and would like to thank the person who ever came up with that.. helped to freshen up and got a superb breakfast .. that was a good one.

Reached the Monument around 8am and were initially disappointed by the attendance (could be lack of sleep as well) but were happily proved wrong as the numbers increased exponentially every hour.

IV Californians: You guys rock.. We will learn from you..

Rally walk was great as I wasnt able to see the start or the end of the rally..
Our "fearless leader" was great and enthusiastic waving flag during the whole rally.

For me, the climax was logiclife's speech.. That was it .. My homeboy hit a home run at the word go.. it mesmerized me as he spoke his heart out..

Felt bad as Mcdermott clearly messed up "legal & illegal" again..
I was standing in the second row and managed to stop a feeling of correcting him... Other than that everyone was amazing on the podium..

Overall rally was a HUGE HUGE SUCCESS.. It could have been more but unfortunately many of us decided not to show up.. For all of those IV parasites I would like to say one thing which is " Please dont let your kids be like you.. dont let them choke the way you do.. teach them how to fight.. how to speak up and stand up for themselves.. "

For those who attended the rally and tried to make the change - they will definitely get their worth in their lives.

Feel bad for the ones who missed out on this due to geniune reasons but did their part of contributing or doing background work for the rally... especially ssinghsa3.. great job in organizing this bud.. you've got more help next time..

This rally gave me good friends.. amit_sp, checklaw, dipmay2002, arnab221, guduru76, HHAE2000, manishcp, naan, Smriti, sonuus, ygs,Caliber,ssarthk,RNGC, (sorry if I missed anyone, still tired).. GUYS Ya'll ROCK.......

Thanks for the ride back home dipmay2002..

IV CORE .. you are HEROES..
Thank Q for your support

Tristate - Volunteer

Old 09-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
dipmay2002 has much to be proud of dipmay2002 has much to be proud of dipmay2002 has much to be proud of dipmay2002 has much to be proud of dipmay2002 has much to be proud of dipmay2002 has much to be proud of dipmay2002 has much to be proud of dipmay2002 has much to be proud of dipmay2002 has much to be proud of
Default Photos of DC Rally taken by me...

Here is a link of all photos taken by me, only missing part is our groups(NJ's/NY's) bus members picture; everyone was busy enjoying the event so deeply that we all came together only at the time of departure....

This was really a historic and memorable event; what Amit said is all TRUE...

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/c...02/DC%20Rally/

Old 09-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute

Laborchcik: Can't agree more with what you wrote. The entire 22 hours that we all spent together has left me with great memories. thanks to IV for not only organizing this event but making it a huge success.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute checklaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Excellent experience NJians

The IV bus journey from NJ was very well planned and executed. All I had to do as a "participant" was indeed to just hop on....no fine print! On the bus and at the rally made some wonderful friends.

singhsa3, mpada and everyone who may have worked on the NJ/NY bus logistics, you have been excellent! Thank you IV core for providing this convenience.

IV handle "laborchic" who was on our NJ bus co-coordinating the minute details of to and fro journey with help from another selfless soul "amit_sp”, superbly handled stopovers, timings, ensuring that we reached rally on time and also more importantly that 'No child (read registered bus member) was left behind' and keeping driver happy etc....

Special thoughts also go to whoever came up and arranged the idea of the Gurudwara stopover during the forward journey. It was simply superb! We were able to catch up some sleep there and were fresh for the rally. The host at the the Gurudwara was most gracious. The facilities were good. We were grateful for the lovely breakfast and tea that was served.

The rally was very well organized, right to the minutest details. It was a wonderful effort from some really tired but focused and determined looking volunteer folks whom I saw scrambling around while we participants had it easy. During the rally got a good view of the Capitol Hill and other spots. The cops on motorbikes, cars and bicycles monitoring our procession looked an awesome sight. But that paled compared to the feeling of camaraderie and friendship that was overwhelming all of us folks in white IV T shirts.

Also saw faces behind IV handles, the core and other ever active ones, and found out that they were just like me, two hands two legs.... no horns or feathers. Realization then struck that what probably differentiated them from a lot of us was simply that they have reacted to the same problems you and I have in a smart, constructive and selfless manner.

This is what I could remember and share with few of you who unfortunately could not make it and a whole lot of you who did not make it. To the latter, the feeling of high I have now from having acted upon my normal demons is something I am not able to describe. I just feel it......

Old 09-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light laborchic is a glorious beacon of light
Cool Everyone's picture

Almost everyone from NJ Bus can find their good picture in this link..

Thanks guyfrommsg

http://picasaweb.google.com/kannansm...DCRally18Sep07

Old 09-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone found that guy(I think his name was Pravin or Prashant) who was in your bus when we arrived but disappeared for rest of the day
I was in NY bus (boarded @ Princeton) and our bus left later (at around 4pm) but he did not arrive. I think he took a free ride for DC darshan

Quote:

Thanks guyfrommsg

Attended the 18th Sep rally in DC.
Sent Letters to White House and phone calls to congressmen.
Completed all action items for HR 3012 & requested friends as well.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

If any of you have not yet joined the tri state chapter, please click the link in my signature and join now

Old 09-19-2007, 05:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
Default He called

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_in_migration View Post
Did anyone found that guy(I think his name was Pravin or Prashant) who was in your bus when we arrived but disappeared for rest of the day
I was in NY bus (boarded @ Princeton) and our bus left later (at around 4pm) but he did not arrive. I think he took a free ride for DC darshan
Yeah the guy called me after an hour and told me that he got a ride from his friend.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

He might have got a ride from his friend as soon as we reach DC at around 8am

Quote:
Yeah the guy called me after an hour and told me that he got a ride from his friend.

Attended the 18th Sep rally in DC.
Sent Letters to White House and phone calls to congressmen.
Completed all action items for HR 3012 & requested friends as well.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute

NJ bus folks U guys rock...
Thanks for all the enthusiastic participation at the rally.
Thanks to Amit for co-ordinating the bus ride..

Old 09-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
guyfromsg has a spectacular aura about guyfromsg has a spectacular aura about
Default Link is broken..

Quote:

Thanks guyfrommsg

Thanks for your comments. Link in my signature should work

Old 09-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default just to add

that singhsa3 deserves all your accolades here- he struggled for days to get the tri state bus logistics in place...he could not come himself due to pressing commitments but he did ensure that the buses would run...and clearly left the two buses in very capable hands...

also a big thanks to murali for helping with the effort to recruit people for the buses.

i apologise- i do not know the folks who actually led the buses- feels strange to me since i had been butting my head about buses for days- i think i did meet annina (did i get that right?) and i see amit's name here...thanks to both of you for a job well done

glad the gurudwara worked out well, i was a bit unsure about it, but they had assured me that you guys would be taken care of...and gurudwaras are traditionally welcoming places...i will be sure to communicate to them how happy you guys were with the arrangements!

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Last edited by paskal; 09-20-2007 at 05:11 PM.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
mukuraj is just really nice mukuraj is just really nice mukuraj is just really nice mukuraj is just really nice mukuraj is just really nice
Unhappy Sorry I haven't taken the bus

After reading all this, I feel sorry that I didn't take the bus ride from Metropark. I was driving on the road for 5 hours each way

Thanks to Murali & Nataraj. We should have turned out in great numbers.

The Home Tribune News:

Before the Rally: http://www.thnt.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...=2007709180380

After the Rally: http://www.thnt.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...=2007709190383

Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/mukuraj/...onVoiceDCRally

Thanks,
Mukund

Closed Thread