Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

View Poll Results: Tri State members : Do you want to share bus ride for DC rally?
Yes, I want to share the Bus Ride to DC rally 46 58.97%
No 13 16.67%
I will consider if there is a Bus 24 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default keep this thread up

guys

we would like to have BUSES not just one bus from tri state
as you can see it's cost effective- and you can take family and friends for the ride. you guys are so close to DC that there should be no excuses- we all need your presence in the rally! please come up to join this movement, also join your state chapter- lots of info available there!

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 08-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default please help bump

and keep the thread visible if people won't post!

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 08-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/25/2007
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Compare
TempWorker is on a distinguished road

I am from PA (philadelphia area) and will consider if there's a bus. If not, I am planning to drive down there a night before and stay at a friends place in VA.
-----------------------
PD: 1 Sept 2004, EB3-Row
I40 Approved - Jan 2007
I-485 RD - June 8 2007 (TSC)
Fingerprinting Done - July 17 2007
485 Approved: Sept 2 2010
GC Rec'd in mail: Sept 8 2010

Old 08-21-2007, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Default bumping

c'mon tristate!
step up

Old 08-22-2007, 01:53 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Exclamation Let's go to DC on September 18th

Dear Tri State members,

IV has many more than 3,000 registered members from the 3 states that you inhabit. And many many more thousands that have not registered but still visit this or other sites in their anxiety over a prolonged and torturous process ahead. A large number of those members (and others) would have benefited from the recent USCIS U turn and have been able to file AOS petitions (and will doubtless get receipts soon- we all pray!). If IV succeeds in achieving it's goals then each one will benefit. Already, we are better off. We have a voice. Legislators sit up and listen to our problems. Bills and amendments that would solve our long standing issues have been introduced. We stand up for ourselves, and we feel empowered by that. And yet, some 13 of you have bothered to answer the question about traveling to the rally. Are we as a community really so stubbornly selfish and blinded by fear to the point that we can no longer see what's good for us?
The Tri State area is a hop skip and jump away from DC. When i lived in NJ (and worked in NY) I routinely drove to DC on a whim. Hardly broke a sweat getting there either. Then there is a bus and train and shuttle flights. And now, there is a bus with your friends, colleagues and fellow iv members. So what exactly holds you back? Receipts? I cannot bring myself to believe that. No, this is a deeper malaise. And if we don't treat it precipitously, maybe we do not deserve to survive it.
I believe I am a part of a better, stronger community that the one reflected here. Please prove me right. I will wait with baited breath...for the Tri State contingent to dominate the 9/18 rally and make themselves heard. To see the Tri state chapter lead all others in numbers, enthusiasm and strength.
You guys are the key to our success. Please do not let us down.

As I said earlier I lived in the Tri State region for a while and it's my favorite place in the world (after home). I feel like I'm a virtual part of your chapter. Please, please do not disappoint....

Old 08-22-2007, 08:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light

I really dont understand why NJ folks are not stepping forward. There are so many immigrants out here in NJ but I see hardly few guys active in IV and the rally publicity.. It would be really a shame for NJ IV members to have couple hundred participating in rally instead of thousands..
Btw, I stay in NJ and work in NY. Signed up for the bus, but whats the point if only 10 of us are going. We would rather drive down.

I kindly request to all NJ members - please speak up. At least let the IV core team and senior members know why you are not planning to come for the rally.
I-485 ND 18-Sep-2007
I-485 Soft LUD 31-Mar-2009
I-485 RFERR 18-Aug-2015
GC Approved!! 1-Sep-2015

Contribution - $225 till date

Old 08-22-2007, 08:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Paskal - I don't know what to say, but it is disheartening to see this kind of poor response. Some members who have been committed are working extremely hard, but looks like others just do not want to come forward - the attitude is - why bother when others can do it.

If we go in small numbers - the rally may work gainst us. Our opposition will know that we are week and divided community then some damage will happen and then you will see all these cowards requesting IV for rally

Old 08-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold

They are just busy with tracking receipt and don't have time to come to rally..
Even if you look at members online , you will see most of them are on July 2nd receipt thread and most of them say 'No' they won't come to DC.

I can understand few might have some conflicts or some problem but not everybody. Once they get receipt and when they are stuck in EAD/AP for years then they will come back and accuse IV that they haven't done anything.

I think illegal are better then us. They migh have borken the law but they know how to work together and how to support rally..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
Paskal - I don't know what to say, but it is disheartening to see this kind of poor response. Some members who have been committed are working extremely hard, but looks like others just do not want to come forward - the attitude is - why bother when others can do it.

If we go in small numbers - the rally may work gainst us. Our opposition will know that we are week and divided community then some damage will happen and then you will see all these cowards requesting IV for rally

Old 08-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light

^^^

NJ/NY/CT people - Please keep this thread up. Apart from PA/DE/VA/MD/DC folks, we are the ones who are in driving distance to DC and we are the ones who can make a difference by thousands, not by hundreds. Please, do attend the rally, spread the word around, invite your friends and colleagues to IV and the rally. And please show some enthusiasm.
I-485 ND 18-Sep-2007
I-485 Soft LUD 31-Mar-2009
I-485 RFERR 18-Aug-2015
GC Approved!! 1-Sep-2015

Contribution - $225 till date

Old 08-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tri-state folks...

Tri-state folks wake up..

Time to act. Please participate in the poll.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
maine_gc is just really nice maine_gc is just really nice maine_gc is just really nice maine_gc is just really nice
Default Come on Tri-State folks

I live in a small place in KY and i am able to mobilise 15 people from my place till now for the rally. Only 16 people are interested in tri-state? Come on folks wake up.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramus View Post
They are just busy with tracking receipt and don't have time to come to rally..
Even if you look at members online , you will see most of them are on July 2nd receipt thread and most of them say 'No' they won't come to DC.

I can understand few might have some conflicts or some problem but not everybody. Once they get receipt and when they are stuck in EAD/AP for years then they will come back and accuse IV that they haven't done anything.

I think illegal are better then us. They migh have borken the law but they know how to work together and how to support rally..
Yes you are right. See those notice threads... They run in 50+ pages. We call ourselves well educated but still don't understand that these notices do not have much use. This has been pointed many times on the forum. I am also disappointed at the attitude of some members who post on this forum and expect IV core to respond to each any every question and post as if we have all the free time in this world. Some member posted some number calculations here and expected us to respond. If you don't respond, they write on other forums as if we are here to do customer service and if we do not do a good service, we are bad.
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=261665
(this member has not updated the profile, does not want to volunteer, does not want to come for the rally but want us to do a good customer service for him)
The answer to such people is-- please be busy in your numbers and notices. Many people have done it before and many will do it. posting numbers on the forums will not help. Take these numbers and meet your congressman.

And another disappointment of the day: IV members are calling our members and very few members have updated our profile and given us their correct email and phone numbers. A volunteer called a member and the number went to Death/Funeral services. A lot of numbers are fake.

If this is the attitude of members, then it is sad. We probably need to delete such members from our membership. This organization is run by people who are committed to the cause and success will be defined by members who share the same belief. Only these people who share the same belief WILL come for the rally and these are the people we should care about.

The only personal interest IV core has for the rally is that our green cards are also stuck like everyone else. People joining this rally are coming because they also feel for this cause from their heart and want to be the people who will be instrumental in making changes for themselves and for future immigrant generations.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do yourself a favor

I am back. Was busy yesterday doing some trivial things like finding a job for myself , as it got terminated recently and have two mouths to feed. But I can assure everyone who is reading this message that I will continue to move forward to achieve our mission.

Pappu, I fully agree with every words you have said. This is a grass root effort. Unless each and every member is active, we cannot achieve our mission.

We are not doing any charity or social work here. Those of us who are active, I can assure on their behalf their continued committments "till they get their green cards". After that at least I don't care.

So the folks with late PD or in EB3 category should take a serious note of my words. If the laws are not changed, I would still get my GC because of my earlier PD but you are doomed.

So think and do yourselves a favor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Yes you are right. See those notice threads... They run in 50+ pages. We call ourselves well educated but still don't understand that these notices do not have much use. This has been pointed many times on the forum. I am also disappointed at the attitude of some members who post on this forum and expect IV core to respond to each any every question and post as if we have all the free time in this world. Some member posted some number calculations here and expected us to respond. If you don't respond, they write on other forums as if we are here to do customer service and if we do not do a good service, we are bad.
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=261665
(this member has not updated the profile, does not want to volunteer, does not want to come for the rally but want us to do a good customer service for him)
The answer to such people is-- please be busy in your numbers and notices. Many people have done it before and many will do it. posting numbers on the forums will not help. Take these numbers and meet your congressman.

And another disappointment of the day: IV members are calling our members and very few members have updated our profile and given us their correct email and phone numbers. A volunteer called a member and the number went to Death/Funeral services. A lot of numbers are fake.

If this is the attitude of members, then it is sad. We probably need to delete such members from our membership. This organization is run by people who are committed to the cause and success will be defined by members who share the same belief. Only these people who share the same belief WILL come for the rally and these are the people we should care about.

The only personal interest IV core has for the rally is that our green cards are also stuck like everyone else. People joining this rally are coming because they also feel for this cause from their heart and want to be the people who will be instrumental in making changes for themselves and for future immigrant generations.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/25/2007
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Compare
TempWorker is on a distinguished road

Sadly so that is the case. I have so many people around me who whine about delays in getting green card but arenít willing to join in the rally. They come up with some lame excuses.
-----------------------
PD: 1 Sept 2004, EB3-Row
I40 Approved - Jan 2007
I-485 RD - June 8 2007 (TSC)
Fingerprinting Done - July 17 2007
485 Approved: Sept 2 2010
GC Rec'd in mail: Sept 8 2010

Old 08-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Compare
mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post

Buddy here are some of the reasons (other than time tested "coward" reason) for a low response:

1> We are talking about rally which is 4 weeks away. Getting receipt is more of attention grabber than attending rally discussion.

2> In addition people living in the nearby states don't have to make extensive plans to attend the rally. They can simply get up in the morning and drive down in 4 hours. If they live in NYC and don't have a car then they can get a return ticket for $35 and can catch a bus from City Hall every 1/2 hour, not kidding.

3> No response does not mean no interest.

4> In addition, some like me are not sure whether the dates are going to change again.

5> Believe me it is easier to mobilize 30 out of 30 people than 30 out of 3000 people. There are different psychological reasons. Anyways just a hint after coming to the USA we are suddenly more aware and sensitive of our culture and people from our country. I know many who did not visit their places of worship when they were in their native country and have started visiting every weekend after coming to the USA.

PS: I am keeping my message country, religion, gender, etc. neutral as per guidelines.

Closed Thread