Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Recent Blogs
Click to log in with Facebook
Recent Blogs RSS feeds of select Blogs on Immigration

Old 05-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold
Default Indians refuse air-france compensation

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/I...ow/4594595.cms

here is the original event details:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/I...ow/4513426.cms

Every now and then i meet people who think/claim that UK/Aus/Canada/France/Germany are better places to live than US. They point at their labor policies, care for human rights, civil liberties such as gay rights etc. Recently heard that French people work the least # of hours in the world.

Despite of all the good things (in theory) in those countries, their racist attitude towards colored people make them less desirable than US. I have not been to EU/Aus but been to Canada at least a dozen times, and personally i feel US is a LOT BETTER country to live for colored people.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of

I have never flown Air France before and I will never fly them again, even if they are the cheapest. And I mean it.
If every indian can do that, it will bring a change in attitude.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute

European carriers are not that friendly to indian flyers. if you have a choice, try to avoid them.
485 approved on Jan 25,2012.
Physical cards received on Jan 30, 2012
one time contribution - 100$
one time contribution for April 2011 Advocacy days - 50$
Old 05-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2007
Compare
GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by belmontboy View Post
European carriers are not that friendly to indian flyers. if you have a choice, try to avoid them.
They are proving themselves as idiots. Who else has money to fly now a days?

N. B.: They means - Airlines.

Last edited by GCKaMaara; 05-29-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCKaMaara View Post
They are proving themselves as idiots. Who else has money to fly now a days?
Well, if your travel agent offers a Air France ticket, refuse and tell him the reason why u don't want to fly them.

First of all their tickets are way too pricy. People pay shit load of money and get treated like a dogs?? We have choice no matter where u fly from. Try to avoid these European carriers. Try to fly Asian or Indian carriers.

Air France needs to learn that everybody is a customer, irrespective of their skin color/race. And every customer is entitled to same service as rest of them.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold
Default Air India is worse

I'll take that Air France ordeal anyday w/o compensation over an Air India first class ticket.

Quote:
Monthly Financial Contributer
Old 05-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepaew View Post
I'll take that Air France ordeal anyday w/o compensation over an Air India first class ticket.
i'll take this as a joke.

comments like these only shows our attitude of "i like to get my a$$ kicked. Please feel free to take a dig"

on a serious note, you know that you have other choices right????
Old 05-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute

I flew Air France once in 2003. My connecting flight from Paris to Delhi got delayed by 12 hours. When I approached the Air France staff, they told me that since I had an Indian passport, I would have to wait out the entire time in the transit area. Meanwhile, they proceeded to make arrangements for other non-Indian passengers. They even refused to acknowledge my attempts to reason with them, either not replying to me, or replying only in French. I filed a formal complaint afterwards, but never got a reply.

I have travelled on numerous times since then, but never with Air France. I don't even consider them as an option anymore.
New EB2 I-140 Approved: 12/5/2011 (TSC)
Interfiled 12/15/2012
Greened on Feb 10, 2012!
Total Contribution: $200
Old 05-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2008
Compare
Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all

Quote:
Well, if your travel agent offers a Air France ticket, refuse and tell him the reason why u don't want to fly them.

First of all their tickets are way too pricy. People pay shit load of money and get treated like a dogs?? We have choice no matter where u fly from. Try to avoid these European carriers. Try to fly Asian or Indian carriers.

Air France needs to learn that everybody is a customer, irrespective of their skin color/race. And every customer is entitled to same service as rest of them.
This is exactly what I do after a similar experience in 2003. I always discourage my friends and family from flying with Air France though I disagree with the statement about 'European carriers'. I have flow KLM & Swiss and they are very good airlines.

I think the best airlines are US airlines unless you are flying Delta.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2008
Compare
Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky_jones View Post
I flew Air France once in 2003. My connecting flight from Paris to Delhi got delayed by 12 hours. When I approached the Air France staff, they told me that since I had an Indian passport, I would have to wait out the entire time in the transit area. Meanwhile, they proceeded to make arrangements for other non-Indian passengers. They even refused to acknowledge my attempts to reason with them, either not replying to me, or replying only in French. I filed a formal complaint afterwards, but never got a reply.

I have travelled on numerous times since then, but never with Air France. I don't even consider them as an option anymore.
Sparky I had same experience in 2003 only my next flight was after 24 hours. They refused to accommodate me in a hotel or on another flight though they had sense to issue me a calling card for 10 euros and a meal coupon. I have never flow AF since that day (even if their tickets are cheaper) and neither has any of my friends or family member. Every time I hear somebody is planning to fly to India, I tell them my story and trust me nobody I know has flow with AF since 2003.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2006
Compare
bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of

I've had some experience with Air France. BTW I have never flown with them. My father died on an Air France plane many years ago. His body was unloaded in Paris, and stayed there for 14 days while the French were celebrating Bastille day.
Maybe it was the association with this loss and Air France that made me never look at them. But also they are pretty expensive, no?
Old 05-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humhongekamyab View Post
Sparky I had same experience in 2003 only my next flight was after 24 hours. They refused to accommodate me in a hotel or on another flight though they had sense to issue me a calling card for 10 euros and a meal coupon. I have never flow AF since that day (even if their tickets are cheaper) and neither has any of my friends or family member. Every time I hear somebody is planning to fly to India, I tell them my story and trust me nobody I know has flow with AF since 2003.
I have never flown with them. I always prefer AA and Continental direct flight. Nobody I know have ever flown with AF and now I will make sure nobody ever does.

I hope media in India makes a very big deal out of this issue. They will learn their lesson.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hindu_king will become famous soon enough hindu_king will become famous soon enough
Default France is the new third world

Looks like the French felt like Indians are 3rd world country people and thats how they treated them. Reality is France is the newest third world country. While there are less slums in India now than 10 years ago, it's the opposite in France. They have more slums than ever and their work culture is pathetic. 35 work hours/week, 3 months vacation, endless sick days and no one can get fired. all they do is complain, riot in the streets, burn cars in suburbs. The Champs-Élysées type of fancy France is only 10% and the remaining 90% is a sh*t-hole.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/13/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2012
Compare
grimreaper has a brilliant future grimreaper has a brilliant future grimreaper has a brilliant future grimreaper has a brilliant future grimreaper has a brilliant future grimreaper has a brilliant future grimreaper has a brilliant future grimreaper has a brilliant future grimreaper has a brilliant future grimreaper has a brilliant future grimreaper has a brilliant future
Angry AF is the worst

I have flown only once via AF from Detroit to Blore via paris. Eventhough at Paris I did not have any problem, the flight exp was horrible. The food portions were really small and they did not give any extras. I literally starved till I reached Blr. On my way back, I carried food from home for the flight. I have never traveled on AF since. I think we need to take a pledge not to travel on AF ever. Lufthansa is no better. The Frankfurt terminal for flights to Asian countries is despicable, but on the way back they have fancy lounges.

I am waiting for more flights from Jet and Kingfisher which would make travel more enjoyable.

Air India is variable service sometimes really good and sometimes really bad. But the food is always good.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare

Yes, lets make a list of airlines that we had horrible experience - i would give more importance to any discriminations that was racial rather than reasons like "food was bad"

and lets try to avoid such airlines and teach them a lesson. There is an old saying "Customer is King". if they don't know this, lets teach them.