Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing. Changing employers without affecting green card process.

Old 05-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Starting a letter campaign ..going Solo

I am starting a letter campaign starting asap. No, I am not requesting IV or anybody else to join me in doing it. I have tried several times but we are not that much united. If somebody joins me, it is fine, otherwise I am going solo. I plan to write to the following places regarding my grievances about the unfair visa quota and USCIS not following the priority dates.

1. cis ombudsman
2. CNN
3. Mr. President
4. USCIS Director
5. DHS Director

Yes, I still need your help. Help me in getting the addresses please. ( I think we can put them on Wiki also)
Help me in drafting the letter please (if you have some kind of draft in any earlier thread).
<edit> the draft of the letter is now ready can be viewed and edited. Here is the link:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dd4vkc...ite=1870524266

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by bsbawa10; 05-19-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbawa10 View Post
I am starting a letter campaign starting asap. No, I am not requesting IV or anybody else to join me in doing it. I have tried several times but we are not that much united. If somebody joins me, it is fine, otherwise I am going solo. I plan to write to the following places regarding my grievances about the unfair visa quota and USCIS not following the priority dates.

1. cis ombudsman
2. CNN
3. Zoe
4. Mr. President
5. USCIS Director
6. DHS Director

Yes, I still need your help. Help me in getting the addresses please. ( I think we can put them on Wiki also)
Help me in drafting the letter please (if you have some kind of draft in any earlier thread).

Many thanks in advance.
You dont have to go solo. Join the donor forum, state chapter and if you want do this...you can start a campaign and lead the effort.

Then people take you seriously and will support you.

Old 05-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
You dont have to go solo. Join the donor forum, state chapter and if you want do this...you can start a campaign and lead the effort.

Then people take you seriously and will support you.
I think people do not have to support me, I can go solo and tell them I did it. If they want to do the same, they can if they do not , they do not.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute

Hey if you think you are doing the right thing, no one is gonna stop you, but if you put your enthusiasm and energy in to collective effort and work with everyone on this platform, chances of being successful are more. Its up to you, think a bout it...thanks

Old 05-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikekilo View Post
Hey if you think you are doing the right thing, no one is gonna stop you, but if you put your enthusiasm and energy in to collective effort and work with everyone on this platform, chances of being successful are more. Its up to you, think a bout it...thanks
I am just informing everybody here so that there is a possibility of this thing being collective effort. However, in the past it clearly showed that we are not united and people do not take action at all. So, I am not waiting on anybody and delaying my action but I am in a way leading by showing that I am doing it but it is upto people to follow or not.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute

More or less this effort looks like this one below ..It may hurt us more than it might help..but hey, looks like you know what you are doing..good luck

http://www1.immigrationvoice.org/for...1&postcount=36

Old 05-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of
Default Good Luck!!

Good Luck for solo efforts!! I am already doing this!!!

There is a MSN article and I just posted following

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...ew=true#uc2Lst

Let these people think!!

Why you need to bring new immigrants. Why you people are not thinking about the legal immigrants who are already here!!!

I read some of the comments and I believe nobody talk about the legal immigrants who have come on H1B Visa and now waiting for green card. These immigrants (including me) have earn lot of money and will buy not only home , cars, furniture.....

We already have talked to some politicians and many others but nobody understands. Instead they sent the processing date of green card back to 2000 or unavailable and forcing us to leave country. What a joke!! We earned a lot of money here legally, paid all kind of taxes now politicians think that we should go back not only with all money (that we earned from you) with the jobs we are doing here. Remember that the IT jobs are most easily outsourced.

Why need green card???. Because green card make sure that

1. We will get longer term Driving License.
2. Don't need VISA stamping every time we go home country and come back.
3. Need not to maintain tons of legal paper work to remain as legal immigrant. Will save thousand dollars of attorney fees.
4. Can change the employer.
5. We can manage our investments in better ways.
6. Will get a chance to become citizen.

We understand that if we get green card and even if we all buy home it will not solve the housing problem completely but it will reduce some home inventory and will increase the consumer spending. I am not sure that my comment will convince anyone or not but till I get Green Card or get kicked out of the country I will be living in the lowest rented apartment with bare minimum spending, saving most of the my salary.

Thanks for reading!!!

Old 05-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/21/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
gc_dream07 is just really nice gc_dream07 is just really nice gc_dream07 is just really nice gc_dream07 is just really nice gc_dream07 is just really nice
Default Do you have letters ready?

Quote:
I am just informing everybody here so that there is a possibility of this thing being collective effort. However, in the past it clearly showed that we are not united and people do not take action at all. So, I am not waiting on anybody and delaying my action but I am in a way leading by showing that I am doing it but it is upto people to follow or not.
Do you have the letters ready? Can you please share? I will send them too.

Proud Member, Texas State Chapter: http://www.yahoogro ups.com/group/ texasiv

Old 05-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07-22-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-11-2007
Compare
jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future
Post let us know

Let us know when you finalize the letter. I will join you too.

there are some active members who will support you on this. Is it okay to make a yahoo/google group with those members and make the letters and then post the updates on IV website. Just thinking of the anti's.

J Thomas

Quote:

1. cis ombudsman
2. CNN
3. Mr. President
4. USCIS Director
5. DHS Director

Many thanks in advance.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare

I will finalize the letter by tomorrow and post it here

Old 05-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
Let us know when you finalize the letter. I will join you too.

there are some active members who will support you on this. Is it okay to make a yahoo/google group with those members and make the letters and then post the updates on IV website. Just thinking of the anti's.

J Thomas
We already have a media group. If you are interested, become a donor and contact meenal for further information.

Thanks,

Old 05-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
I will finalize the letter by tomorrow and post it here
Why dont you join our media group....

Old 05-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssingh92 View Post
Good Luck for solo efforts!! I am already doing this!!!.

Why need green card???. Because green card make sure that

1. We will get longer term Driving License.
2. Don't need VISA stamping every time we go home country and come back.
3. Need not to maintain tons of legal paper work to remain as legal immigrant. Will save thousand dollars of attorney fees.
4. Can change the employer.
5. We can manage our investments in better ways.
6. Will get a chance to become citizen.

We understand that if we get green card and even if we all buy home it will not solve the housing problem completely but it will reduce some home inventory and will increase the consumer spending. I am not sure that my comment will convince anyone or not but till I get Green Card or get kicked out of the country I will be living in the lowest rented apartment with bare minimum spending, saving most of the my salary.

Thanks for reading!!!
[/i]
good post ..actually we should talk about this ..for e.g. I get along with my manager and I told him the GC delays prevented me from buying a house at bubble prices !!!
also even if 1/4th the inventory were to be cleared then it would help a lot ..sad point is that lot of immigrants (and Indians) ran to buy a house at bubble prices as soon as they got their EAD's ..if they had waited then we would have had bigger leverage !!

Old 05-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
Default Draft of the letter

Below is the draft of my letter. I am focusing on one thing only i.e. unfair country quota for now. I still need the addresses. If somebody has them, please post here or PM me.

LIST OF ADDRESS BELOW (PLEASE CONTRIBUTE ADDRESSES)

1. CIS ombudsman
Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman
Department of Homeland Security
Attention: Case Problems
Mail Stop 1225
Washington, D.C. 20528-1225

2. CNN (address needed)
3. Mr. President(address needed)
4. USCIS Director(Please correct this address if it is wrong)
Emilio T. Gonzalez
20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20529
5. DHS Director(address needed)

Subject: Suffering of Indian and Chinese community due to unfair country quota for employment based green cards

With due respect, I want to bring your attention to unfair and unjustified country quota for green card for legal tax paying employment category waiting for green card.

It is an unseen torture but that there are people(Indian and Chinese especially) who have spent more than a decade just to become a permanent resident in this country. To add insult to the injury, there is a random factor also provided by DHS(Department of Homeland Security) and USCIS(US Citizenship and Immigration Services). The visa dates which dictate when a person can apply for green card or when his green card can be processed keep on moving back and forth which determine when a person can apply for his adjustment of status under employment based category . The logic for moving the dates is not transparent and retrogresses by as much as 4 years. Yes, in the world of USCIS, there are no numbers published and there is no way of knowing as to how many applications are pending per country per category. It is like shooting in the dark and if you are luck, you would get your green card.

The indirect suffering is actually on the US side also but it is again not seen. Thousands and thousands of such Indian and Chinese cannot contribute to society , cannot buy houses (which can contribute to economy).

It is traumatic experience to wait endlessly in anticipation of green card. This endless wait is taking toll on individual and families. As individuals, we are not able to make any career moves due to the fear of losing status. Secondly , on the family front, we are not able to invest in buying a home or making any long term investment. I want to bring to your notice that the main sufferers are Indian and Chinese aspirants who toil hard to study, build skills, get employment pay taxes, Medicare and Social Security for years and still there is endless wait for them to get the green card.

With years and years of wait and thousands of dollars spent on maintaining status and renewing visas, the following questions start brewing in our minds:
Are we worse than the people who illegally enter the country ? Are we paying price for honestly paying the taxes and legally entering the country ? Does US want to show that it encourages racism by having per country quotas (I am sorry to use the word "racism" but this is exactly what it amounts to) ?

With so much media coverage having been focused on illegal immigration until now, nobody has seen the plight of legal immigrants. Nobody has seen the torture to them.
It is unfair, in a democracy and in a country that prides itself on its openness, for the government to manipulate procedures, while wreaking havoc on people's lives. It undermines our legal immigration system and the orderliness upon which that system - and all of those relying upon it - depend

I strongly request removing country limit for employment based visas and it makes sense because EB is based on qualification and employment vs any pre-defined quota. This is not only just and fair, but it is "right thing to do". Also because it is justice to people. It will show that "Honesty and hard work are rewarded" in America.

Last edited by bsbawa10; 05-18-2009 at 09:13 PM.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mannubhai has a spectacular aura about mannubhai has a spectacular aura about
Default Nice letter

I know a few days back there was a posting with a link to sending letters / comments to White House. I just dug it out -

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contactus/

Please post any other addresses you have get your hands on