Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 07-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default IV Announcement: NOTICE OF SUBCOMMITTEE HEARING

We are very happy to announce that IV core Team member Dr. Puneet Arora (paskal) will be testifying in the Senate Immigration Subcommittee hearing next week. Our organization has been invited to testify and it is an honor for all of us. The hard work of all IV members from past 6 years is recognized and lawmakers want to hear from us to fix the broken immigration system. Please mark your calendars for 10am, July 26 morning. If you can come to DC you are invited to join us at the hearing. Else you can watch it on C-Span. We will post the link when it is available.

More details:
View a Hearing or Meeting

“The Economic Imperative for Enacting Immigration Reform”
Senate Judiciary Committee
Subcommittee on Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
View a webcast of this hearing
DATE: July 26, 2011
TIME: 10:00 AM
ROOM: Dirksen 226
OFFICIAL HEARING NOTICE / WITNESS LIST:

July 19, 2011

NOTICE OF SUBCOMMITTEE HEARING

The Senate Committee on the Judiciary has scheduled a hearing of the Subcommittee on Immigration, Refugees and Border Security entitled “The Economic Imperative for Enacting Immigration Reform” for Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. in Room 226 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building.

Chairman Schumer to preside.

By order of the Chairman.

Witness List

Hearing before the
Senate Committee on the Judiciary

On

Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Dirksen Senate Office Building, Room 226
10:00 a.m.

Panel I

Robert Greifeld
Chief Executive Officer
NASDAQ OMX Group
New York, NY

David J. Skorton
President
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY

Brad Smith
General Counsel and Senior Vice President, Legal and Corporate Affairs
Microsoft Corporation
Redmond, WA

Dr. Puneet S. Arora
Vice President
Immigration Voice
Los Angeles, CA

Last edited by Administrator2; 07-19-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

6 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Sen. Chuck Schumer tries reviving immigration bill - Carrie Budoff Brown - POLITICO.com

The witnesses includes NASDAQ chief Robert Greifield, Cornell University President David Skorton, Microsoft General Counsel Brad Smith, and Amgen medical director Puneet Arora, who is testifying in his role as a leader of Immigration Voice, which favors boosting legal immigration of high-skilled workers. The second panel will include testimony from the mayors of Utica, N.Y., Lewiston, Maine, and Uvalda, Ga.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1SZczwO7r

Old 07-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Congrats!

It is a great achivement. Congrats IV.
c) priority date and
d)location to i485.mailing.list@gmail.com .

Until Congress enacts legislation to eliminate backlogs, people who cannot file I485 will always be in limbo and at the mercy of endless H1B visa extensions and visa stamps. Join us and be a part of future IV initiatives to push USCIS to allow I485 filing without current PD.
Wiki

Old 07-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Congrats!

Good Luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
We are very happy to announce that IV core Team member Dr. Puneet Arora (paskal) will be testifying in the Senate Immigration Subcommittee hearing next week. Our organization has been invited to testify and it is an honor for all of us. The hard work of all IV members from past 6 years is recognized and lawmakers want to hear from us to fix the broken immigration system. Please mark your calendars for 10am, July 26 morning. If you can come to DC you are invited to join us at the hearing. Else you can watch it on C-Span. We will post the link when it is available.

More details:

July 19, 2011

The Senate Committee on the Judiciary has scheduled a hearing of the Subcommittee on Immigration, Refugees and Border Security entitled “The Economic Imperative for Enacting Immigration Reform” for Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. in Room 226 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building.

Witness List

Hearing before the

On

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Panel I

Robert Greifeld
Chief Executive Officer
NASDAQ OMX Group
New York, NY

David J. Skorton
President
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY

Brad Smith
Microsoft Corporation
Redmond, WA

Dr. Puneet S. Arora
Vice President
Immigration Voice
Los Angeles, CA

Old 07-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Congratulations and God bless!

Old 07-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2012
Compare
kumar4875 is a jewel in the rough kumar4875 is a jewel in the rough kumar4875 is a jewel in the rough kumar4875 is a jewel in the rough

If you can come to DC you are invited to join us at the hearing. --

what exactly you mean .

How many people are allowed to come in?

Will it be effective if more people gathered there?

Old 07-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post

More details:

July 19, 2011

Witness List

Hearing before the

On

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Panel I

Robert Greifeld
Chief Executive Officer
NASDAQ OMX Group
New York, NY

David J. Skorton
President
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY

Brad Smith
Microsoft Corporation
Redmond, WA

Dr. Puneet S. Arora
Vice President
Immigration Voice
Los Angeles, CA
congrats to all of IV's core team. I'll be watching it in office

Old 07-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
asanghi is a jewel in the rough asanghi is a jewel in the rough asanghi is a jewel in the rough asanghi is a jewel in the rough
Default Congratulations

on being recognized. This really is a huge recognition. Good luck to Paskal.
Partial Sponsor of a ticket to DC Rally

PD: June 2002
I-485 Filed: June 29th 2007

Old 07-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
new2gc has much to be proud of new2gc has much to be proud of new2gc has much to be proud of new2gc has much to be proud of new2gc has much to be proud of new2gc has much to be proud of new2gc has much to be proud of new2gc has much to be proud of new2gc has much to be proud of new2gc has much to be proud of
Default This is great!!

This is a great achievement to get such recognition....Well done team IV.

Hope the lawmakers now hear the issues directly from us rather than thru lobbying firms...:-)
I know.. only Lobbying works and nothing else...!!

Old 07-19-2011, 01:51 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Congratulations

Pappu thanks for posting, congrats to IV & paskal. Its a huge achievement

Old 07-19-2011, 01:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
thankgod is infamous around these parts thankgod is infamous around these parts thankgod is infamous around these parts thankgod is infamous around these parts thankgod is infamous around these parts thankgod is infamous around these parts thankgod is infamous around these parts thankgod is infamous around these parts thankgod is infamous around these parts thankgod is infamous around these parts thankgod is infamous around these parts

Great achievement. All the best to all of us.

Please post the updates regularly.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats IV....hope to see all the nay sayers to join IV's efforts soon.
# Contact the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ice.gov) by telephone at (866) DHS-2-ICE. The hotline is designed specifically to accept immigration violation reports. You can complain anonymously.

Fraud Detection and National Security (FDNS) Directorate
111 Massachusetts Ave., NW Suite 7002,
Mail Stop 2280 Washington,
D.C. 20529-2280
FDNS@dhs.gov
filing without current PD

Old 07-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Great effort.
Thank you for speaking on behalf of all of us.

Old 07-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Imho,

IMHO, we must stop talking from high pedestal and be approachable and all-inclusive first. There is nothing to prove to nay-sayers or people sitting on the fence. There will always be nay sayers and doubters, it's just a waste of time to even target them. Moreover, this is definitely not the time for chest-thumping.

My 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
Congrats IV....hope to see all the nay sayers to join IV's efforts soon.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Donor/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/22/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute sage2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Great effort by IV.
I hope the entire EB community unites over IV's tireless efforts. IV core members have been selflessly workign and speaking out for us. Taking time out of work to attend meetings on Capitol Hill, travelling across the country for lobbying, working 9-5 day jobs and then spending the rest of their personal time for advocating EB relief provisions and so on.I , for one, am personally aware of these efforts. These efforts and sacrifices never come out in public since these guys do not want any attention or credit. Most of them already have their green cards but are just motivated by the challenge to fix this issue of green card backlogs.

The bottomline is that we are in this mess together and lobbying and legislative relief is the ONLY way to reduce EB green card wait times. So even if people disagree with IV, the fact is that every backlogged EB applicant will benefit from these efforts.
Good Luck to paskal at the hearing. I am sure he will do a great job bringing focus to our plight.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.