Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > PERM Processing
Click to log in with Facebook
PERM Processing Labor processing through PERM

View Poll Results: Will you join/volunteer for Fix Perm AUDIT Issues?
Yes 98 66.67%
No 26 17.69%
May Be... 23 15.65%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hellomms is just really nice hellomms is just really nice hellomms is just really nice hellomms is just really nice
Default PERM Audits & Endless Delay - IV Advise Needed

Fellows,

We all had a sigh of relief when we saw the new labor certification process (Perm) and were promised that it will be much faster and smooth. Thankfully they have kept their promise, for the most part, except for the cases that get audited.

The cases that are 'randomly audited' have been pending for months and months, some cases () have been pending for over an year and there have been no response from DoL what so ever. I understand that a year does not sound bad especially to those folks who had their labor approved through the old process but these days the labor is getting approved within 50-60 days (average). It appears that the DOL (Atlanta Processing Center at least) does not bother to look at the documents once the audit has been replied to.

Although I understand that not everyone uses and some audit replies may have been replied sooner and were never reported to but you can get the idea just by a sample of the cases that were audited, and see that they have being neglected, ignored or appears that they are no longer considered for further processing. I have seen instances where the lawyers have retreated the application in the audit and filed a new application (a gamble) hoping that it does not get audit this time around. But not sure how that turned out.

If you visit the Atlanta Perm section on you will see the people's misery I mention here. In fact, I am sure that there are number of IV members who are going through this aggravating process but are silent becuase they know that can not do anything. Even lawyers have shown the sign of disappointment to this hopeless condition.

So I ask you, Members of IV, to help us and suggest something that (we) can be done to bring this to the attention of some sort of authority that would help trigger the review of Audit responses.

Thank you!

Updates:
We have decided to make this thread a place where all the Perm Auditees come and show their support. As of now we are gathering people here to estimate how many people are out there suffering the delays caused by Perm Audit. I have added a poll which is a way for us to estimate the number of people who will support any action that we take to make our voice heard.

Last edited by hellomms; 05-02-2008 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Updates
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute

xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomms View Post
Fellows,

We all had a sigh of relief when we saw the new labor certification process (Perm) and were promised that it will be much faster and smooth. Thankfully they have kept their promise, for the most part, except for the cases that get audited.

The cases that are 'randomly audited' have been pending for months and months, some cases () have been pending for over an year and there have been no response from DoL what so ever. I understand that a year does not sound bad especially to those folks who had their labor approved through the old process but these days the labor is getting approved within 50-60 days (average). It appears that the DOL (Atlanta Processing Center at least) does not bother to look at the documents once the audit has been replied to.

Although I understand that not everyone uses and some audit replies may have been replied sooner and were never reported to but you can get the idea just by a sample of the cases that were audited, and see that they have being neglected, ignored or appears that they are no longer considered for further processing. I have seen instances where the lawyers have retreated the application in the audit and filed a new application (a gamble) hoping that it does not get audit this time around. But not sure how that turned out.

If you visit the Atlanta Perm section on you will see the people's misery I mention here. In fact, I am sure that there are number of IV members who are going through this aggravating process but are silent becuase they know that can not do anything. Even lawyers have shown the sign of disappointment to this hopeless condition.

So I ask you, the IV Senior Members, to help us and suggest something that (we) can be done to bring this to the attention of some sort of authority that would help trigger the review of Audit responses.

Thank you!

Last edited by singhsa3; 05-02-2008 at 12:22 AM.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't get disheartened my freind. I did not intend to come out like that.
But seriously, you do need form a group to handle this issue. IV can at most provide an umbrella , under which like minded people like yourself can organize. We have similar such groups for IV physicians, lawmaker liasion et.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomms View Post
In case you did not notice I asked for a suggestion, not action. And please think a little broad and beyond technical terms, I don't mean Senior in forum (100+ post), I meant someone who has experience to provide suggestions that may have worked previously.

thanks for your "help" with the IV formula

If you dont have anything positive to contribute please do not just post comment (to become senior) as it could hurt others morale.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
naidu2543 is on a distinguished road
Default I am a member

I am a junior member and donate $50 to the IV every month. I am in the same boad with PERM after the audit. I do not understand why you guys are getting hostile with the guy that asked a question. It is a genuine question and needs discussion on the board whether you like it or not.

Last edited by pappu; 05-01-2008 at 12:28 PM.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

hellomms Could you gather all such people who are facing this issue and want to join the effort to fix it, at a single place on an IV thread. Once we have a sizable number of people to take initiative this effort can be successful. It is difficult to divert attention and resources for a single person. Each immigration issue that our community faces is important to the person suffering from it. IV is a place where people can get together and do something about fixing it.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute
Talking I am also struck

I am also waiting for the PERM process in chicago center. But its not a year. Its only three months. There is no info from DOL, no auditing. But so many guys applied after me got approval. So I am really pissed off. I dont know what order they are processing the papers.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Compare
Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all
Default I am also stuck

I am also stuck on PERM appeal. I applied for appeal in Sep 2006 and still haven't heard anything from Atlanta
Perm was applied for Senior Financial Analyst (EB2)

Thanks hellomms for starting this thread and for your effort

Perm applied 08/07/2006 (EB2 Senior Financial Analyst)
Perm denied 08/11/2006
Appeal filed on 09/07/2006

still waiting to hear from Atlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
hellomms Could you gather all such people who are facing this issue and want to join the effort to fix it, at a single place on an IV thread. Once we have a sizable number of people to take initiative this effort can be successful. It is difficult to divert attention and resources for a single person. Each immigration issue that our community faces is important to the person suffering from it. IV is a place where people can get together and do something about fixing it.

Last edited by Hassan11; 05-02-2008 at 03:59 PM.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
princenj is on a distinguished road

I'm stuck in the Atlanta PERM too.......

Audit from Atlanta DOL increased in the last quarter of 2007 because they are working on several other things, but after Oct 07, they haven't cleared several audit cases.

Applied: July 07
Audit: Nov 07
Replied: Nov 07

Old 05-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Forcechaos is just really nice Forcechaos is just really nice Forcechaos is just really nice Forcechaos is just really nice
Unhappy Waiting

I am also stuck in Atlanta center after audit came for my labour.

Applied for labour# May 30, 2007
Audit Date# October 04, 2007
Reply Date# October 18, 2007
Status# Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
I am willing to take the responsibility of gathering dates of people that are stuck and waiting for a reply.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
doknek has a brilliant future doknek has a brilliant future doknek has a brilliant future doknek has a brilliant future doknek has a brilliant future doknek has a brilliant future doknek has a brilliant future doknek has a brilliant future doknek has a brilliant future doknek has a brilliant future doknek has a brilliant future
Default Stuck too...

Please check my signature...I am stuck in Atlanta. For more than few months, Atlanta has not been touching the Audit cases at all. Just makes me angry

This is my first time here. I want very much to get the Audit issue resolved (if we could)

Old 05-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
JA1HIND will become famous soon enough JA1HIND will become famous soon enough
Default hopeless ATL-processing center!

PERM Filed: 06/15/2007
Audit date: 10/22/2007
PERM Audit Replied: 11/20/2008
EB2 Atlanta Still Waiting...

PD - 03/2005, LC Approval - 07/2007
I-140/485 (TSC) RD - 08/06/2007
PERM applied: 6/2007
Audited: 10/2007, Responded 11/2007
Center: Hopeless Atlanta

Old 05-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of
Default We Should Audit Atlanta Center, Instead of Application

Hi All,

Thank you very much for the efforts in creating this thread in IV, Thanks a lot IV for considering to address this issue.

Below are my details

1) Applied Date - September 2007
2) Audit Date - October 2007
3) Audit Reply Date - November 20 2007
4) Category - EB2
5) Center - Sleeping Atlanta

Thanks!

Last edited by letstalklc; 05-01-2008 at 03:17 PM.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arsalan77 is on a distinguished road

In the same boat, Perm Applied July 07, Audit recieved and replied october 07. Since then just waiting.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of

all,
could you all please also add the filed of work for which the labour application was filed.
Thanks,
slowwin

Old 05-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
: