Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-27-2007, 01:44 PM
sangmami sangmami is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 143
sangmami can only hope to improve
Default called neb service center today

Talked to an io at neb sc.within 5 sec of me starting to talk the ffice interuppted and she apologosed for doing that and said because of huge vol of appli there is a delay in the receipt notice.i SAID I AM july 2 nd filer and she said it might be in the first week of aug..(i had said the same thing in my earlier post too after i spoke toa diff officer)..She asked to keep checking the check clearnace.
Hope this helps
Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 07-27-2007, 01:55 PM
makemygc makemygc is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 504
makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangmami
Talked to an io at neb sc.within 5 sec of me starting to talk the ffice interuppted and she apologosed for doing that and said because of huge vol of appli there is a delay in the receipt notice.i SAID I AM july 2 nd filer and she said it might be in the first week of aug..(i had said the same thing in my earlier post too after i spoke toa diff officer)..She asked to keep checking the check clearnace.
Hope this helps
Thanks
Why do you keep calling them everyday? What is the urgency of getting receipts?
__________________
EB2 PD: Jul '06
I-140: Sept '06 from TSC
485 Filed - July 2nd at NSC
LUD - 06/02/2011
CPO Email - 6/2/20111
Cards Received - 6/9/2011

Finally maDemygc
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 07-27-2007, 02:11 PM
hmehta hmehta is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 108
hmehta is on a distinguished road
Default

Urgency of getting a receipt is that once you get the receipt, it means that USCIS has 'accepted' your application and it will not be rejected for lack of initial evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemygc
Why do you keep calling them everyday? What is the urgency of getting receipts?
__________________
EB-3 INDIA, PD Nov. 2005
I-485 Receipt Date : 7/19/07, Notice Date: 9/18/07
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 07-27-2007, 02:13 PM
EndlessWait EndlessWait is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 389
Blog Entries: 1
EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough
Default I think we might've to wait atleast 2 months

to get the receipts. Lets not bug them and have them work instead on receipting. With over 500K+ applications, it'd be a while to get the reciept..
oops did i mention EAD/AP..ur gonna have to wait a really long time on that one.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 07-27-2007, 02:17 PM
GCSeekerCT GCSeekerCT is offline
Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 37
GCSeekerCT will become famous soon enough GCSeekerCT will become famous soon enough
Default I Called today too

From their tone, I can tell the were trying hard to be helpful.

But, no receipt for me yet. July 2nd filer here as well.

Should I keep another set of 485 application ready, just in case if I don't hear about check cashing or receipt till august 15th ?

Is there any harm in filing the 485 again (just to be safe).... IF I don't get any indication of action on july2nd app ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 07-27-2007, 02:18 PM
sparklinks sparklinks is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 216
sparklinks will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessWait
to get the receipts. Lets not bug them and have them work instead on receipting. With over 500K+ applications, it'd be a while to get the reciept..
oops did i mention EAD/AP..ur gonna have to wait a really long time on that one.
I guess Phone answering people job is to answer the phones(not receipting), correct me if I am wrong.
__________________
EB2 India/ 03-2006
GC on 09/14/2010
Not a legal Adviser.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 07-27-2007, 02:20 PM
a_yaja a_yaja is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 417
a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSeekerCT
From their tone, I can tell the were trying hard to be helpful.

But, no receipt for me yet. July 2nd filer here as well.

Should I keep another set of 485 application ready, just in case if I don't hear about check cashing or receipt till august 15th ?

Is there any harm in filing the 485 again (just to be safe).... IF I don't get any indication of action on july2nd app ?
And how are you sure that the second application will be correct and not have any errors that the first one had?
__________________
Greened on 05/04/2011
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 07-27-2007, 02:23 PM
gc_lover gc_lover is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 277
gc_lover is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_yaja
And how are you sure that the second application will be correct and not have any errors that the first one had?
In that case, we can have third application ready!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 07-27-2007, 02:24 PM
EndlessWait EndlessWait is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 389
Blog Entries: 1
EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough
Default yes perhaps..but in the interest of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklinks
I guess Phone answering people job is to answer the phones(not receipting), correct me if I am wrong.
if they've less calls, they can do some other real work.

in any case..they took 1-3 months in case of reciepting 65K H1s. How soon do you think they can receipt 10 times that number..
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 07-27-2007, 02:25 PM
EndlessWait EndlessWait is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 389
Blog Entries: 1
EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough
Talking what if they cash in all the three

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_lover
In that case, we can have third application ready!
but invalidate the other 2..can they do that?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 07-27-2007, 02:26 PM
WeShallOvercome WeShallOvercome is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 395
WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold WeShallOvercome is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessWait
if they've less calls, they can do some other real work.

in any case..they took 1-3 months in case of reciepting 65K H1s. How soon do you think they can receipt 10 times that number..

That was before their newly found 'effeciency'...

more recently, they took 2 days (not even working days) to APPROVE 25000 AOS applications, how hard do you think it is for them to issue receipts ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old 07-27-2007, 02:32 PM
rimco99 rimco99 is offline
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 24
rimco99 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessWait
to get the receipts. Lets not bug them and have them work instead on receipting. With over 500K+ applications, it'd be a while to get the reciept..
oops did i mention EAD/AP..ur gonna have to wait a really long time on that one.
Can't we request for a temporary EAD 90 days after you receive the notice ? in the local immigration office (For Example in Boston).
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #13  
Old 07-27-2007, 02:34 PM
gdilla gdilla is offline
Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 77
gdilla is on a distinguished road
Default They said Aug 1st, so relax.

They've already said to give them until Aug 1st for June filers. Then they will focus on July filers. Simple as that. If your checks aren't cashed by Aug 1/2 for a June filer, then perhaps you have reason to call. If your checks are cashed, then YOU'RE IN, no need to call. Whatever you need is in the mail. If you don't get it by frst week of august, then call.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WeShallOvercome
That was before their newly found 'effeciency'...

more recently, they took 2 days (not even working days) to APPROVE 25000 AOS applications, how hard do you think it is for them to issue receipts ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #14  
Old 07-27-2007, 02:37 PM
kaisersose kaisersose is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 714
kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeShallOvercome
That was before their newly found 'effeciency'...

more recently, they took 2 days (not even working days) to APPROVE 25000 AOS applications, how hard do you think it is for them to issue receipts ?
A common misconception.

Approving 25000 485s that were already processed and sitting in cold storage will take less than a minute.

Approving meant simply running a program that assigned a visa number to a processed case in a loop that ran 25000 times. Such a program will complete in seconds. The paperwork for these 25k approved applications is going to take months and online updates of 485 approval are still trickling in.

So there was no new found efficiency in USCIS as many seem to believe.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #15  
Old 07-27-2007, 02:40 PM
EndlessWait EndlessWait is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 389
Blog Entries: 1
EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough
Wink yeah right..and u are Mr. Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersose
A common misconception.

Approving 25000 485s that were already processed and sitting in cold storage will take less than a minute.

Approving meant simply running a program that assigned a visa number to a processed case in a loop that ran 25000 times. Such a program will complete in seconds. The paperwork for these 25k approved applications is going to take months and online updates of 485 approval are still trickling in.

So there was no new found efficiency in USCIS as many seem to believe.
Cmon guys do u think finding efficient ways was an issue at USCIS..They simply wont do such things..They are happy doing it a snail's pace and love the red tape. Too bad Mr. Kumar on the other side who is annxiously waiting, is being pro-active and offering help by giving algorithms.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Have you done the most important thing for today....I called all of them..Did You? funny News articles and reports 14 09-16-2008 06:13 PM
Called up TSC HereIComeGC Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 1 04-25-2008 02:04 PM
called TSC snhn All other Green Card Issues 0 04-24-2008 05:46 PM
Called TSC about name check snhn All other Green Card Issues 0 04-15-2008 06:11 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 (Unregistered)
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org